inTank Media Baskets

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

I know this worst pic ever but today when looking at tank I saw what I thought was random zoa on my rock. After looking closer I realized it was a baby rock flower nem. I decided to look a bit around my flower nems in the sand and I was able to find two more that were size of like a baby zoa. Prob more under the nems or blowing around somewhere. Just thought was cool.

6766B18F-C8D2-4F70-87C0-E2AE0B85FDDD_zps

• Like 3

Today I decided to clean my glass and while doing so I found this little guy in sand hanging out in shell. Found another common spawned in captivity flower nem. Guy on local forum says it's common for them to spawn in this hobby.......Color on this one a cool orange.

EA13868F-80BD-4AD7-8B9F-B8D899156FD1_zps

• Like 7
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks. There is a browned one in pic I just moved from back corner of tank. Been real busy lately and haven't had much time for tank.

Oh and this one as the blues just came on and ramping up.

7D652F7C-FA27-496E-9202-B9081E86FC0B_zps

• Like 7

Well I looked back today at the tank I was trying to top for over 5 years now. I might be getting there if not there already ;)

My old 30 breeder setup in 2009 when featured tank

34FDFFE1-C85F-4862-BB24-920685271D40_zps

VS my tank today

5BB6E893-2D22-4A13-9DAB-04A0EDCF4EEB_zps

• Like 5

Thanks on another note I found 3 more baby nems today in tank so I'm up to like 8 of them I have found and are still around. Been pretty worried with wrasse diving in sand all the time but they are still there. Was thinking about getting another wrasse but after finding more babies today I think I wait.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Thanks on another note I found 3 more baby nems today in tank so I'm up to like 8 of them I have found and are still around. Been pretty worried with wrasse diving in sand all the time but they are still there. Was thinking about getting another wrasse but after finding more babies today I think I wait.

What type of nem? Just curious!

Both tanks are so beautiful; its not a "topping" thing IMO>

What type of nem? Just curious!

Both tanks are so beautiful; its not a "topping" thing IMO>

Rock flower nems. After my old 30b was taken down I have had like 5 other tanks. From 29 gal-150 cube.None of them did it for me and now this one has brought back the love for this hobby. When I say top it means more than just looks. It's the function etc. I love mixed reefs and having the balance to keep all of them happy. Yes my sps isn't the fastest growing but 98% of them have crazy good color. My lps all do excellent in this setup along with the softies. It's the around package ;)

HarryPotter

Rock flower nems. After my old 30b was taken down I have had like 5 other tanks. From 29 gal-150 cube.None of them did it for me and now this one has brought back the love for this hobby. When I say top it means more than just looks. It's the function etc. I love mixed reefs and having the balance to keep all of them happy. Yes my sps isn't the fastest growing but 98% of them have crazy good color. My lps all do excellent in this setup along with the softies. It's the around package ;)

ooh picture of the nems? I LOVE anemones, but around here the RBTA are $50+ and the RFA $40+.

The mixed reef is amazing- your SPS colors are awesome and you still get movement from the LPS!

• Like 2

Well I looked back today at the tank I was trying to top for over 5 years now. I might be getting there if not there already ;)

My old 30 breeder setup in 2009 when featured tank34FDFFE1-C85F-4862-BB24-920685271D40_zps

VS my tank today5BB6E893-2D22-4A13-9DAB-04A0EDCF4EEB_zps

Yeah you're killing it man.
  • Like 2

Do you even measure Nitratres or Phosphates, or KH? :) I was surprised my little 29 is showing nothing for PO4 or NO3. I kind of feel like it would be easier to keep SPS in than the 150.

• Like 1

Thanks lawn. I have some pics of the babies up farther on this page. Very hard to get pics as they are size of pencil eraser pretty much and all in pita locations to get pics.found this one today.like said so hard to get pics :(

BC682694-094E-439A-871E-411AF7444141_zps

Do you even measure Nitratres or Phosphates, or KH? :) I was surprised my little 29 is showing nothing for PO4 or NO3. I kind of feel like it would be easier to keep SPS in than the 150.

I haven't tested phos or trates since my algae issues like 6 months ago. Was thinking about doing more just to get better understanding of my tank. I test kh every few days and cal every week or two. Mag gets tested monthly. Do wc monthly also but think I'm gonna try and do little more. I feed flips like twice a week smit ton of food and fish a bunch daily ;) mostly frozen food for fish

• Like 1

Thanks lawn. I have some pics of the babies up farther on this page. Very hard to get pics as they are size of pencil eraser pretty much and all in pita locations to get pics.found this one today.like said so hard to get pics :(BC682694-094E-439A-871E-411AF7444141_zps

I haven't tested phos or trates since my algae issues like 6 months ago. Was thinking about doing more just to get better understanding of my tank. I test kh every few days and cal every week or two. Mag gets tested monthly. Do wc monthly also but think I'm gonna try and do little more. I feed flips like twice a week smit ton of food and fish a bunch daily ;) mostly frozen food for fish

I need to get on board with a doser and testing. I lost a shit ton of LPS this Spring from being to busy at work.

I was gonna say, how is this not a totm yet but it just looks totally different now.

This is different setup than my old totm ;) old one was sump less and skimmer less budget build.