SaltCritters.com

Help, ich! No QT

nickpop86

• 2 weeks later...
Jeradmccarty

Ok now I know that there going to be mixed feelings on this but I have two clownfish with ick as well, I actually helped mine out this morning and i have done it before with a pair of maroon clowns that used to have a long while back. So what you need to do is to give them one at a time a freshwater bath, get some RO or DI water in a larg piece of Tupperware and put and air stone in there on high and a heater to get it to the same temp as your tank, if you can Ty to match the PH in the rodi water as your tank but not totally necessary to do, once the conditions are right corall your clowns one at a time and put them in the fresh water like I said one at a time and leave them in there for about 4-5 minutes, start a timer so you don't #### it up. Now also don't let the fish fool you they play dead in the freshwater but it will be perfectly fine you can nudge them and they will move, at the end of the 5 minutes take them out and put them back in the normal tank and turn off your power heads because they will probably be a little woosy for about and hour to two hours and let them chill. Once you have finished the fresh water baths I would go to your local fish store and buy some of Kent's garlic extreme and feed them food soaked in that for a few days and there immune system should boost and hopefully kill off any ich they might have in there gills that the fresh bath didn't kill off. If they still have ich after that then you need more drastic measures or prey to the fish gods that they end up surviving and that you won't have to fork out a shit ton more money for another pair of clowns.

That's 4 to 5 minutes not 45 minutes I hope I corrected that lol

I did this to my clowns this morning and he is now perked up and finally eating after not eating for about 3-4 days, still only eating very little but eating non the less

Archived