SaltCritters.com

Nanofreaks >1 of softness

Nanofreak79

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
Have you ever looked into the DIY ATO they have on Premium Aquatics, for like $35-40 ?

No I'll have to check it out. I like ordering from them. Depend on how big it is too. Tank, with rock is small.

Nanofreak79

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total

Berquist Thermal Pad (individual)

4 $0.59 USD $2.36 USD

Bulk Wire (Black)

1 $0.25 USD $0.25 USD

CREE XM-L Neutral White LED

XMLAWT-00-0000-0000LT50E4 1 $6.50 USD $6.50 USD

Philips Rebel ES Royal Blue LED

2 $3.00 USD $6.00 USD

SemiLEDs Violet UV LED

UV-LED-420 1 $4.50 USD $4.50 USD

Subtotal: $19.61 USD

Shipping: $7.00 USD

Grand Total: $26.61 USD

Rapid LED

Should be here by Friday or Saturday! Let there be light....well soon :)

Yessss,this is going to be awesome !!! This light is going to be bad arse for what it is.

Have you ever heard of Evolution LED ? They have a "par" bulb that has 1 watt leds I believe it's 8 RB and 4 whites supposedly a 20k color,I wonder if it'd be sufficient enough for my setup ;)

Nanofreak79
Yessss,this is going to be awesome !!! This light is going to be bad arse for what it is.

Have you ever heard of Evolution LED ? They have a "par" bulb that has 1 watt leds I believe it's 8 RB and 4 whites supposedly a 20k color,I wonder if it'd be sufficient enough for my setup ;)

I would think so. Your tank is pretty small as well.

Yeah. It really is,I finished cutting everything last night and did a mock up and everything is looking good. Some edges need to be sanded down with sand paper or the belt sander at work. Then it's weld on 16 and she's done !!

YOU PRACTISE BONSAI... This is the wrong site for this but teach me your ways lol

Me too!!

Sounds like a great LED build in the works.

Nanofreak79

YOU PRACTISE BONSAI... This is the wrong site for this but teach me your ways lol

Yes, killed my first few. I'll try and post some pics of the other one I have too, after I repot the thing. It's really helped me using a fertilizer supplement, as well as babying the crap out of them. I have quite a few plants, but my bonsais are close to my heart. There kind of like reef tanks......if you constantly watch and worry, things seem to go south. I know that seems strange, as I said baby, but too much messing around, such as trimming and moving the wires for directing growth seem to piss mine off.

I've also taken a class at the zoo near me. People there are pretty geeked out about it, where I just enjoy them, but not as much as reefing!There is usually a society or class you should be able to join or go to in order to get some pointers.

Soil needs to have a constant moisture content. You fail that part, and it's dead IME, anyway.

LEDs should be here Friday or Saturday. I have some pieces I can move over from my main display to add some life, finally!

Reefkid88Exciting, I love diy projects. I might do my own actinic supplements for my main tank and other z and p build. Good luck!

Me too!! Sounds like a great LED build in the works.
Thanks! Simple, yet fun to do.
Legendary Corals

Flame algae and some choice zoas. Sounds like an epic pico.

funny how we are all starting picos at the same time

Well dang... I want to start one too... All the cool kids are doing it.

I meannnnnn you might as well just throw some zoa and Paly's from your other tank in thurrr !!

Flame algae and some choice zoas. Sounds like an epic pico.

Well dang... I want to start one too... All the cool kids are doing it.

Hey,join the club. There should be one rule lol it's gotta be 1 gallon or smaller ;)
Nanofreak79
Flame algae and some choice zoas. Sounds like an epic pico.Well dang... I want to start one too... All the cool kids are doing it.
You should, I'm sure it would be an epic zoa/paly tank......

I meannnnnn you might as well just throw some zoa and Paly's from your other tank in thurrr !! Hey,join the club. There should be one rule lol it's gotta be 1 gallon or smaller ;)
Yes, less than a gallon.

I was hooked on your Z&P build then I stumble on this. Man I have been eyeing this about 3g I have sitting here maybe this is the motivation I needed.

Nanofreak79
I was hooked on your Z&P build then I stumble on this. Man I have been eyeing this about 3g I have sitting here maybe this is the motivation I needed.

Thanks for checking them out. I know I get inspiration from other threads as well. It's always a good time to start another tank :)

I have one of those that is just about done cycling. I love the shape and the fact that it is so small, but it is a pain to scape. Had to take a hammer to the rock to get something decent. Made me quickly reconsider cubes for a larger tank, thay are just way too awkward to set up without cluttering or leaving way too much empty space at the top.

I was just going to throw a screw in 50/50 CFL over it (6500K for right now), but you have me reconsidering LED for it. That is pretty cheap. What are you using for a power supply?

What are you using for a heater? I think I'm going to have to throw a cheap (<$20) two channel temp controller on it to keep it from cooking once the weather starts warming up. I'm also going to have to build a small chiller with a thermoelectric chiller and some computer liquid cooling components. This thing will cook in a hurry. 7.5W heater gets it up to 82* with the room at 68*.

I thought I would have a cheap fun little tank up and running for under $30, I'm well on my way to $150-200 on this thing before corals start going in.

Nanofreak79
I have one of those that is just about done cycling. I love the shape and the fact that it is so small, but it is a pain to scape. Had to take a hammer to the rock to get something decent. Made me quickly reconsider cubes for a larger tank, thay are just way too awkward to set up without cluttering or leaving way too much empty space at the top. I was just going to throw a screw in 50/50 CFL over it (6500K for right now), but you have me reconsidering LED for it. That is pretty cheap. What are you using for a power supply? What are you using for a heater? I think I'm going to have to throw a cheap (<$20) two channel temp controller on it to keep it from cooking once the weather starts warming up. I'm also going to have to build a small chiller with a thermoelectric chiller and some computer liquid cooling components. This thing will cook in a hurry. 7.5W heater gets it up to 82* with the room at 68*. I thought I would have a cheap fun little tank up and running for under $30, I'm well on my way to $150-200 on this thing before corals start going in.
Power supply is a moonlight driver from rapid led. It runs four LEDs at 350ma. I just removed my 10 watt heater, and need a 5 watt. The 10 watt had my temps at 82*. I will most likely try and get a RKL to run the tank.

Let there be light! Soldering gun was a little rusty, had to sand the tip a bit, as the solder wasn't flowing good. I was all wtf, why is this balling up, but easy fix. The look is a nice, crisp, 14K look. I'm really happy with the turnout. Enjoy!http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps4b020a83.jpg.html'>image_zps4b020a83.jpghttp://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps83b45da8.jpg.html'>image_zps83b45da8.jpg

Oh f'n awesome dude !!! I'm stoked for you,that light is awesome,looking good !! When are you adding some frags ? I think it's deep blue sea who makes it,but there is a "betta heater" and I do believe it's only 3-5w should heat a tank out size decently without worrying about overheating the water.

I actually just found a possible heatsink/fan combo today a work,hopefully it's big enough ?!

Deep Blue Professional is the company. They make a 7.5W Betta Stik. I have the 30W and 15W versions, they all come in the same package. Maybe 3/8" diameter by 3.5 inches; pretty unobtrusive. But, like all other heaters in that class, they are always on. It is near impossible to find anything under 25W that is adjustable. The ones under 50W that are adjustable are typically more expensive than the 200W versions.

I missed that on the first page where you said you were using the moonlight driver. That light is looking pretty good. How blue is that in real life?

Nanofreak79

The light is not very blue, but 14k maybe? I'll try and edit pics later for a more real appearance. I just put my heater on a timer, every two hours on. If that doesn't work, I'll probably see if it's the power head causing heat.....might be enough for it to stay warm.

Deep Blue Professional is the company. They make a 7.5W Betta Stik. I have the 30W and 15W versions, they all come in the same package. Maybe 3/8" diameter by 3.5 inches; pretty unobtrusive. But, like all other heaters in that class, they are always on. It is near impossible to find anything under 25W that is adjustable. The ones under 50W that are adjustable are typically more expensive than the 200W versions.

I missed that on the first page where you said you were using the moonlight driver. That light is looking pretty good. How blue is that in real life?

Yeah I think the smallest adjustable heater is the Hydor Theo right ? Yeah the betta heater is super small. I think it'll fit in a AC50,hopefully it does lol and I have. Few timers if needed. My girlfriends room stays on the warmer side which I hate but the tank will love it.

The light is not very blue, but 14k maybe? I'll try and edit pics later for a more real appearance. I just put my heater on a timer, every two hours on. If that doesn't work, I'll probably see if it's the power head causing heat.....might be enough for it to stay warm.

I didn't even think of that,the powerhead may just keep it warm enough. If not,the timer will work perfect just keep a eye on the temps and mess with the intervals of on/off.

Cameron6796

I've read so much like for one month left NR but I didn't take the leap... I want to talk to people first im kinda scared

Nanofreak79

The thing I went to basically you sat down, and got a tree of your choice, then they school you. That was at the zoo.

Amazon has some cheap ones?

Archived