Cultivated Reef

Evolve 8 bommies ~ New fish, with beards~

spazizz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been feeding more the past few days so I can get better growth and since doing so every thing is all fluffy. Corals look awesome when they are fluffy. I picked up zoplan so I can continue feeding on a regular basis.

Thanks. I always wanted blue polyps and these are exactly what I wanted so I'm very happy with them.

The minimal idea grew on me as well. The best things are, more room for coral growth, better flow and more swimming area for fish.

Thanks! I must find some of these. Your tank looks great. The more I see the minimalistic look, the more I'm liking it

• 1 month later...

Ive been trying to figure out why only certain corals have been unhappy. It might be a new bag of salt I started using.

Only the RPEs and the red monti have been upset for 2 weeks. Every other coral has been fine though.

Where you been this is one of my favourite minimalist tanks. We need updates.

That's kinda just a practise not the vase "concept" it's just easy to do in a vase. I think it's more of a do all the maintenance for one week in a day and be done

• 2 weeks later...

I have four emerald gobies in qt. Hopefully they all will make it. I bought them as green clown gobies then upon closer inspection I learned they werent gobiodon histro. Oh well. Now i have face beard fish.

DSCI0053_zps25a56495.jpg

DSCI0059_zps9833fa0a.jpg

TheGrimReefer

Spazizz, the tanks looking great love the system! Can i ask you a random question, why you didn't use the lamp shad part of your lamp. where you afraid of over heating issues with the bulb? thanks

I believe CC recommends their par fixtures to be uncovered. They need good ventalation.

Spazizz, the tanks looking great love the system! Can i ask you a random question, why you didn't use the lamp shad part of your lamp. where you afraid of over heating issues with the bulb? thanks

Ive gotten three out of the four to eat. The fourth one is pale and uninterested in food :(

Thanks.

Those gobies look sick... wonder if they are going to eat and survive... wish you luck

I have four emerald gobies in qt. Hopefully they all will make it. I bought them as green clown gobies then upon closer inspection I learned they werent gobiodon histro. Oh well. Now i have face beard fish.

DSCI0053_zps25a56495.jpg

DSCI0059_zps9833fa0a.jpg

Awesome specimens! Now get them fattened up!

Are you sure... That's not like a flu or something lol

EBOLA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lost two gobies so far. One wouldn't eat any thing and died from unknown reasons. Hopefully the two I have left arent both males. They eat well though

Archived