Cultivated Reef

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

It's getting better but this brs tonga sure brings on the phosphate lol. Just trying to ride it out and stay in this dang hobby.

• Like 1
Arkayology

It's getting better but this brs tonga sure brings on the phosphate lol. Just trying to ride it out and stay in this dang hobby.

GL getting the hair algae under control! Tank maturation can be a bear, for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Well all this time been fighting what I thought was hair turns out to be a strain of byropsis. Damn rookie :) I noticed other day when looking closer at it lol. This answers everything. Mag is going up daily with kent m until hits 2000 and keeping there till gone and then some. In a way I'm kind of excited cause I been wondering wtf for months now. I know I can beat this now and move on hopefully to liking this hobby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All the hair algae is gone. I see tiny bit red slime showing up but that's easy stuff ;) I'm back to being able to sit back and enjoy a tank vs not wanting to look at it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice, I missed these updates. I follow to many damn threads. :)

I'm so happy going back to T5, so much more fun than LED, not sure why. Maybe because I can swap bulbs on a whim?

So last week I decided to get rid of almost all the weeds. A friend has had bunch of issues with time to keep up in tank so I donated them to him in hope would spark interest again in hobby. What replaced the weeds. Yep more sticks. I think only reason they interest me is they are more of challenge. I'm still picking up more lps as I find them. Picked up a cool pink acan and another from best fish today and a nice red cynaria that I have been looking for at a fair price. Best fish always helps In that department.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/236EEEC2-CA6C-439C-BDCA-7E856162C136_zps7vzhlmj9.jpg.html'>236EEEC2-CA6C-439C-BDCA-7E856162C136_zps

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/7F52F648-645F-42C9-8668-07603E3B7B38_zpsoqlr0cmj.jpg.html'>7F52F648-645F-42C9-8668-07603E3B7B38_zps

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/plainrt/media/BA54074B-EF11-4CBA-9096-99FC048CD821_zpss8gleske.jpg.html'>BA54074B-EF11-4CBA-9096-99FC048CD821_zps

• Like 6

YES, fuzzy sticks!

I agree, it's the challenge. I tend to ignore all other corals and focus on the sticks, the color or lack of it, growth rate ... it really is some kind of addiction.

I'm

Getting some great pe on sps so far and happy with how most are encrusting etc.picked this up yesterday

386738D0-9877-48F6-BBAD-C8ADE8023316_zps

What kind of coral is that? I may need to add one to my wish list! :o

NorthGaHillbilly

I really feel Cynarina are under appreciated man, bubble out similar to a bubble coral, awesome feeding response like a meat, what's not to love. Sweet pickup

• Like 1