inTank Media Baskets

Nanofreaks >1 of softness

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

So, I've had this 6x6x6" cube up and running with no sand, just rock for 2 months and no lighting while cycling. I just added sand and changed the filtration from a palm filter to a small power head for flow, as well as keeping the 10 watt heater. The light is DIY, as well as the battery operated ATO system. My plan is just softies, and maybe some of my dragons breath for macro goodness.

Started: March 16th

FTS: March 22nd.

image_zps1c4a3582.jpg

Obviously it's not much to look at right now, but given a little time I hope to have a nice, small pico system.

Salt: RSCP, 100% weekly changes after heavy feeding.

Filtration: live rock.

Circulation: stock fluval 2 gallon pump with flow nozzle adaptor.

Heater: aqueon 10 watt.

Lighting: DIY 4 led system driven by moonlight driver. 2RB, 1V, 1NW driven at 350ma. LEDs on order from rapid. Until then it's lit by plant bulbs, near the tank.

ATO: battery operated air pump and float switch.

Inverts: still need to buy....possibly a Pom Pom or just some sexy shrimp.

Coral: still need to add....shrooms, Xenia , Kenya tree, zoas and paly's and any impulse purchase I may come across.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
Sweet little tank! I like it a lot :D. Following :happydance:.

Awesome!!! And thank you, I promise to add a little life soon....boring is the beginning!

Nanofreak79

Just the aluminum block is there, waiting on the LEDs coming this week! Ordered tonight. 2RB, 1V, 1NW.....hope it looks ok?

Edit: ordered thermal pads too, cause I'm not gonna wait on da adhesive to cure up.

Nanofreak79
B) add a mp10 to it and see how it looks

Yeah right, no space, plus I'd look like a d bag for it. LOL! Things like .89 gallons minus rock and sand

Yeah right, no space, plus I'd look like a d bag for it. LOL! Things like .89 gallons minus rock and sand

was hopping to see a tornado lol

I've got the same tank at work. They were center pieces for a wedding. I showed up to late and all the leftovers were take. I'm hoping the office betta leaves soon so I can swipe his tank.

Nanofreak79

I've got the same tank at work. They were center pieces for a wedding. I showed up to late and all the leftovers were take. I'm hoping the office betta leaves soon so I can swipe his tank.

Funny because there was a betta in there before I started cycling a few months ago. There's always the toilet?

Edit: mine died of natural causes, he hated his life in a little tank. IDK if they come from rice patties, he looked miserable in there :(

Funny because there was a betta in there before I started cycling a few months ago. There's always the toilet?

Edit: mine died of natural causes, he hated his life in a little tank. IDK if they come from rice patties, he looked miserable in there :(

guess what was in my evo4

B) yup a betta i moved him to a glass vase

I was going to say I hope he dies soon but felt tha was insensitive. Lol. Another guy I work with already brought home 2 of te Berta's the managers weren't taking care of so I'm hoping he decides to bring this one home. Btw, how the #### do you have trouble taking care of a betta?

I was going to say I hope he dies soon but felt tha was insensitive. Lol. Another guy I work with already brought home 2 of te Berta's the managers weren't taking care of so I'm hoping he decides to bring this one home. Btw, how the #### do you have trouble taking care of a betta?

dont feed it or not do water changes are the only way

Nanofreak79
Idk, dude was all eating NLS pellets and happy, then dead the next day. I blame it on Petco. He did last about 4 months, too bad cause he was a beautiful fish.....R.I.P. Chomps :(

Oh, bty, speaking of dead fish. My bi color blenny that was in my 34 was in my mp10 during feeding and didn't make it out after feed mode. Since I stopped naming my fish, I haven't had jumpers or dead ones.

Idk, dude was all eating NLS pellets and happy, then dead the next day. I blame it on Petco. He did last about 4 months, too bad cause he was a beautiful fish.....R.I.P. Chomps :(

Oh, bty, speaking of dead fish. My bi color blenny that was in my 34 was in my mp10 during feeding and didn't make it out after feed mode. Since I stopped naming my fish, I haven't had jumpers or dead ones.

lmao chomps

Idk, dude was all eating NLS pellets and happy, then dead the next day. I blame it on Petco. He did last about 4 months, too bad cause he was a beautiful fish.....R.I.P. Chomps :(Oh, bty, speaking of dead fish. My bi color blenny that was in my 34 was in my mp10 during feeding and didn't make it out after feed mode. Since I stopped naming my fish, I haven't had jumpers or dead ones.

My clownfish is the only thing in my tank that I've named that hasn't died. He seems to have mange though. Lmao. His fins rot, go back to normal for a few months, rot, go back to normal, etc. all other fish have never had an issue. His dorsal has areas turning white right now. His anal fin rotted off about a year ago and never grew back.

Nanofreak79
My clownfish is the only thing in my tank that I've named that hasn't died. He seems to have mange though. Lmao. His fins rot, go back to normal for a few months, rot, go back to normal, etc. all other fish have never had an issue. His dorsal has areas turning white right now. His anal fin rotted off about a year ago and never grew back.

Laughing, can't type....

pics or it didn't happen :)

Archived