Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help with shopping list for 2x Lumia 5.1

enigmatic

I'm new to DIY LED and looking to start and learn by building 2 Lumia 5.1 for use over my 5ft x 2ft x 2ft planted tank. These are to replace 2x 150W MH lamps that are currently used.

I'm planning to run one Lumia at the left side of the tank and the other at the right so planning on separate heat sinks as 1. there isn't a 5ft option and 2. the cost of shipping to Australia would be too much.

So to place an order, I need some assistance to be sure I'm not missing anything. I'm looking at:

1) 2x 12" heat sinks to allow for future addition of more individual LED with hanging kit

2) 2x Lumia 5.1 plants

3) 2x Lumia 5.1 optic / lens 80-110 angle

4) 6x makersdriver - professional grade dimmable led driver (3 per Lumia)

5) 1x 250w 48v 5.2a dc power supply

Questions are:

1) Am I right to go with the 80-110 angle?

2) When I select the drivers what Ma settings should I be selecting 700 for both driver 1 and driver 2?

3) Can I start this setup with the 1 power supply and move to a 2nd later or do I need 2 right away?

4) Is there anything else I need to be including?

Again, apologies for the daft questions but I'm new and want to get this right.

jedimasterben

You could have left the same thread up, but a new one works too :)

You only need a total of 5x of the MakersDriver. Each has two channels, and each channel can run one channel of the Lumia 5.1.

The 250w power supply isn't quite big enough. Each Lumia at full power uses 126w, and you need 20% 'spare area' on the power supply to avoid running it to 100%, so your power supply would need to be ~300w or more. LEDgroupbuy sells a 500w power supply, but for a bit more cost, you can purchase a Meanwell HLG-320H-48, which is a sealed (IP67), ultra-high quality driver. I've been trying to talk Milad into carrying them, but no luck so far :/ I'm not sure where you could get one, so I would look around and see if you can find one sold in your country for a decent price (the 320H model sells here for $122 USD).

You shouldn't need any lenses.

Yes, 700mA for everything - that is the absolute maximum of the 5.1.

For power supply, see above.

You'll need things like thermal paste to go between the LEDs and the heatsink, adhesive silicone if you're set on using the lens, wire, solder is good to have if you want to make your connections REALLY secure (or use crimp-connectors, not sure exactly what they're called, but it's kinda like a piece of sleeve with a metal tube in the center, you insert two wires and then crimp down with a pair of pliers and the wires won't come out), a multimeter is handy for troubleshooting, that's pretty much all I can think of at this point.

Archived