Cultivated Reef

Radion owners, do you have the wide angle TIR lense

Jstn

I have a radion pro g2 over my 40b, and I was thinking of upgrading to this lens. My outer coral look bleak while I feel if I turn up the power, the middle will just get toasted.

Any input?

I have a radion pro g2 over my 40b, and I was thinking of upgrading to this lens. My outer coral look bleak while I feel if I turn up the power, the middle will just get toasted.

Any input?

I have the 120 degree optics on my Radion Pro G2 and I really, really like them. My problem wasn't spread as much as it was the two hotspots the 80 degree optics create and on a 20g tank, those hotspots take up a majority of the tank. By putting the 120 degree optics on, I have a much more even PAR intensity across the tank and I am not worried about bleaching anything.

On a small tank there is absolutely no reason not to get them. They are only 35$ and it isn't like you need 100% of the power a Radion Pro can put out on a nano sized tank. The only downside to them would be evident on larger, deeper tanks and since we don't have large deep tanks, we only get the benefit - which is much more even lighting.

Any input?

I have a pair of G2s with wide angle lenses over my 55. I had hot spots and subjectively the lenses even out the PAR. I am downsizing to a CAD Lights 34G Mini-II and I'm hoping a single unit will be sufficient light coverage. The lenses are cheap; I resold my old lenses cheaply (the TIR lenses are an upgrade for the older Radions) to offset the cost and spread the joy!

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this lens, after upgrading not only is the spread better, its more "soft" and t5 like in characteristics. It may be anecdotal, but a blue milli I have around 14" from the center of the radion has started to color up from brown.

Archived