Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

J-Rocks Potentially Disastrous 75G *INWALL* Build

xLimitlessJR

xLimitlessJR

Thanks Arce,

I do have my fuge light on a timer opposite my DT lights but maybe ill just try leaving the door to the fish room open more often

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xLimitlessJR

Went ahead and treated the tank to raise the PH @arce I know it's not a big deal but just for piece of mind. I used Seachems reef buffer and it seems to have worked! Been testing a few times a day and getting solid 8.3s

xLimitlessJR

My fuge is growning macro like crazy! i started with a tennis ball clump of chaeto and a handful of calerpa and now its pretty much a 2 inch thick layer on top of my fuge. So heres my question...when do i begin harvesting the macro?

My fuge is growning macro like crazy! i started with a tennis ball clump of chaeto and a handful of calerpa and now its pretty much a 2 inch thick layer on top of my fuge. So heres my question...when do i begin harvesting the macro?

Whenver it starts to overgrow or if you feel the need to trim.

• 2 weeks later...
xLimitlessJR

Added a new buddy to the reef today!

post-81882-0-14904300-1398386275_thumb.jpg

post-81882-0-92825100-1398386276_thumb.jpg

He was eating well at the fish store but i know these guys are tough to keep.

Heres to hoping!

(any tips would be much appreciated)

gulfsurfer101

Looking good. I love everything about this tank from the fish down to the white trim. My first plans for my 75g were to be a wall divider tank between my kitchen and my dining room but I don't ever spend time in part of my house so I set it up in place of my old tank that got plenty of loving. I still have a spare 75g sitting in one of my closets now that I may just do that and set up as a predator tank. Can't wait to see what direction you'll take it. I planned on sps too and am just getting into the habit of following my parameters to get a dosing regime down.

Go Tigers!
Added a new buddy to the reef today!

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=138221'>20140416_203235.jpg

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=138222'>20140416_203240.jpg

He was eating well at the fish store but i know these guys are tough to keep.

Heres to hoping! OOOOoo la la !!!

(any tips would be much appreciated)

xLimitlessJR

Looking good. I love everything about this tank from the fish down to the white trim. My first plans for my 75g were to be a wall divider tank between my kitchen and my dining room but I don't ever spend time in part of my house so I set it up in place of my old tank that got plenty of loving. I still have a spare 75g sitting in one of my closets now that I may just do that and set up as a predator tank. Can't wait to see what direction you'll take it. I planned on sps too and am just getting into the habit of following my parameters to get a dosing regime down.

Im having trouble dialing in my levels. I think its the inaccuracy of the Red Sea test kit. Im going back to API. Hopefully i can get it dialed in so i can start an auto dosing schedule to keep my levels steady.

As far as SPS so far i have failed miserably. Ill try again in a month or two.

Good luck with the Copperband!

thanks! Copperbands doing great! got him eating frozen mysis although hes not a veracious eater

Im having trouble dialing in my levels. I think its the inaccuracy of the Red Sea test kit. Im going back to API. Hopefully i can get it dialed in so i can start an auto dosing schedule to keep my levels steady.

As far as SPS so far i have failed miserably. Ill try again in a month or two.

What are you trying to test for? Alk,calc,mag? API aren't accurate. For the red sea test just be sure to follow the directions on the card precisely.

Copperband looks great btw, good luck with it.

• 1 month later...

Copperband didn't make it. lasted about a month but just wasn't eating well. :(

sorry to hear that :(

Archived