Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New! Micro-Reefs Mini Micro-Sump on Sale!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Finally finished our redesigned micro sump made in 100 percent 1/4 cast acrylic. Fllame polished edges and matching covertops for control on evaporation! With integrated drip spouts and bubble trap, this micro sump is a workhorse for any nano system wanting more power in filtration/media!

hwg229.jpg

2ennczr.jpg

VS

15ydvdx.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hmmm, may be just perfect for my MR 8g I just picked up. May have to send the wife out on an errand. :ninja:

This will rock that tank, I guarantee! Many have ordered the old glass version that was just not as clean cut as this one! With it being 100 percent cast acrylic, this sump is going to be just superior to our previous sump!

very cool man. just one size?

I will make one more size, larger than this but not too much larger? What were your thoughts? The one you are seeing up there is 12 x 6 x 7.5, perfect for small cabinets and supporting the majority of the smaller nanos on the market wanting to conceal media, ATO's etc!

OH MAN !!! If I ever decide to sump my tank,this would be absolutely perfectooo omgomgomg lol What's the price tag looking like ?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm assuming that it fed and returned by 1/2"?

Yes,

The return fits 1/2 hose, while the drain is double the size cannot remember the exact size but it fits nicely in the 3/4" bulk head.

we need a side by side of that and the old one.

This is is just taller to accomodate the new filter sock, so old sump was 6.5 in height and the new one is 7.5.

This is is just taller to accomodate the new filter sock, so old sump was 6.5 in height and the new one is 7.5.

I just want to see how much cleaner the acrylic one is side by side ot the glass one.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

mike, if the sock clogs won't that overlfow? I don't see any secondary path for water if the sock is clogged..

NOPE,

The one I run on my system has never been changed and it's dirty black and the water exist from the sides where water is finding a way out, the bottom is caked on dirty.

I have had mine running for 6 months without cleaning it.. YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT!

Any responsible reefer like myself would remove that sock at the slightest notice of it backing up clogged and have it cleaned (I ran this as a test, I did it to simulate the worse scenerio)

In fact I will be seliling extra socks on my site for this unit. (This was a test, I did to simulate the worse scenerio)

The tube drain is a tight seal where if it did back up it would happen in your tank, not your floor.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Man this thing is sick. Really makes me want to get into a nano tank!!!

You should see it in person! :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Did you size it with a particular skimmer in mind?

This build was to replace actually the Refugium based glass model, so a skimmer was not choosen. If I made a sump version it would be the same dimensions only much tallker to ensure a skimmer.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love to get more info on this as well. Such a shame he doesn't have the time to knock out a couple of these every week. Any idea when he is coming back?

Read the link above, it's inly 2 pages.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hang in there guys, my court hearing is on the 24th of this Month! I am going in as the Plaintiff and suing the entity that has kept me from operations for far too long!

Archived