Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

Yes, I saw rehype's post about that as well. Ever since I switched to Long Pulse Mode on my MP10, I can tell I've got some dead spots and I don't think flow is quite a optimal as it should be, but my corals really seem to love it. I think the WP should help to fill the gaps. I'm hoping it has a one of the pulse modes is on the longer end.

I have an old Koralia 2 powerhead (600 GPH), but that thing is a beast. It's bigger than my fist, and from what I gather, the WP-10 is two to three times more powerful. I tried putting it in my tank once and it took up an insane amount of space. I removed it 30 seconds later. Hopefully the footprint of the WP will be more manageable.

I've got my MP10 running on Reef Crest mode at 100%, but the far end of my 3' long tank seems to not get quite enough flow. Why did you choose the long pulse mode? I've never tried that one. Most people seem to use Reef Crest, so I went that route. I think the WP-10 should be perfect for us to fill in the gaps from the MP10.

Yeah, I have 2 Koralia 750's that were originally on opposite ends of my tank before I upgraded to the MP10. Those things are HUGE. I just can't make myself put one of those big things back into my tank. I'm spoiled by the tiny MP10's! The WP-10 puts out even more flow at a max of 1000 gph and it looks like its not too much bigger than the MP10. I'm hoping I can put it in the back right corner of my tank without it being too noticeable. We'll see! Mine comes Tuesday. When is yours supposed to arrive?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

I've got my MP10 running on Reef Crest mode at 100%, but the far end of my 3' long tank seems to not get quite enough flow. Why did you choose the long pulse mode? I've never tried that one. Most people seem to use Reef Crest, so I went that route. I think the WP-10 should be perfect for us to fill in the gaps from the MP10.

I saw a video with a guy that had a surge setup and he noted how happy his corals were even with still periods. Seeing as how it looks more natural, I thought I'd give it a try. I was amazed to see a difference in how my BTA reacted. With RC mode and other constant flow modes it always had it's tentacles extended. When I put it on LP mode, they were suddenly bubbled up all the time. I notice they straiten out when I turn the pump off, so I think I may be on to something.

Yeah, I have 2 Koralia 750's that were originally on opposite ends of my tank before I upgraded to the MP10. Those things are HUGE. I just can't make myself put one of those big things back into my tank. I'm spoiled by the tiny MP10's! The WP-10 puts out even more flow at a max of 1000 gph and it looks like its not too much bigger than the MP10. I'm hoping I can put it in the back right corner of my tank without it being too noticeable. We'll see! Mine comes Tuesday. When is yours supposed to arrive?

I feel your pain. I really like a minimal look and who has room for giant powerheads?! Mine is scheduled to arrive on March 6th.

I saw a video with a guy that had a surge setup and he noted how happy his corals were even with still periods. Seeing as how it looks more natural, I thought I'd give it a try. I was amazed to see a difference in how my BTA reacted. With RC mode and other constant flow modes it always had it's tentacles extended. When I put it on LP mode, they were suddenly bubbled up all the time. I notice they straiten out when I turn the pump off, so I think I may be on to something.

I feel your pain. I really like a minimal look and who has room for giant powerheads?! Mine is scheduled to arrive on March 6th.

That's interesting to hear! I may have to try that with the LPS dominated tank. I know the LPS corals seem to not love the constant high flow as much as the SPS and zoanthids. Since I plan to have it LPS and nem dominated now, they may do better with that long pulse mode. I'll have to try it! I know the WP-10 has several pulse modes, so there will probably be something similar. I'll have to play with its placement and try to figure out the best setting to supplement the MP10 when I get it. Its too bad having that minimal looks means spending WAY too much money on MP10's. They are by far the sleekest powerheads on the market though. I guess you don't have Prime shipping?

Mr. Microscope

That's interesting to hear! I may have to try that with the LPS dominated tank. I know the LPS corals seem to not love the constant high flow as much as the SPS and zoanthids. Since I plan to have it LPS and nem dominated now, they may do better with that long pulse mode.

Good thought on the LPS. You're right, they really don't tolerate constant lateral flow. Long pulse just seems more like natural breathing. Also, for the first time since I got my MP10, I don't mind the sound it makes now. The 2-3 seconds on/off actually seems to put me right to sleep or I don't notice it.

I'll have to try it! I know the WP-10 has several pulse modes, so there will probably be something similar. I'll have to play with its placement and try to figure out the best setting to supplement the MP10 when I get it. Its too bad having that minimal looks means spending WAY too much money on MP10's. They are by far the sleekest powerheads on the market though. I guess you don't have Prime shipping?

Yeah, the MP really has the nicest look. Nope, no prime.

Good thought on the LPS. You're right, they really don't tolerate constant lateral flow. Long pulse just seems more like natural breathing. Also, for the first time since I got my MP10, I don't mind the sound it makes now. The 2-3 seconds on/off actually seems to put me right to sleep or I don't notice it.Yeah, the MP really has the nicest look. Nope, no prime.

Seems like good reasoning to me! I'm definitely going to give this a try on the new set-up. Seems more like natural ocean movements anyway. I dive all the time and its definitely a long pulse type movement underwater. Luckily my MP10 on the main tank is still pretty new and hasn't gotten loud yet. Also its in my living room, so a bit of noise doesn't bug me. The one on the seahorse tank however is in my bedroom, but when I replaced the bearings it got much quieter and doesn't bug me too much. I just switched that one from constant flow to reef crest, but now I may have to try long pulse in there too and see if there's a difference.

I love the colors and the dimples in the rock, make for great placement of frags in those divots/holes, etc.

Dayum that's some really colorful and good looking rock! Especially considering the delay and all. I'd be totally cool with no hitchhikers imo. Less things you have to deal with atm :) Rocks in the tank, so this tank is officially beginning :happydance: Congrats!

Dayum that's some really colorful and good looking rock! Especially considering the delay and all. I'd be totally cool with no hitchhikers imo. Less things you have to deal with atm :) Rocks in the tank, so this tank is officially beginning :happydance: Congrats!

Yep, I'm totally ok with having no hitchhikers to worry about. I just wanted some nice color on the rock and KPA definitely delivered there!

Yep, the cycle is starting. The tank is still a mess right now, but I'll finish cleaning it up, scape it, add the sand, and fill it up the rest of the way during evenings this week.

Mr. Microscope

Wow! That's a lot of color. Very nice.

I love the colors and the dimples in the rock, make for great placement of frags in those divots/holes, etc.

Yeah, good point. Especially those last two pieces. I'm looking at that last rock and thinking that hole near the bottom would be perfect in which to mount a euphyllia stalk.

Wow! That's a lot of color. Very nice.

Yeah, good point. Especially those last two pieces. I'm looking at that last rock and thinking that hole near the bottom would be perfect in which to mount a euphyllia stalk.

Yeah, I am very pleased with the rock. I'm just a bit stumped with scaping atm. I messed with it a bit last night and again tonight and just can't come up with something I like. I think I just need to wait for creativity to strike.

I just had to put mine at different angles, like putting some straight up, next to others that I left flat, to give some dimension and points of interest.

011_zps0d37eeeb.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Yeah, I am very pleased with the rock. I'm just a bit stumped with scaping atm. I messed with it a bit last night and again tonight and just can't come up with something I like. I think I just need to wait for creativity to strike.

It's really hard to aquascape with essentially round rocks. Maybe try combining it with some tonga branch or something.

Very pretty rock! My brother finally got his yesterday. It looks pretty good too. Purples and oranges. It definitely appears that it faired well even with a week in transit!!!!!

Has creativity stuck yet :D Scaping can be sooo frustrating at times. But than all the sudden you move a rock just the right way and whalaa it comes together. Hopefully your tanks are treating you well, mine kicked my a@@ today.

It's really hard to aquascape with essentially round rocks. Maybe try combining it with some tonga branch or something.

The rock they sent is a nice variety of sizes and shapes, so that's not really the issue. I'm just super picky and want to get it just right and I can't seem to build a scape I like. It'll all come together soon, I just have to be in an "artistic/creative" mood when I work on it :)

Very pretty rock! My brother finally got his yesterday. It looks pretty good too. Purples and oranges. It definitely appears that it faired well even with a week in transit!!!!!

Yep, the rock is very nice. I'm glad to hear your brother got his and its no worse for wear from the shipping delay. KPA sure has some quality stuff and it amazes me that their stuff always survives shipping delays. My last big gorg/sponge order with them got stuck an extra day but everything still showed up in amazing shape. I've never had a DOA from them or even anything that shows up looking bad.

Has creativity stuck yet :D Scaping can be sooo frustrating at times. But than all the sudden you move a rock just the right way and whalaa it comes together. Hopefully your tanks are treating you well, mine kicked my a@@ today.

Not yet! I've been busy at work and by the time I get home, I'm tired and not in the mood for tank stuff. Probably this weekend is when I'll finally do the scape. I have sooooo much going on with the tanks that I am not in a very good mood at them. They're too much work atm. I've got 4 tanks running...two of which are in the middle of my floor, ugh! I'm ready to get it all back to normal! At least everything is doing ok righ now. The corals have been making a nice recovery in the holding tank.

So, I need some input, how long can the corraline and stuff on my live rock live without a light on the tank? The main light for the tank had to be moved onto the temporary holding tank for the remaining corals, so there's no light on the tank while its cycling. I tried to hook up the little PC fixture that was originally on the seahorse tank to give the rock some light, but I'm having issues with it. One of the cooling fans won't start up, so the fixture keeps overheating and shutting off. I can get it to run for about 10 minutes before it overheats and shuts itself off. I'm going to try to mess with the cooling fan some more tonight, but I don't know if I can get that fixture up and running. I figure I've got at least 3 more weeks of cycle left and I don't want all the corraline to die. What do you guys think?

I did a bit more ebay shopping for new corals tonight! Whoops! I have a problem :lol: At least they were steals!

Neon Orange with Green Mouth Tube Anemone - $16.50

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/anemone6.jpg.html'>anemone6.jpg

Black Cherry Acan (5 heads) - $9.99

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/acan4-1.jpg.html'>acan4-1.jpg

Orange Plate Coral - $20.50

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/plate1.jpg.html'>plate1.jpg

Tiger with Blue Rim Derasa Clam - $29.56

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/clam1.jpg.html'>clam1.jpg

This is a store that's local to me, so shipping is only $25. Score! :D

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Score! Those are amazing prices.

Love that tube nem, an..well, everything you chose actually. Very nice pieces.

Hmm, I just checked out their website and it doesn't look like they have anything posted for sale. Odd.

Wow! Score! Those are amazing prices.

Love that tube nem, an..well, everything you chose actually. Very nice pieces.

Hmm, I just checked out their website and it doesn't look like they have anything posted for sale. Odd.

Yep, I was lucky no one was bidding against me tonight, so the prices didn't go much above the starting price. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but I was amazed people weren't bidding on these!

I just had to get the tube nem because I always admire HVani's but I didn't have space for one before. They're aggressive, so you have to leave a good amount of space around them. With the new set-up, I can plan that when I do my coral placement, so that the tube nem doesn't kill anything.

Aquatic Collection is super lazy about updating their actual website, but they do weekly sales through ebay. All the auctions end Friday evening though, so right now they won't have anything for sale. They'll put up all the new stuff on Monday usually. I recommend watching their auctions though because they always have some nice acans and lots of other stuff. This is an LFS I go to frequently, and its where my spiral wire corals in the seahorse tank keep coming from.

Those are all amazing and prices you couldn't beat unless you beat yourself. What a deal. Congrats.

And I was wondering if they had nice clams. Love that blue rim. Does that mean its only eyes are just around the rim? I'm still learning about clams.

Archived