Pod Your Reef

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Lol I hate names off top of my head some of my sps would be red planet,green slimer,spaz's blue stuff,tyree purple monster, red dragon, strawberry shortcake, aquaman monti, reef raft nauti spiral, sand dollar monti and some other stuff. All is doing pretty well. Now just needs to encrust more and get growing away.

• Like 1
Glad you're back! how's everything going. this d'Espresso! Happy Holiday!
The frags look good!
Wow long time no see. This tank has been a b----. Had algae forever and sold many corals I had forever do wouldn't die in the mess. Tank is 8 months old already and doesn't look it lol. But I gotta say this setup is now doing great. Just waiting for this stuff to encrust and do its thing. Lol I won't rest till i beat my personal goal.

Thanks and happy holidays to you also.

• Like 1

Some random pics. The rotty turd cap in the one pic isn't mine. I'm saving that for another member. Just thought was cool pic.

AAEA0097-0D49-49CB-8AE4-7EF578710A71_zps

Love this pic! :) What is the big purple and yellow cap looking coral?

That's reef raft nauti spiral. I split it with local but his was dying so he gave back cause mine was doing good. I think that's what your talking about. It's just brown ugly dead coral. It was almost white a week ago so it's coming back

• Like 1

The purple nem decided to move and go hang out with the green one today. Do these things like to be near others? Mine seem to never stay still like they say.

67521446-DF0E-472E-81AA-48DFF06869A3_zps

• Like 4

Thanks guy. I have a good feeling about this setup. on another note I got rid of more big leathers other day in hopes of acro growth being better. Too small of tank to have leather toxins with the sps.

• Like 1
things are looking good man, is that a big leather on the left in the tank? It's gorgeous.

It was a big devils hand but I got rid of it along with last of other leathers last week. Being as small of a tank I decided I wanted to make sure toxins weren't affecting sps. I love my softies a lot but my goal with this tank is to prove to myself I'm not complete f up in this hobby. After I had totm here years ago i just haven't been happy with a setup. This one is different though and feeling good about where it's going. Hopefully one day when fills in it will maybe be totm worthy ;)

Ok so lately I been looking into new dosing setup as I'm running brs dosing pumps on a single point timer. Now with alk demands going up a single point timer not gonna cut it so been looking at options. I could just get a timer with more set points, or controller or go with a stand alone doser. I'm not a fan of controllers cause I believe count on them too much. So this leads me to a stand alone doser which in the end will clean up my stand a bit. I been researching them a bunch and I can get a killer deal on a new eshopps doser from my amazing lfs. Has anyone heard anything bad about the eshopps doser? Or should I look at other options lol