Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Landen / ADA 60P - 17.1 Gallons - New Pics

Bella's Reef

I had a guy from my local forums make a screen top with the window framing, turned out awesome. He used the smaller squared clear mesh to prevent jumpers. It cost me $30 shipped & I did not have to deal with building it so I thought it was a good deal.

Thanks for the info - right now I've got some eggcrate and plexiglass - not super attractive, but works for now!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info - right now I've got some eggcrate and plexiglass - not super attractive, but works for now!

Egg crate won't keep small-medium fish out. The openings are to big.

There's plexiglass on top of some of the egg crate but not all. I know I need to get something else figured out, just not quite sure what to do. Thankfully I never see any of my fish even close to the top. I'm running errands today so I'll see what happens!

It's ok - it's meant to keep them in! JK.

Nice build!

Bella's Reef

Hit a bump in the road. I purchased a skimmer off of a member on here. It arrived with top acrylic corners broke off, no biggie fixed that.

I went to get skimmer running and it was leaking all over the place. The piece that connects the pump to body of skimmer is broken off inside pump.

9BBF9F9C-FA8D-42BF-AB55-CC1E667177CE_zps

C4482919-0552-4D1F-B8F7-38997F27F4A2_zps

B551875D-A1B2-420C-B983-CBCBD3E64F4C_zps

It's ok - it's meant to keep them in! JK.

Yeah sure if keepin fish in the water is your kinda thing I suppose :rolleyes: lol

Hit a bump in the road. I purchased a skimmer off of a member on here. It arrived with top acrylic corners broke off, no biggie fixed that.

I went to get skimmer running and it was leaking all over the place. The piece that connects the pump to body of skimmer is broken off inside pump.

Wow that really sucks, do you think it shipped that way or do you think you may have over tightened it and cranked the end off accidentally??

Bella's Reef

This was the damage I originally found when opening the package.

177C6AC4-DA16-4F04-AF4E-2415F285C9BC_zps

I let the seller know about that - fixed that & let it dry for a week & upon trying to get it running it was leaking all over.

The powercord was wedged under the pump keeping it barely in place. Moved that and it came apart completely.

Filed pay pal claim & just going to buy a skimmer locally. This is the second one I bought online and came broken.

This was the damage I originally found when opening the package.

177C6AC4-DA16-4F04-AF4E-2415F285C9BC_zps

I let the seller know about that - fixed that & let it dry for a week & upon trying to get it running it was leaking all over.

The powercord was wedged under the pump keeping it barely in place. Moved that and it came apart completely.

Filed pay pal claim & just going to buy a skimmer locally. This is the second one I bought online and came broken.

That really sucks man. Were they poorly packaged, or you think they were just sellin their old junk??

Bella's Reef

On a positive note I picked up 4 heads of Bi-Color Frogspawn, 4 Polyps of Tubbs Blue Zoa's and two small heads of acan from local reefers this weekend.

I also picked up a month old Tunze 9002 for $70, going to air line mod it, when I get refunded from PayPal I plan on dumping that money on coral & a Tail Spot Blenny if I can find one.

Bella's Reef
Bella's Reef

FTS from the past week:

026B9D27-A9A0-4B9F-BB39-A2F85D0BC43C_zps

I added a 2" RBTA I picked up from a local reefer for $20 last night, hope to go home from work & see it nice and open & in the same spot. Still trying to dial the Tunze in but so far so good.

The rock work is finally starting to get some green corraline growth on it - hopefully get a new picture tonight.

Bella's Reef

Thanks - I wish I had more money available but I have another expensive hobby. I definitely want to order some stuff from you guys!

I just got done with suspension and wheels on this over the weekend

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/SeanPrice2345/media/8thAccord_zps94062393.jpg.html'>8thAccord_zps94062393.jpg

Tank is coming along nicely. How are the corals all doing that you added a few days ago?

Acans are fat and puffy, looking larger then when I got them and the zoanthids have baby polyps sprouting up, I also noticed the frogspawn has some new growth that is coming along.

I did the airline mod on the Tunze 9002 and have been letting it break in and muck up, should be skimming well within a few days.

I want to add more fish and coral but I am on a spending freeze for a few weeks, still have a fender roll & alignment needed on my car.

Bella's Reef

Now that the seller of the broken skimmer is being a little tool via PayPal stating I modified the skimmer & other excuses, I will go ahead and post his username: ReefMaster1996

Regardless they have ruled in my favor & he is trying to dispute it anyway possible and of course has insufficient funds to cover it.

He packaged the skimmer with pages from a magazine, but yet it is not his fault.

Now that the seller of the broken skimmer is being a little tool via PayPal stating I modified the skimmer & other excuses, I will go ahead and post his username: ReefMaster1996

Regardless they have ruled in my favor & he is trying to dispute it anyway possible and of course has insufficient funds to cover it.

He packaged the skimmer with pages from a magazine, but yet it is not his fault.

Well ya know magazine pages are the new styrofoam/ packing peanut right? LOL

Glad to hear they sided in your favor like they should have ;)

Bella's Reef

Busy weekend, first car shown of the year & 7 year anniversary.

Car show was in Lansing and we had lunch @ Maru - best sushi I have had in my life!

After that we went to Preuss & picked up a Tail Spot Blenny and a Pink Spot Goby.

They also had a special on $10 brain frags and $30 zoa mini colony.

Bella's Reef

Pink Spot

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/SeanPrice2345/media/Salt%20Water%20Tank/BAA0528B-A13F-4572-A441-F944A37D4998_zpsjukj8kkf.jpg.html'>BAA0528B-A13F-4572-A441-F944A37D4998_zps

The RBTA has been ticked as I moved a rock that was above it to create a more cave like appearance. I will try and get a picture tonight, the Tail Spot is pretty small & hangs out by the MP10 in a little rock cave which ticks off the Clownfish as it has claimed the MP10.

Wow man that pink spot looks awesome! I've never really paid much attention to the lower level sand sifting type fish, but thats definitely a looker going to have to start looking into something like that for sure now.

Bella's Reef

Wow man that pink spot looks awesome! I've never really paid much attention to the lower level sand sifting type fish, but thats definitely a looker going to have to start looking into something like that for sure now.

Thanks!

I have had Yellow Watchmens in the past but wanted to something different and this fit the bill.

The size/color and price on this Pink Spot at Preuss was a steal - $29.99 - plus the wife loved it.

They had a larger one with great coloring for the same price. The one I got is a good 3" and healthy the other is even bigger.

Bella's Reef

Archived