Pod Your Reef

More Lumia 5.2 with PAR

donb

Well, better late than never I guess :)

I just put a single Lumia 5.2 over my tank, 72x18x28 (150G). Knowing absolutely nothing about LED I just kinda did what I did with a lot of input from Milad, Jedimaster and threads on this forum. It's on a Makers 12", 5 Mean Well LDDH on a 5 up (3x700, 2x1000), LEDGroupBuy 180W, and the StormX controller all 5 channels at 4095. The meter is an Apogee Quantum Flux (MQ-200) Anyway, here are the numbers I got with the Lumia 4" off the water.

0" 1200

6" 405

12" 215

18" 138

20" 78

All taken directly under the Lumia down the column of water with pumps on. I still have Halides over 2 sections of the tank so will update later with the readings from those using the same meter.

Now my next consideration is a second Lumia or some custom stars to supplement this one. My goal is mostly LPS with maybe some SPS on the less demanding care list mixed in.

FWI to my eye, the pics here are a very accurate rendition of the actual color.

No pics

This is over the left section of a 72" glass tank and as I am rebuilding, that area is ......... empty :lol: So at the time the pictures seemed overkill.

I can take some pics and make some drawings but it seemed kinda over kill. I have taken the meter back to the LFS but will get a picture of it. My 7 year old 10M pixel Olympus would not give very good quality and I am not too good at 'touching up' pictures :blush:

I will try to get my daughter's Cannon and update in the next couple days.

Archived