Pod Your Reef

Horen's SPS Dominated Tank

Horen

Hello!

This thread is dedicated to my 10 gallons SPS dominated tank. Its has be running for some weeks now. Before this one I had a Fluval Spec V and it was geting small and giving me trouble to work on her and I decided to make a upgrade.

lH7iL9g.jpg

ejG5lzT.jpg

u698YJ6.jpg

bxeRFjt.jpg

WdZia35.jpg

hOtDNVz.jpg

XaxRBnM.jpg

bhaGmDh.jpg

wsnspsQ.jpg

LIVE STOCK

FISH:

Ocellaris Clownfish (Pair)

Banggai Cardinal

Firefish

Green Banded Goby (Local Fish)

CLEANING CREW:

Blue Leg Hermits (Some)

Electric Orange Hermit

Super Tongan Nassarius Snail

CORALS:

Red Cap Montipora

Season Greeting Montipora

Acropora's

Seriatopora's

Stylophora's

Pocillopora's

Eagle Eye Zoas

Fire & Ice Zoas

Pandora Paly

Fairy Dust Paly

Radioactive Green Zoas

Candy Cane

Blastomussa

Sea Fan

EQUIPMENT

FILTRATION:

Aqueon Filter

Resun SK-300 Skimmer

Hang-On Breeding Box with Chaetomorpha (Made refugium)

ILUMINATION:

DIY LED's from RapidLed

• 4 Royal Blue
  • 2 Blue
  • 2 White

OTHER STUFF:

Hydor Koralia Nano 240

Odyssea Powerhead EX-100 (Waiting for a Hydor Koralia Nano 425)

$12 Fan from Walmart

LED Chinese Lamp for the Chaetomorpha

Full Tank shot please!

Heres the Full Tank Shot! Before someona ask, YES! Theres a Scopa Tang in my tank. Why? Its not mine its from a friend and im taking care of it.

6NiQ3xu.jpg

Heres the Full Tank Shot! Before someona ask, YES! Theres a Scopa Tang in my tank. Why? Its not mine its from a friend and im taking care of it.

6NiQ3xu.jpg

Really nice and simple, I like it.

I like the Sea Fan a lot, it really sets off the rest of your livestock.

Thank You! I really like the touch it gives to the aquarium. Im thinking in geting other Gorgonian to have a little bit of more movement.

really cool tank man. minimal scapes are awesome

Thank you man! I love the scape because it gives me plenty of room for the corals to grow, I have some frags in the sand I need to accomodate.

Just arrived today from college and notice that my Banggai was dead. :(

Well, things that happen. Tomorrow I will do a water change. Im also thinking in buying a Cleaner Shrimp, what do you think?

This morning I woke up and did a 1 gallon water change. After that I went to work at the LFS I work and started modyfing a Odyssea T5 Lamp. Replaced bulbs for two Gisemann 24w, one Actinic+ and one Lagoon Blue and added 8 LEDs from Rapid Led.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, there were taken with my iPhone.

3mh2xo7.jpg

hKjKvf9.jpg

Man this thing is awesome,Im following this one !!! I like the retro fit man,Ive thought about ordering a retro fit t5 fixture and running leds down the middle.

I have a few questions:

Have you tested to see what the par is with the leds+t5's ?

And are you dosing anything,or just relying on water changes ?

Have you thought about adding more live rock and making another island ?

That sea fan really makes the tank! Looks fantastic! Where did you pick it up? I thought those were super hard to come by because they aren't allowed to be collected anymore.

Really like the scape and coral choices/placement. Nice work!

Man this thing is awesome,Im following this one !!! I like the retro fit man,Ive thought about ordering a retro fit t5 fixture and running leds down the middle.

I have a few questions:

Have you tested to see what the par is with the leds+t5's ?

And are you dosing anything,or just relying on water changes ?

Have you thought about adding more live rock and making another island ?

I have not tested the pars of the leds plus the t5. I dose 1.5mL of Fuel twice a week and make water changes every week.

I have been thinking in adding another piece of rock of changing the one I have for a bigger one. Not sure what to do.

That sea fan really makes the tank! Looks fantastic! Where did you pick it up? I thought those were super hard to come by because they aren't allowed to be collected anymore.

Really like the scape and coral choices/placement. Nice work!

I live in Puerto Rico and walking thru the beach you can find somes that have been pulled out of the rocks by the sea. Searching on some books I have from corals of the Caribbean and Bahamas I came across the name and its a Venus Sea Fan.

Right now I am working with some Ick problems I have. Woke up a day ago and my clown pair was dead after watching them and seeing the other fish from close I found out thaf the cause of dead was Ick.

Man,sorry to hear about the clowns.. Always a bummer to have fish die.

I'm sure par is pretty good seeming you're using Giesmann bulbs with the combination of leds.

I live in Puerto Rico and walking thru the beach you can find somes that have been pulled out of the rocks by the sea. Searching on some books I have from corals of the Caribbean and Bahamas I came across the name and its a Venus Sea Fan.

Holy moley....you are so lucky! I would love to have one of those. And to be able to find them on the beach and put it in your tank just blows my mind :).

If you ever find one and want to ship it to me, feel free to pm me :). As long as it's all legal of course! :D

Holy moley....you are so lucky! I would love to have one of those. And to be able to find them on the beach and put it in your tank just blows my mind :).

If you ever find one and want to ship it to me, feel free to pm me :). As long as it's all legal of course! :D

Sure! Im thinking on going next week if I dont have to mucho work from college.

Man,sorry to hear about the clowns.. Always a bummer to have fish die.

I'm sure par is pretty good seeming you're using Giesmann bulbs with the combination of leds.

Yeah, its a bummer. I will let the tank one month without any fish to let the ick go and I have already call a friend who is a Sustainable Aquatics distributor to get a new clown pair. Thinking in Wyoming or Black Snowflake.

Im thinking in changing two Blue LEDs for Royal Blue and getting the lamp a little bit more closer to the water.

Have you started to treat the tank for ick yet ?

Also,have you decided if you're going to swap out the leds for the royal blues ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived