SaltCritters.com

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First awesome thread, very nice pics. Second, how does one go about getting the details for the secret supplier?

Thanks <3

Theres no secret lol depending on what you want you can just make an account with them and have it shipped your way :) as long as you have a business license or contact me and we can work something out lol

Could be worse LOL

true lmao

Lets start off slow :)

15086564678_6632cb913d_c.jpg

15086376979_a54bcfa1b3_c.jpg

And slowly work ourselves up

15250125076_064915f6bc_c.jpg

Jawbreaker because why not

15086561218_76bbab5bb5_c.jpg

Has a little red splotch and some orange coming in as well

15272734202_7d95deb07b_c.jpg

And ya know, the goodiest goods

15086562558_72e9932d69_c.jpg

15086556827_4610dc5253_c.jpg

btw this isnt even a quarter of the box but the rest is lower end BUT STILL LOOK AT THESE BABIES

Holy crap that is some B-A stuff you got there. Is it for sale :)

I may put some up, there is a new tank coming my way in the future :)

Haven't decided what I'll do with the chalices

I like the goodiest goods.... very nice

The goodiest goods are gonna be growinggggg

I want that last one

Pretty right? Gotta let it chill for a little but you should see this thing under actinics.... freaking crazyyyyy

True... you must be rich or have some nice friends with all the awesome frags in ur tank....

I'm a compulsive shopper with good friends. It works out great for me but bad for my pockets haha

I'm too cheap to get all the goodies in this hobby.... I havent been active on here for a long time but am getting my 20 gallon in order and will be updating my stuffs.... Only tank running now... standard 20H with a Kessil, recovering from a hair algae outbreak... fun....

I'm too cheap to get all the goodies in this hobby.... I havent been active on here for a long time but am getting my 20 gallon in order and will be updating my stuffs.... Only tank running now... standard 20H with a Kessil, recovering from a hair algae outbreak... fun....

Don't worry, I'm as cheap as they come. I literally wait on sales to happen before I even go near a coral or surprisingly, if you send people a message asking if they can go a little lower they usually will lol

Post some pictures! You have a tank thread?

Yeah I will be starting a new tank thread sometime soon, nothing too exciting to see... my MB 7 is long gone but have gone to a 20H with a CPR fuge and a kessil... as I said recovering from an algae outbreak and its going good. Have no fish in the tank right now either... Some zoas, shrooms maybe an acan survived and GSP that was a hitchiker on some LR... its on an island and out of control... will spread to everything and anything. (debating on back wall of the tank but not sure....)

Yes I like the dot dot dots............ :-)

Yeah I will be starting a new tank thread sometime soon, nothing too exciting to see... my MB 7 is long gone but have gone to a 20H with a CPR fuge and a kessil... as I said recovering from an algae outbreak and its going good. Have no fish in the tank right now either... Some zoas, shrooms maybe an acan survived and GSP that was a hitchiker on some LR... its on an island and out of control... will spread to everything and anything. (debating on back wall of the tank but not sure....)

Yes I like the dot dot dots............ :-)

Well I'd like to check it out. What I did when I had horrible hair algae was borrow a Kole tang and he got rid of it all. Obviously you want to fix the issue causing this first though, maybe a new CUC?

ever had any issues with palytoxins? I'm in love with zoas but have read some articles online that scare the beegeezus out of me...

I've had two "issues" with palytoxin but they were both my fault and nothing realllllyyyy bad.

1. I was fragging something, not wearing gloves and I cut through the zoa and into my finger. Results: Wound took 2 weeks to heal which is crazy slow compared to how I usually heal.

2. I got some zoa juice in my eye and it was swollen for a day.

In my experience the only ones you need to watch out for are the palys that look hideous(they have the most palytoxin IMO) and it can get into you if you frag and are inhaling all the scents(but I think I'm the only moron that sticks her face right up to things that are being fragged). You also need to watch out for palys in the Nuke green, purple death families as they are also higher in toxins. This is of course not any scientific info its just stuff I've realized after years of having zoas.

Also, you have to be an idiot to hurt yourself with zoas(I'm including myself under that definition lol) as long as you practice basic "lab" safety you'll be fine. Nothing to worry about at all.

Nice selections!!!! I like chalices but they are too slow for me and the ones I would like cost too much for a "dot" on a frag plug.

Well these are

SC SEXY MONSTER

ORANGE RIND

RIMLESS RAINBOW

RIMLESS RAINBOW

SC FLASH BOMB

WWC VOODOO

CHERRY CORALS NO NAME

PZ DISCO INFERNO

( sorry for the caps, I just copy pasted)

Lmao you got me

Fast-forward to 2019... Paandemonium has a new Zoa aquaculture business thats bigger than ORA.

Reef Savvy has some cool stuff(notably the ghost overflow) but its not worth it to me to waste my time on someone that doesn't bother replying to their emails. They wanted something like $700 for my current tank +more for the stand and it took me over a month to even get that price. It was ridiculous its not like sending out a quick email takes that long. I would have understood if instead of basically ignoring customers they would just send out a quote, an amount down and tell you that it would take X amount of time to get it done. They have serious growth pains in the customer service department and they are like 20 min from my house. I think its been like this ever since they were featured in a show or youtube video or something in the last couple years.

The email quote system does take ages for them to get back to you. However, if you call them they normally give you a number on the phone in a couple minutes. Not cheap, but their tanks are the only ones I've seen I would consider "perfect".

Archived