Top Shelf Aquatics

Apex Fusion

gsgentry

They are limiting the number of registrants each day. Yesterday was full. Apparently today is already, too!

How do you guys like it and what can you tell us about the functionality? If it meas I can monitor my tank when away from the house but I don't have to set up a static IP address I'm interested!

You never had to set up a static IP address. You just need to use a dynamic DNS service like DynDNS.

True. To me that was a bridge too far! Too much going on already. I ended up buying the display for my Apex so it would sound and alarm in the house so other family members would be aware of any issues if I was away. Me getting the emails and texts was ok but didn't always work if I was without cell service or on a flight.

You never had to set up a static IP address. You just need to use a dynamic DNS service like DynDNS.

Or if your like me, Comcast wouldn't dare to change my WAN IP address. lol

I've been using Fusion or a while now, and it's nice but not ready. The huge benefit for Fusion is that anybody can control their Apex online, without really setting anything up. Aside from that and a few pretty looking graphs, I haven't seen any thing new or cool using Fusion.

I've had a few crashes initially requiring firmware reloads, but since then its been pretty smooth. There are a number of bug reports regarding other Apex modules you can read about on the forums. In the end all I really want is a widget that connects to either Fusion or my Apex. I'm still using the Android app which is buggy, and won't make it out of beta because I believe it's no longer maintained.

My guess about the O/S specific apps is they are going to be discontinued in favor of the web based app that is supposed to work well on mobile devices. Why maintain 3 apps when they can just maintain 1?

• 9 months later...

Reviving an older post - it seems like Fusion is up and running for everyone now.

I just switched to it yesterday and it's pretty slick. I like that you don't have to set up any IP address junk anymore. For those of us who are technically challenged, that was always a hassle.

I also like the new graphs and what seems like more control.

The real cool feature is being able to link a webcam.I might go ahead and do that.

Reviving an older post - it seems like Fusion is up and running for everyone now.

I just switched to it yesterday and it's pretty slick. I like that you don't have to set up any IP address junk anymore. For those of us who are technically challenged, that was always a hassle.

I also like the new graphs and what seems like more control.

The real cool feature is being able to link a webcam.I might go ahead and do that.

You could link to a webcam before.

I just got an Apex and fusion was easy and this controller is pretty fun.

Buying all the modules is going to be expensive though!

Fusion does make it pretty easy... The difference is that you are no longer connecting directly to the controller. Your controller is speaking to their servers and you are connecting through their web server which in itself has it's own pluses and minus.

I'm sure it's possible to still connect via the old IP address method? Just as a back up?

It is still possible. The old web interface can still do stuff fusion cant, and I use it quite often.

It is still possible. The old web interface can still do stuff fusion cant, and I use it quite often.

I agree and often I use it instead of Fusion.

And Fusion doesn't have an Android app.

I did download the iPhone app and put in my IP address, but so far fusion seems easier and quicker to check on the tank throuout the day.

May I will play around with the wed interface more.

I did download the iPhone app and put in my IP address, but so far fusion seems easier and quicker to check on the tank throuout the day.

May I will play around with the wed interface more.

I don't have an iphone so I can't speak for it but I like the Android app. And it's not just the app.... It's nice having the widget for a quick view of tank parameters rather than opening up a webpage. They need a widget that connects to fusion.

Archived