Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tunze Nano ATO Product Review

Marine Depot

Marine Depot

does the Tunze Nano osmolator 3152 comes with the 5017 controller as shown?

thanks

I don't think so. It looks like they posted pictures of the 3155.

keithfullermusic

the only issue i had with mine was a stupid asterina starfish climbed into into the sensor causing it fill up a bunch, but it didn't really affect the salinity too much. just keep as eye out for stupid little critters trying to destroy everything.

Marine Depot

does the Tunze Nano osmolator 3152 comes with the 5017 controller as shown?

thanks

Sorry, I mistakenly posted the wrong photo from Tunze's website. I updated the blog post as well as the images displayed in this thread. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I certainly apologize for the confusion. :wacko:

Jeff @ MD

bonsaidarrell

I installed this on the new tank I'm setting up, and found that the pump would shut off after a very short, rending amount of time (around 5-10 seconds). Eventually this was too short to top up, and I would have to power cycle the unit to get it going again. It sounded a bit like the problem you encountered, so I spaced the magnet away from the sensor with a 1/4" piece of neoprene (the sensor was in my 10 gallon sump, so very thin glass). So far that seems to have solved the problem, I was just about to contact Tunze.

Marine Depot

I installed this on the new tank I'm setting up, and found that the pump would shut off after a very short, rending amount of time (around 5-10 seconds). Eventually this was too short to top up, and I would have to power cycle the unit to get it going again. It sounded a bit like the problem you encountered, so I spaced the magnet away from the sensor with a 1/4" piece of neoprene (the sensor was in my 10 gallon sump, so very thin glass). So far that seems to have solved the problem, I was just about to contact Tunze.

Thank you for reading and chiming in, bonsaidarrell! :bowdown: Glad to hear that the problem is (likely) resolved.

• 3 weeks later...
bonsaidarrell

Well, adding some space between the magnet and sensor didn't resolve my problem, so I contacted Tunze. They believe the pump was the problem, and promptly shipped me a replacement. So far, that seems to have solved the problem.

Marine Depot

Well, adding some space between the magnet and sensor didn't resolve my problem, so I contacted Tunze. They believe the pump was the problem, and promptly shipped me a replacement. So far, that seems to have solved the problem.

Glad to hear they helped you get things squared away! :D Thank you for following up.

Archived