Top Shelf Aquatics

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

Loving the tank. Hows the acrylic making going ?

Thanks bro! I've been working on a few products to be standardized with a few custom orders in between, one will be very exciting for new reefers :) stay tuned for updates...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My dendro last night after 40% WC...I've never seen it like this before!!! loving it even more now...so dramatic!!!

PS. Off-topic...anyone here into photography?

20118046525_7115393335_z.jpg

Beautiful tank, and I love your dendro :wub:

My dendro is one of my favorite corals in my little 4g tank. Your picture really turned out great. You've inspired me to try for a better macro shot of mine using my cell phone camera :)

• Like 2

Beautiful tank, and I love your dendro :wub:

My dendro is one of my favorite corals in my little 4g tank. Your picture really turned out great. You've inspired me to try for a better macro shot of mine using my cell phone camera :)

Thanks bro!! It looks like that every night after lights off for an hour or two, even better after a water change, had to turn it back on and quickly snap the photo. Made me want to eat it some time, looks jelly-ish...haha :)

Phone photos is way underrated, it could be great if you know how to use it (focus and exposure adjustment), also adjust your tank light spectrum so that it doesn't come out that ugly blue hue.

• Like 1

Super awesome tank, very nice job! i checked out some of your acrylic work too and ive got to say...its amazing.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. RFA, anemone shrimp, and RBA is on my list next things to add, may be a small shrimp goby as well, can't find a place that carry all of these for a good deal yet.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow - amazing tank. I wish I had acrylic skills to make my own stuff!

Thanks man!! This tank need a light upgrade, that nano box quad deal is so tempted but can't swing it right now :(

Hi, you've done a fantastic job! can you please tell me the diameter of the inlet and output pipe of your Sump?

thak you very much!

Thanks man! they're 1/2" and 1"

Just a quick update to the tank, everything is doing quite well and corals are colorful again and growing quite well.

Love this guy! Been growing 3 more heads :), one more on the other side.

20361554013_8800848f5c_z.jpg

• Like 6

WOW nice blasto!

How is the Acrylic business doing? Any particularly odd/difficult requests?

Thanks man, this guy looks half-dead when I messed up the tank parameters a few months back but he's very tough and bounced back and grew 3 more heads, so tank must be doing quite well.

Being going well so far, working on a custom 10G AIO tank and an ATO/Doser container at the moment, these are more on the difficult side. So far nothing is impossible unless dimensions are way too big. Thanks for asking bro! :)

yup i need one. 10.

I've been looking for a purple/rainbow one.

Hi, Can you please tell me where you have bought the white PVC pipe? Here in Italy we can only find bad grey pvc pipe... :(

thank you very much!

Home Depot and Lowes :)

Nice! Angel not picking on your corals? Tank looks awesome!

She hasn't bother any corals...knocking on woods...lol, I think it's in her nature to pick algae or pods off here and there but no harm done.

amazing...truly amazing

Thanks bro! Did you have your tank back together again?

She hasn't bother any corals...knocking on woods...lol, I think it's in her nature to pick algae or pods off here and there but no harm done.

Thanks bro! Did you have your tank back together again?

yea, its back up but i am focused on upgrade right now. but ur tank is making me want to get another nano again...haha. for sure, my next next tank will be a 12g long. the dimension is just so awesome!

• Like 1

Beautiful tank! I really like the painting above

Thank you! I spotted this painting at Sam's Club last year, I didn't even know they sell paintings at all but it was the only one so I had to grab it knowing it would be a great complement to the tank.

yea, its back up but i am focused on upgrade right now. but ur tank is making me want to get another nano again...haha. for sure, my next next tank will be a 12g long. the dimension is just so awesome!

Nice!...im following you on the upgrade. It's time to join the 12L revolution...lol :)

• Like 1