Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

So another tank begins. After many many issues lately after some thinking I'm going back to my roots. My second tank and my best tank that I loved was my breeder setup. This setup hopefully will be a better version of that. I went with a deep blue rimless 34 gal which is same size as a 30 breeder. It's sitting on my old oceanic stand from my original breeder setup.It was little beat up and always had distressed look idea for the stand so I went that route with it. For lighting I picked up my old ati dimmable 4 bulb t5 as I love the fixture and I ran t5s over my old breeder. I will be running my vertex 130 skimmer and gfo on this tank in a 20 gal sump.Now for the rock I went with something I never thought I would but had a image for a setup like this for long time and went with it.The tall peaks of rock should just poke out of surface when wet.Im very happy I used the tonga as has so much depth that pics can't show.I plan to let this tank cycle out long time and no rushing as all my easy corals and fish are in a biocube and local guy has what's left of my beat up Sps.Thanks again guy.

Some pics

80 deep blue March 2015

4B8C921E-2E81-4059-949D-4F16407035A5_zps

77778F0E-4CB6-46C9-B20A-782B21042DBA_zps

159536E4-C352-4095-B785-B409BDB7FD38_zps

July 2015

B9CCF852-2A45-4E4B-B507-7E90218704C3_zps

June 2015

5BB6E893-2D22-4A13-9DAB-04A0EDCF4EEB_zps

• Like 22

My 2 jeboa wp25s came today.So far I'm happy with them. Not loud like first wp I tried. After poor service from ecotech I decided I'll deal with cords in my tank again

• Like 4
Nanofreak79
Lol I'm gonna work on the water level. Not big fan of the overflow on the deep blue tanks
Me either.....

You can surf in that tank!
Hang 34 dude. Ahhhhhh yes!
  • Like 1
Nanofreak79
The way I fixed water level without using noisy grate piece was bead of silicon on inside overflow. Works better IMO lol

Good idea bro!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok transferred whats left of my lps tonight. My sps is gonna be held off bit longer before goes in.Corals not happy yet in crappy phone pic but get the idea lol.Some fish will go in tomorrow :)

9119EB01-F8A6-417F-8106-CF6B4CCD4D33_zps

• Like 4

Thanks. I tried to do something bit different and original on this one.Never really seen all tonga branch rock used together.I'm use to seeing a mix of it which never looks right or just stuff that looks tossed in.I had this image in my head for branch rock for some time and now I love it. Well there is on part on center right that I don't like but a coral wil fill soon so it all flows together even more.

Thanks. All stays in the tank. I need get a dimmer to turn down pumps so I can use random mode. Right now only way not to blow everything around is to run in wave 1. It looks crazy but it's pretty easy on the corals

• 2 months later...