Cultivated Reef

Kijho's Fluval Spec V - Retired (almost)

Kijho

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Water is so cloudy today for some reason... not sure why... (maybe the filters? not enough flow since I took the 240 out?)

Dust from the filter media I'd guess, every thing look tho.

Dust from the filter media I'd guess, every thing look tho.

Must be. Corals are looking okay though everything open fully and such.. Will keep an eye on it!

Cencalfishguy56

Must be. Corals are looking okay though everything open fully and such.. Will keep an eye on it!

One time I ran carbon without rinsing it first, it was a nightmare seeing all the dust in my tank I was siphoning it and and scrubbing walks for weeks because it slowly built up before I realized it lol

Rocks*

Yeah thinking about it they aren't as cheap in Canada as advertised in the US

Oh yea very expensive here in Canada $450. You should drive down to Buffalo NY and find a LFS :)

Lol hm it's only an hour away, worth it xD

That's nothing!

My BF and I spend a few hours driving around to various LFS's in the suburbs and sometimes come back empty handed!

Oh yea very expensive here in Canada $450. You should drive down to Buffalo NY and find a LFS :)

Call up Markheim pets in Buffalo. I used to go there for freshwater stuff. They might have something in stock or might be able to order it for you.

Really that's only 50$ savings it wouldn't be worth it after everything however if I have a large enough pay heck by March break we will likely be conveniently crossing to Buffalo for a night or two as a family.

• 2 weeks later...

Where have I been!! Well - Thank is doing pretty good I think. Haven't added anything nor lost anything thankfully. It's so weird though, the corals seriously don't seem to be as fat when I do more frequent water-changes.. it seems like they love dirtier water. However, dirty water = bubble algae so it's a big NO to skip WC's..

Things have just been maintained well.. I'm looking at adding a fish in the coming weeks, unsure on what still. I will always love the small clowns.. but who knows. Maybe I'll go a different route.

Me, riding yesterday. +17*C weather this week was a nice change considering it's still technically winter..

16167637844_affd37b3ea_c.jpgIMG_7847 by Shpixx, on Flickr

Just sent payment off to VidaRock for 3 x custom small barnacles to be made and shipped to me in Canada. They don't normally ship to Canada, and the one supplier they rerecorded also wouldn't ship to Canada (unfortunately). So - VidaRock was very kind to do business with me directly.

They will be shipping hopefully later today!! :)

Just sent payment off to VidaRock for 3 x custom small barnacles to be made and shipped to me in Canada. They don't normally ship to Canada, and the one supplier they rerecorded also wouldn't ship to Canada (unfortunately). So - VidaRock was very kind to do business with me directly.

They will be shipping hopefully later today!! :)

you need to get a goby or something to sleep in those barnacles!

You should get a war paint clown goby! I was going to get one of these but then got my wrasse instead to control my amphipod population. Tank is looking good Kijho! Glad you didn't decide to just tear it down after all the troubles.

Archived