Pod Your Reef

Dylan's Corner of Relaxation- New Update

Dylan.N

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the small island big island scape you have going on,it looks really good man. But boy,that light is super purple aye ?

It's the iPhone lol. It's very blue.

My roommate made a video review of his. Might be able to get a better idea of the color by watching.

Yeah the camera on the iPhone is.. lets say not the best. I have the 4s and when I take pictures of my light with the HDR on it goes crazy and goes super purple lol.

home from my trip. there was an explosion of pods and a good amount of algae on the sand and glass. think i'll start my clean up crew tomorrow and maybe a $5 frag. also need to do a water change.

Sooooo.... about that one $5 frag...

frags_zps71db5daf.jpg

I couldn't help myself. It was buy 2 get 1 frags and 20% off corals. Also got some snails and red leg hermits.

Nanofreak79

3rd pic looks like Mohawks? Hard to tell. If there a glittery gold color, it's probably correct. Nice grabs today! Make sure to post up some pics in the tank.

Nice looking stuff. I like your rock work. Good to see another Orlando reefer on here. I shop mostly at Living Reef too! Just picked up some new stuff yesterday. Where did you get these frags, I don't recognize them from anything Living Reef has had in stock lately.

Thanks guys! Got everything from Top Shelf. They had their sale this weekend but I was out of state. I went in and asked if they'd honor the sale for me and they said no problem. Great guys. They will be getting a lot of my business.

Oh nice !!! I was just in there probably 2 weeks ago. They had a sexy orange chalice frag for $5 I'm sure it's gone now lol.

I've been meaning to check out Top Shelf. I was gonna go in there yesterday but they don't carry the salt I wanted so I ended up at Living Reef instead. Sounds like it would be worth stopping in there sometime.

Maybe try turning the blues down a little,but not all the way and just leave the whites kind of turned up. That should help. iPhones have iffy cameras,mine turns my blue leds straaaaaight purple.

I got lucky with the "mohawk" zoa frag. I was able to get the main cluster that was growing on the live rock off of the frag, but there are 2 nice heads left on the frag. So I am letting them grow a little and will hopefully trade them in for a new frag.

Also, turned the whites all the way up for these pics.

10005904_776683082343662_1426950572_o.jp

1397663_776683032343667_95897506_o.jpg

1016025_776683002343670_487157739_o.jpg

1796093_776682989010338_123188581_o.jpg

And here's the frag I was talking about

1890474_776682965677007_950556886_o.jpg

I think trading the mohawks will be the only thing I do before reef-a-palooza lol. Maybe other than some fish. I don't know. I have the bug now.

Archived