Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

I break in bulbs for good 100hrs. More than they say. I been running the bulbs about 9 months before I replace them. Oh and I do use the dimming feature on mine.

Oh and that bulb combo is a very crisp with just enough blue at peak. I love it. No washing out like with some bulbs.

Thanks for your answers! Sorry to bother you so much, but can you share your dimming schedule and percentages please? Also, when you are breaking in your bulbs, do you just leave your light on top of the tank and I'm assuming that you raise your light? Breaking in is running them at 100% right? Thanks, and once again, your tank looks beautiful and amazing!
  • Like 1

Thanks for your answers! Sorry to bother you so much, but can you share your dimming schedule and percentages please? Also, when you are breaking in your bulbs, do you just leave your light on top of the tank and I'm assuming that you raise your light? Breaking in is running them at 100% right? Thanks, and once again, your tank looks beautiful and amazing!

100% and raise light. Lol don't remember why but this how setup I believe

Blue

1400 on

1500 100%

2130 100%

2231 off

Whites

1500 on

1600 100%

2045 100%

2131 off

• Like 1

Great job - congratulations! You've done a great job of showing how to establish a true mixed reef, and that selecting beautiful corals is more important than selecting expensive ones :)

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Great job - congratulations! You've done a great job of showing how to establish a true mixed reef, and that selecting beautiful corals is more important than selecting expensive ones :)

SHHHH!! Don't let the people over at R2R know that! Their sponsors will all go broke! ;)

• Like 4

Thanks. I think people forget sometimes they don't need high end corals to have a sweet reef.

So now that you got TOTM, you can send me all my RFA babies.

You didn't get the package yet?

Belated congrats on TOTM, I completely missed it. Well deserved, again. :)

Thanks guy. ;)

Tomorrow my local club is doing tour of tanks event and my tank is one of stops. I haven't shown too many my tank in person so will be nice to hear some in person feedback. Kind of pissed as just spotted some byropsis in my tank last couple days. Time to bust out some Kent and slowly bring that mag up there. If it's not one thing it's another lol.

• Like 3

Took some randoms today and liked these.Was happy how polyp one turned out for phone pic and the chalice I couldn't give away looks better everyday now.

B8309E02-0EF2-483D-B94E-3871CFE92847_zps

C64E79BE-74C6-4A6A-80FF-08193425E1EE_zps

• Like 7