Cultivated Reef

Tree of life Zoa dominated tank

jaywong04

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say your tree looks a little tiny in there. Make another tree!

wrong tank dimension the tank height should be i think 10in not 12in

its very difficult to find a good shaped rock

Steensj2004

You could always build up an island of rock under the tree, kinda like a lone tree on a hill. Then use GSP or some other grass like coral to cover the ,"Hill." that would be pretty banging!

post-79843-0-96177200-1396189817.jpg

You could always build up an island of rock under the tree, kinda like a lone tree on a hill. Then use GSP or some other grass like coral to cover the ,"Hill." that would be pretty banging!

thanks for the input bro. ill try to find a suitable lr for the base of the tree

Cameron6796

Yes do that, it will add weight to the base to avoid toppling from corals and flow, may a small island in the closer right corner for some zoas or maybe euphylia kind of like a tree with a bush below it. It would also fill some sand bed ( if your doing a sand bed) but still leave negative space...this will be awesome either way

Mr. Microscope

because im not satisfied with the size of the tree i re do it

here is the new tree :)

20140401_225904-1_zps80fd71f1.jpg

WOW! Fantastic! Following.

because im not satisfied with the size of the tree i re do it

here is the new tree :)

20140401_225904-1_zps80fd71f1.jpg

VERY nice! I'd definitely use some iwagumi/tree scapes in the FW world for inspiration, I'd use a few mushies with GSP on the edges and sprinkled on the sand for a"grassy" look, if you use sand make a hill, higher in the back, lower in the front.

VERY nice! I'd definitely use some iwagumi/tree scapes in the FW world for inspiration, I'd use a few mushies with GSP on the edges and sprinkled on the sand for a"grassy" look, if you use sand make a hill, higher in the back, lower in the front.

that is a nice idea bro ill try to use eggcrate under the tree and tie it because im planning to add shrimp.goby pair maybe the scape can be ruined by the pistol because it likes to dig the sand

thanks to all im very excited to fill.this with water just waiting for my sidetable this tank will be put in my bedroom

:)

Maybe I missed it or something but where did you get that rockwork from and exactly what is it. I really like what you did with it.

Archived