Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Evolve 8 bommies ~ New fish, with beards~

spazizz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done! Looking forward to more.

Hopefully you guys liked the growth pictures, they were a lot more work than I intended.

So I was researching clown gobies and learned that when they change sexes they can go both ways. Female to male and male to female. So in the future i may get a pair of gobies. Im still trying to decide if I want yellows, greens or green banded gobies. Which ever one I choose I look forward to seeing them spawn and maybe trying to raise them. Id preferably like green banded gobies because ORA breeds them and I have rule about not buying wild fish. But greens and yellow are available all the time for cheap as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I covered up two white leds for the pic, it's very blue. I just did a water change so my sand is sparkling.

DSCI0003_zps0e990d70.jpg

DSCI0006_zpsc7e1a607.jpg

The birdsnest has put on so much growth, it grew 4 new branches and is encrusting on the live rock.

DSCI0007_zps3663865c.jpg

Poppin

DSCI0010_zpsd30209a0.jpg

Right now I only have one white led covered because I feel like looking at some thing a little more blue. Probably wont last long since I like 10-14k look.

I really want the cadlights 8g with a skimmer or the new picO 5g if I can fit a skimmer in it. It's all Ive been thinking about. Nvm about the fluval spec.

Legendary Corals

So I was researching clown gobies and learned that when they change sexes they can go both ways. Female to male and male to female. So in the future i may get a pair of gobies. Im still trying to decide if I want yellows, greens or green banded gobies. Which ever one I choose I look forward to seeing them spawn and maybe trying to raise them. Id preferably like green banded gobies because ORA breeds them and I have rule about not buying wild fish. But greens and yellow are available all the time for cheap as well.

10000000000000000+ on green banded gobies. They're freaking awesome.

They are my top choice but in 7 years Ive only seen them twice at the LFS and they were wild caught :(

10000000000000000+ on green banded gobies. They're freaking awesome.

Legendary Corals

They are my top choice but in 7 years Ive only seen them twice at the LFS and they were wild caught :(

Agh... Yeah. They probably aren't as popular as neon gobies, dottybacks, and clownfish to continue breeding them.

I bet if they were banned they would become all the rage. It's seems like every one's favorite goby is the green banded though on NR any ways..

Agh... Yeah. They probably aren't as popular as neon gobies, dottybacks, and clownfish to continue breeding them.

If you can find an lfs that deals with ORA they could order them for you . Ora has aquarium raised green banded gobies.

There is one but they don't do special orders. I tried petco since they carry ora but they said green banded gobies weren't on their list things they could order.

If you can find an lfs that deals with ORA they could order them for you . Ora has aquarium raised green banded gobies.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a water change with only IO this time, I just want to see if the corals do any thing different. I'm debating on whether or not to chuck the chalice coral, yesterday its feeder tentacles were out and they were longer then ever.

mnjkn_zps664577d1.jpg

The Elkhorn has slowed down its branch growth but it's just been growing at the base.

DSCI0008_zpsefd8b0b3.jpg

Officially the fast growing coral atm. Each branch is growing three little branches.

DSCI0006_zpsc490cd1a.jpg

Thanks. I clean my sand every water change, I do love the look of a freshly clean sand bed.

I'm jealous of your clean sand!!! Tank looks great :D

Thanks, are you referring to my aquascape style?

Nice little tank. I'd love to set up a tank laid out like this.

Thanks. I clean my sand every water change, I do love the look of a freshly clean sand bed.

Thanks, are you referring to my aquascape style?

Do you use a gravel vac or just stir it up?

I vacuum it, there is a video of exactly how I do it in post #10

Do you use a gravel vac or just stir it up?

I felt the same after looking at pictures on the google.

Yes sir!

I vacuum it, there is a video of exactly how I do it in post #10

I felt the same after looking at pictures on the google.

Derp on my part. Brilliant on yours! I need to get a wider gravel vac :D Mine is too narrow.

Archived