ReefCleaners.org

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

Maxspect Razor 160W 27 , the 16K.

Guess I'm partially afraid of the circulation being too strong on them. I'll soon get another pump on the other side to balance it out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soaked my Jebao in vinegar-water and it is back to its old strong self. I think I will still be getting another one for the opposite side. I ruffled up the sand and scraped the top 2 inches of the back wall w/ a razor and turned on the skimmer right now. The urchin and sea egg don't really seem to be doing too much to the gunk on the back wall. I have so many pods in this tank. Anybody know if nems eat pods?

3 weeks ago is when I last saw the baby. Haven't seen it since. :( It was already under the skirt of the daddy then so I'm hoping it's still in there but you'd think it'd reach for the light. Hope it's still there.

I received the other Jebao WP-25 today in the mail so I'll put that in this weekend after I do a water change on Sat. Hopefully I can get this cyano then cleared up with a pump on each end facing the middle and water changes.

Got 6 nems from VIPReef yest evening. Only 1 had attached to the sand/tank bottom when I came home from work (I've had the pump off to allow them to attach and not get flung). I moved 5 of them to rocks to get them to attach. Four of 5 have already. I may need to take a couple more rocks from my fuge and put them up top. Once all are acclimated and attached to sand or rock then I'll take some pics a couple days from now.

Sorry your baby is hiding. My shrinking pink nem keeps disappearing for weeks, then emerges for a day or two. Hopefully your baby nem is just resting up and will pop out bigger!!

Sorry your baby is hiding. My shrinking pink nem keeps disappearing for weeks, then emerges for a day or two. Hopefully your baby nem is just resting up and will pop out bigger!!

Wanting to be hopeful. Maybe she'll play hide n' go seek like yours. I just don't know the behaviors of babies in a 60g tank on a rock covered by 3 nems who've moved around on the rock some.

3 weeks ago is when I last saw the baby. Haven't seen it since. :( It was already under the skirt of the daddy then so I'm hoping it's still in there but you'd think it'd reach for the light. Hope it's still there.

I received the other Jebao WP-25 today in the mail so I'll put that in this weekend after I do a water change on Sat. Hopefully I can get this cyano then cleared up with a pump on each end facing the middle and water changes.

Got 6 nems from VIPReef yest evening. Only 1 had attached to the sand/tank bottom when I came home from work (I've had the pump off to allow them to attach and not get flung). I moved 5 of them to rocks to get them to attach. Four of 5 have already. I may need to take a couple more rocks from my fuge and put them up top. Once all are acclimated and attached to sand or rock then I'll take some pics a couple days from now.

6 VIP RFAs????? omgomgomg:happydance:

6 VIP RFAs????? omgomgomg:happydance:

Yep. I now have 38 in there. I'll try to take pics on Sun since I'm doing a water change tomorrow. I think it's time I actually take the skimmer out and take dirty water from that chamber and clean off the walls w/ a razor, there are those yellow snake like looking encrustations on the inside walls. Then I'll remove the rocks and the Seachem river pebbles from the middle chamber & suction out that dirty water. Then I'll fill that back up and continue w/ the water change using the water from the display tank. I also need to pick a few more rocks for the display.

Yep. I now have 38 in there. I'll try to take pics on Sun since I'm doing a water change tomorrow. I think it's time I actually take the skimmer out and take dirty water from that chamber and clean off the walls w/ a razor, there are those yellow snake like looking encrustations on the inside walls. Then I'll remove the rocks and the Seachem river pebbles from the middle chamber & suction out that dirty water. Then I'll fill that back up and continue w/ the water change using the water from the display tank. I also need to pick a few more rocks for the display.

Are they all from VIP? Can't wait to see pictures :happydance:.

Yes, all VIP. I was going through a rough time and needed something to cheer me up. I see he has more. I'm pretty sure I'll convince myself I need 50 in there. Hopefully they'll make babies of their own and I can make my own lovelies. I know there will always be another one, with a prettier pattern or more exotic coloring. I know I have one set that are almost a duplicate of each other. Maybe one day I'll sell one off. Or a green one I bought once turned out more evergreen than crayola green and maybe that'll go too one day but for now I'll just keep 'em.

Turned on the Jebao pump today since all have secured now. Tomorrow is water change and turn the other pump on. Gena, I know you have the same skimmer, have you seen any lessening effect on your skimmer pump from those little encrusting white things, I think vermetids. I need to scrape the glass but I know I probably need to get a tooth brush and scrub them off that pump.

I did put in the other pump but didn't get to the water change. But here's a pic of one of the new nems. I love the blue it appears to have. More pics after the water change and things settle.

20150307_203118_zpskzfjyuws.jpg

20150307_203614_zpsiq3x0qz0.jpg

Lights already going down so not the best pics.

20150307_203823_zps1opigidv.jpg

Here's a better pick of one of the newest. The others I'm having a harder time with because one is scrunched in half on the rock and sand, another is small like a nickel, another one just found a new placement on a rock near the front, etc.

I did take out like 15 gallons from the fuge area. Hard to get the water out as it's level so the suction was not great in the hose so I pretty much had to use a 4 c measuring cup, stirring the junk so it would get in the cup but certainly better than it was. Maybe Wed I'll take out 15 g from the top. Trying to get the upper edge on the cyano.

20150308_131311_zpsz1cssogm.jpg

if uncle sam had a tank, this would be in it - red, white and blue and with stripes! - cool!

She was bought through VIP.

Hey, I'm waiting for mother nature to make a royal blue n' sky blue or royal purple n' periwinkle. I'm also hoping for purple, green & blue paisley!! We just have to be patient!!! I love the one in your sig picture.

Well I gotta say- I'm at a local bar having a few beers , waiting to pick up my daughter from a late class study session. I've viewed this like 4 times already and still mesmorized!!

Well I gotta say- I'm at a local bar having a few beers , waiting to pick up my daughter from a late class study session. I've viewed this like 4 times already and still mesmorized!!

Ha! Yeah, don't ya love the hot pink ones ?? or the baby blue?

I've just ordered some Chemi-clean to help w/ this green and purple cyano so hoping to do the trick. I'll probably then do a water change again on Sat, then add it in. I was just speaking w/ Frank at VIP, he said it's safe for use.

I like the baby blue :).

Yes, all VIP. I was going through a rough time and needed something to cheer me up. I see he has more. I'm pretty sure I'll convince myself I need 50 in there. Hopefully they'll make babies of their own and I can make my own lovelies. I know there will always be another one, with a prettier pattern or more exotic coloring. I know I have one set that are almost a duplicate of each other. Maybe one day I'll sell one off. Or a green one I bought once turned out more evergreen than crayola green and maybe that'll go too one day but for now I'll just keep 'em.

Turned on the Jebao pump today since all have secured now. Tomorrow is water change and turn the other pump on. Gena, I know you have the same skimmer, have you seen any lessening effect on your skimmer pump from those little encrusting white things, I think vermetids. I need to scrape the glass but I know I probably need to get a tooth brush and scrub them off that pump.

Nope...haven't noticed any issue at all. And I don't clean them off at all. Every 6 months or so I'll clean out the pump, if I remember to LOL.

Garden not so rockin'. My 3rd bout of Cyano since Sept. Have some Chemiclean coming tomorrow w/ 5 more nems. I gotta get this bacteria out of there once and for all. I'll add it when I come home tomorrow.

FUGLY!!!!

20150316_180737_zpsta4dq8ho.jpg

jedimasterben

Unfortunately, Chemiclean usually just ends up being a band-aid, and sometimes it just doesn't even work. More than likely depends on the specific species of cyanobacteria you've got.

Pinner Reef

I'm fighting it too. <_<

Gimme a sec and I'll post a pic to make you feel better.

There ya go... sweet jebus

20150125_182854_zps5oonavxo.jpg

Unfortunately, Chemiclean usually just ends up being a band-aid, and sometimes it just doesn't even work. More than likely depends on the specific species of cyanobacteria you've got.

Well, hopefully it'll take care of it. It starts out green powder, then turns red. It's the 3rd bout since Sept. Only a month between without. Nems have been in the tank since June. None of my other 3 tanks has it at all.

I'm fighting it too. <_<

Gimme a sec and I'll post a pic to make you feel better.

There ya go... sweet jebus

20150125_182854_zps5oonavxo.jpg

Aw man. Cyano is the new black in my eyes. I put it in tomorrow. I'll put up an after picture. Good lord, I know your pain. We could start a cyano pic thread.

That's a bummer. Could the fact that the tank is in the basement make the difference? More humid down there, different air quality?

I don't know. It's a finished basement. The ceiling fan is not turned on because it's 68 down there and I keep the tank at 77-80. If I turn the fan on it goes down to 72.

Upstairs in the kitchen and living room I have the 8 gallon, 20, 34 and 55 freshwater and I have condensation on the windows but don't have the issue.

Is it a walkout basement? Maybe that has nothing to do with it at all. It was just a thought. Do you have a lot

of liverock in the sump? A refugium in the sump?

Archived