Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah a while ago, it was getting to be too much for me :(

Close but no cigar

Ding ding ding, I'm using some aspects from the volcano tank but this thing is gonna be rigged to be freaking awesomeeeeeeee(all inclusive Clayalaleona DIYing)

Btw, any saltwater moss type things?

I can think of a few. Obviously mangroves, but here are two more possibilities.

Sea Purslane being a fairly easy one to acquire if it grows down in Florida along the cost. Its not overly moss like but it will grow in mats. I suspect with enough trimming you could get it to be quite dense.

Java Moss Can handle fairly heavy brackish, as well as being out of the water completely, so long as it stays moist. I don't know how it would do in a marine tank if it was under water or if the salt was allowed to build up to heavily on the moss. But you could try to slowly acclimate it to staying damp by salt water draining through it. With the occasional washing off with RO like you do with Mangroves.

Paandemonium

Sweet, I'm guessing they are local? Never heard of them..... rimless, starfire, whats up?? :) lol

They're sort of local, they rock though totally awesome to work with. Rimless affffffff <3

+Followed. Loving this idea.

Edit: Also, dammit, why you gotta give me ideas at 12:40 AM?!

Hahaha I actually committed to the idea at this time so yeah I'll put them out there for everyone! (at midnight)
Paandemonium

I can think of a few. Obviously mangroves, but here are two more possibilities.

Sea Purslane being a fairly easy one to acquire if it grows down in Florida along the cost. Its not overly moss like but it will grow in mats. I suspect with enough trimming you could get it to be quite dense.

Java Moss Can handle fairly heavy brackish, as well as being out of the water completely, so long as it stays moist. I don't know how it would do in a marine tank if it was under water or if the salt was allowed to build up to heavily on the moss. But you could try to slowly acclimate it to staying damp by salt water draining through it. With the occasional washing off with RO like you do with Mangroves.

I think I may just end up doing mangroves(although they wod be like my last option) I need something green on the outside.

Should I use the black pond foam or the white/ beige one?

lurking........

Creepy along my dear <3

Paandemonium

Following.

Supernova nem? I must have missed this. Any pics?

Woohoo!

Name I gave to my nem when I first got it :) it just stuck

Paandemonium

This sounds adventurous! Can't wait to see it finished :).

Buying pond foam tomorrow, haven't decided on which color to get though

36x24 would be better if you're going custom. .. just sayin'.

I'm using the 40 B stand though, reinforcing it but keeping it

Buying pond foam tomorrow, haven't decided on which color to get though

I'm using the 40 B stand though, reinforcing it but keeping it

Lame, not that I'm judging you or anything.

:grouphug: (talking mess) blah blah blah.. oh she thinks she's the shit! lol

Just kidding !!

Can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with.

I'm gonna be stalking this tread like a :ninja:

Pretty sure you want the black foam from the research on it I did like 5 years ago when I was considering it....... the others break down more from lighting allegedly.....allegedly.

Ryan does very good work. Youll be very pleased with that tank for sure. He does tons of works for breeders ect here in Tampa and always has great quality.

Paandemonium

:grouphug: (talking mess) blah blah blah.. oh she thinks she's the shit! lol

Just kidding !!

Can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with.

I'm gonna be stalking this tread like a :ninja:

You do that sassy pants :) can't wait to start this

Pretty sure you want the black foam from the research on it I did like 5 years ago when I was considering it....... the others break down more from lighting allegedly.....allegedly.

Thanks for the advice if anything I'll add some purple to it(more than likely won't be happening)

Sea Beans are green too, they grow in a salty environment. Plus you can harvest them for pickling and other uses.

Paandemonium

Ryan does very good work. Youll be very pleased with that tank for sure. He does tons of works for breeders ect here in Tampa and always has great quality.

So I've been told by a couple of guys already :)

Sea Beans are green too, they grow in a salty environment. Plus you can harvest them for pickling and other uses.

Hmmmm I'll look into those

Archived