ReefCleaners.org

Kijho's Fluval Spec V - Retired (almost)

Kijho

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, when i do that, i get tons of algae and cyano...

I've got alot of bubble algae in the back... no idea how to really conquer it yet, but haven't really tried..

You'll learn lps and softies like dirtier water. Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide at all yet ? Or get a emerald crab. Mines cut all bubble down to one one bubble. I even saw him latched on to my snail picking his she'll clean lol.

Don't do hydrogen peroxide just yet, it will potentially stress your hammer. But tbh I think that the bubble algea is why you have no nitrates

Yeah, I think everything is very happy with the 'dirtier' water haha! I also think perhaps you're right about the bubble being the reasn I didn't have nitrates, too. Atleast bubble isn't really "harmful" to anything in the tank... but it can take-over and grow out of control. Maybe by then I'll have a Nuvo 20 haha. Maybe... maybe...

Loving my hammers progress lately and my clown is just doing amazing, makes me so happy!

You'll learn lps and softies like dirtier water. Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide at all yet ? Or get a emerald crab. Mines cut all bubble down to one one bubble. I even saw him latched on to my snail picking his she'll clean lol.

Get an Emerald! They're so cool and they eat anything...

I was at my LFS and I noticed that there was red and green bubble algae in one of his tanks. He grabbed a few Emeralds from a sale tank, and put them somewhat near the algae. They were nearly fighting over who was gonna get to it first. I think they love the shit. :lol:

I'm happy everything is going well for you. Cool ride to the car show! Lovin the helmet cam.

They are awesome crabs. I actually found mine dead last night though. He picked all my bubble algae clean,and would see him picking at everything and even catching some Dr.G's LPS max food that would float near him,idkkkkk what happened though. My girlfriend was pretty upset,she loved him.

They are awesome crabs. I actually found mine dead last night though. He picked all my bubble algae clean,and would see him picking at everything and even catching some Dr.G's LPS max food that would float near him,idkkkkk what happened though. My girlfriend was pretty upset,she loved him.

I had one die on me too, once. It was a female. Right before her death, she jumped on the highest point of my rock, and spewed out eggs into the water column, and keeled over shortly after.

Go figure.

I have an emeralrd guys!! Haha, have had him almost a month - he hasn't seemed to touch the bubble. He's taken care of all hair algae though.. along with the tiny zebra hermit's I see like once a week cause they are always hiding....

Glad to see the clown looking much better. Did you do any manual removal or just let nature do its thing?

I was pazipro'ing for a while, didn't see much improvement. As soon as I put all the filter media's back in my tank though and STOPPED doing constant (weekly) WC's (for past two weeks) everything just began doing amazing. I gotta do a WC soon though, I just wanna do it for good measure to make sure things are okay. I will certaintly see how everything reacts to that..

I have an emeralrd guys!! Haha, have had him almost a month - he hasn't seemed to touch the bubble. He's taken care of all hair algae though.. along with the tiny zebra hermit's I see like once a week cause they are always hiding....

I was pazipro'ing for a while, didn't see much improvement. As soon as I put all the filter media's back in my tank though and STOPPED doing constant (weekly) WC's (for past two weeks) everything just began doing amazing. I gotta do a WC soon though, I just wanna do it for good measure to make sure things are okay. I will certaintly see how everything reacts to that..

Good to hear, yeh not doing water changes frequently is a wierd feeling but eventually you should get a real feel to how your tank is doing based on how everything looks.

We need new FTS

heh, at the 6 month mark in THREE days ;)

My glass has become super dirty. Haven't done anything to my tank honestly and everything is just thriving!!!

Checked my nitrates last night.... 0ppm!!?? I dunno how, I've been feeding SO much. Everything still at 0ppm!!

I presume the food I've been putting in has just been consumed so incredibly fast, everything is super fat. My Acans have grown lots this week - nearly touching the front of the glass now. Nuvo 20??????????

I find it hard to believe that the API test is THAT inaccurate... If your nitrates were high enough to cause an algae bloom, I'd think that even a faulty test would detect some traces in the water.

I'd say you're just one with your tank! Namaste. :bowdown:

6 Month update gonna come real soon - got so busy over the weekend I didn't even do my planned WC lmao.

Everythings doing great though - I actually went to the LFS too. God, everything at this one LFS seems to have gone downhill. I don't know why.. perhaps it's just because I'm used to looking in my tank and seeing things so fat? Alot of the frags there just look like they're dieng. They got several birdsnest's in and they were all bone white (same way mine was when it died sadly.) Don't think I'll buy much from them unless I get it when it's looking very alive on the first few days before it seems to die off. Not sure why though.....

Picked up a new pair of long tweezers as mine literally split apart. I think they're made for freshwater - so the salt must have gotten between the end point where they connect.

Also need to get some more aiptasia-x. I'm running somewhat low, but primarily becuase I snapped the syringe. How do you snap a syringe? haha... the inside "plunger" part broke as I was cleaning it out one day. So I need a new one.. figure just stock up on some more X as I have a fair bit of aiptasia back in my tank. Constant battle - I don't think it will ever end. One day I'll get a Nuvo 20 and I'll transfer all my corals into it and leave the rocks.

Everythings doing great though - I actually went to the LFS too. God, everything at this one LFS seems to have gone downhill. I don't know why.. perhaps it's just because I'm used to looking in my tank and seeing things so fat? Alot of the frags there just look like they're dieng. They got several birdsnest's in and they were all bone white (same way mine was when it died sadly.) Don't think I'll buy much from them unless I get it when it's looking very alive on the first few days before it seems to die off. Not sure why though.....

I went to 4 places over the weekend looking for coral. I found myself very judge-y of their tanks and passed up on a lot of options because it just wasn't good enough. Too much algae, not colorful enough, dead spots and skeleton showing... The 4th place I went to, I KNEW would be good. I've been there before and everything is clean, bright, and very well priced. Spent more there than I should have, but the corals looked so awesome, I couldn't help myself.

Archived