Innovative Marine Aquariums

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

Oh your pics of the place look amazing, love the look of the place. But now, you talked about weight before.....I don't see what it is you're needing to lose. I've never met you in person but I think you look fabulous. Nice curves everywhere, what's there not to like? But I know we each have our own things we see in the mirror so I kinda understand.

Hey, I just talked to an old friend who said he'll send me some dive equipment. He asked me why I don't get a license because I was just posting so much to his Facebook as he just did extensive diving in Thailand, money is one of them, to just be able to go somewhere.

It was such a cool restaurant. Thanks, Annette. Honestly, its not so much about the weight as just being healthy. I haven't been eating as healthy and working out as much as I should since I started graduate school because I'm often busy and don't take the time to cook healthy things. Because of that I've gained some weight over the last few years. I just want to get back into the habit of eating healthy, and I'd like to get back down to the weight I was a few years ago. I'm definitely not one of those girls who obsesses with how I look though. I don't mind being a bit curvy, I just wanted to be healthier again. At this point I'm pretty much where I want to be, so those photos are after most of the weight loss. I'm like 3 pounds from my goal. I started back at the beginning of this year.

If you're getting some dive gear, you should definitely get certified! Its not too expensive to get certified and its a lot of fun. Travel is always hard, which is why I mostly dive locally for now, but being on the east coast, you're not too far from decent diving. There's a lot of good diving in Florida, so you could always go down there for a weekend of diving.

So cool great unique little spot.

Yeah, I didn't even know it was there until recently. Its a pretty unique restaurant experience. I'd recommend it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was such a cool restaurant. Thanks, Annette. Honestly, its not so much about the weight as just being healthy. I haven't been eating as healthy and working out as much as I should since I started graduate school because I'm often busy and don't take the time to cook healthy things. Because of that I've gained some weight over the last few years. I just want to get back into the habit of eating healthy, and I'd like to get back down to the weight I was a few years ago. I'm definitely not one of those girls who obsesses with how I look though. I don't mind being a bit curvy, I just wanted to be healthier again. At this point I'm pretty much where I want to be, so those photos are after most of the weight loss. I'm like 3 pounds from my goal. I started back at the beginning of this year.

If you're getting some dive gear, you should definitely get certified! Its not too expensive to get certified and its a lot of fun. Travel is always hard, which is why I mostly dive locally for now, but being on the east coast, you're not too far from decent diving. There's a lot of good diving in Florida, so you could always go down there for a weekend of diving.

Yeah, I didn't even know it was there until recently. Its a pretty unique restaurant experience. I'd recommend it.

Yeah, in 13 driving hours I can be in Miami, so not too bad! But I know the water off the coast of NC is just brown so nothing to see there. Flying would be expensive. I'll have to check w/ my local community college, pretty sure they have scuba diving.

Yeah, in 13 driving hours I can be in Miami, so not too bad! But I know the water off the coast of NC is just brown so nothing to see there. Flying would be expensive. I'll have to check w/ my local community college, pretty sure they have scuba diving.

That would be a good place to do the certification. I did my certification through my undergrad university.

We were kind of sharing both of them. One was called a "Zombie" and had rum, lime, grapefruit, cinnamon, and some things I'm forgetting. The other was a "Batida", which had cachaca, passion fruit, and coconut milk.

Awww...sharing :wub:. Looks like someone knows how to wine and dine...how romantic it all looks.

That restaurant sounds incredible. What's the name of it? If I'm ever in San Fran I HAVE to check it out!!!!! I assume you ordered seafood? :)

I love the windblown look there. You look so happy!!! You're beaming.

Thank so much Annette. The ferry ride is always so much fun :)

Awww...sharing :wub:. Looks like someone knows how to wine and dine...how romantic it all looks.

That restaurant sounds incredible. What's the name of it? If I'm ever in San Fran I HAVE to check it out!!!!! I assume you ordered seafood? :)

It was definitely a very fun weekend :)

The restaurant is called Forbe's Island. You should definitely check it out if you're in San Francisco. I ordered some amazing clam chowder and then I actually got the lamb lollipops because I really like lamb.

It was definitely a very fun weekend :)

The restaurant is called Forbe's Island. You should definitely check it out if you're in San Francisco. I ordered some amazing clam chowder and then I actually got the lamb lollipops because I really like lamb.

I just yelped it. "ambience: romantic" :)

Did Z get the Denver Cut Steak???? :lol:

Before I even read your post about going 'cold' I was thinking that coldwater stuff is fascinating after looking at the last few pics. Here we a go again!! exciting.

Looks like fun! I love nautical theme stuff.

It was! I love nautical themed things too so I thought it was a pretty awesome restaurant.

Before I even read your post about going 'cold' I was thinking that coldwater stuff is fascinating after looking at the last few pics. Here we a go again!! exciting.

I love Coldwater reefs. I'm always so fascinated with them when I go diving so I'm ready to finally start a Coldwater tank. Granted I think it will take me a while to get anything started since I'm busy, but it's in the works :)

Just wondering if loss of bubble tips is related to flow? I see tons in there. But what do I know..Beautiful tank

Thanks! I'd thought about that too since they do get a lot of flow but they used to be all bubbled up and I didn't change the flow. The only thing I changed to make them un-bubble was the light, so I think that's the culprit. This is a better light so it seems like more intense light makes them stop bubbling.

Here's a photo from dinner last night. Went to a super cool restaurant that is actually a houseboat that was converted into a floating island and is anchored off of Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco. The top looks like an island with sand beaches, a dock, a waterfall, and a lighthouse with amazing views of the city. The dining room is down below, so its actually below the water level. There are portholes and you can see fish swimming by as you eat. Its all decorated like a ship from the 1700's. To get to the island, you get picked up from the pier on a little ferry boat. Super cool place!

photo-19.jpg

I've been there! How's Eddie doing? Wasn't he banned?

Check out this awesome present I got! Its a 3rd Edition copy of Charles Darwin's "Coral Reefs" printed in 1897. I love antique books, so its so amazing to have an antique book by a famous scientist about coral reefs. :D

photo9-10.jpg

photo7-10.jpg

photo8-10.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo1-21.jpg

photo2-20.jpg

photo3-21.jpg

It has really cool fold out maps.

photo4-21.jpg

photo5-16.jpg

Lily had to investigate of course.

photo6-13.jpg

Thanks, David! Yes, that was taken on the ferry from San Francisco to Sausalito. I'm not planning to go to RAP since I just spent money to go to MACNA and I already have a trip to Vegas planned in October. Were you going to go?

cf94caf8a630c6b95b12f256c56cab66d196f1ae

Ok so would you guys like an actual update for once? How about some photos? :) I snapped these really quickly with my iPhone, so they're not amazing, but not too bad!

New scoly from Exotic Reef Creations at MACNA :wub:

IMG_0011.jpg

New acans from Gonzo Corals at MACNA. My photo doesn't show it, but its a pretty nice mini colony. It has like 7 big heads and a ton of little babies.

IMG_0029.jpg

Hulk acans from Gonzo Corals at MACNA. I love the teal color of these.

IMG_0006.jpg

Purple, baby blue, and green micromussas from Gonzo Corals at MACNA.

IMG_0005.jpg

Green fuzzy mushroom and the new superman mushroom from Gonzo Corals at MACNA.

IMG_0036.jpg

Some of my zoas.

IMG_0040.jpg

Tiger Derasa

IMG_0043.jpg

Hammer

IMG_0046.jpg

New bicolor frogspawn from MACNA. The purple patch isn't visible in the photo.

IMG_0048.jpg

One of my BTA's.

IMG_0054.jpg

Some rock flower anemones.

IMG_0064.jpg

Sexy shrimp and my favorite rock flower nem.

IMG_0071.jpg

And for the Lily fans...

Lily got a new present to make up for leaving her while I was at MACNA :lol: I upgraded her cat tower to a larger one and she's in heaven.

IMG_9929.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

The house on the cat tower has a little window and Lily likes to lay in there and watch me from her window.

IMG_9962.jpg

And this is how Lily feels about me doing tank stuff.

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

My Ozzy comes and rub on my leg and my butt when I'm leaning over looking in, standing on my coffee table, my butt being a bit higher lol. When he's had enough he stands up and claws my thigh doing the stretch thing..ok lets eat breakfast now :) I recognize the bored look ..

My Ozzy comes and rub on my leg and my butt when I'm leaning over looking in, standing on my coffee table, my butt being a bit higher lol. When he's had enough he stands up and claws my thigh doing the stretch thing..ok lets eat breakfast now :) I recognize the bored look ..

Cats are just so funny. They sure know how to get attention when they want it! :)

The good Eddie, not the asshole Eddie :)

Exactly!

W'oh! Your date was tall!

Ha! My date was being all secretive on the photo front. :) That dive suit sure was made for a tall person though!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I don't know how I missed the pics of the stuff you got from MACNA... or that you even went, but thats awesome, and some nice looking pieces :) I've been wanting to get to MACNA for a while, definitely on my to do list tho!

Tank looks good! I'm just on the other side of the tunnel, so if you end up fragging anything let me know.

Thanks! Will do! I haven't been fragging much since my tank is still in the grow out and fill in phase, but soon I'm going to have to start fragging zoanthids.

Wow I don't know how I missed the pics of the stuff you got from MACNA... or that you even went, but thats awesome, and some nice looking pieces :) I've been wanting to get to MACNA for a while, definitely on my to do list tho!

Glad you saw the MACNA updates :) I'm pretty happy with what I got and I didn't spend too much money, so that was good. It was a fun experience, so hopefully you can make it to one at some point.

Glad you saw the MACNA updates :) I'm pretty happy with what I got and I didn't spend too much money, so that was good. It was a fun experience, so hopefully you can make it to one at some point.

Someday for sure, I think next year is in DC... that wouldn't be horrible to possibly get away for :)

Someday for sure, I think next year is in DC... that wouldn't be horrible to possibly get away for :)

Yep, its in DC next year. I haven't been to DC since middle school, so that could be fun. I'll definitely consider it for next year as it gets closer.

Yep, its in DC next year. I haven't been to DC since middle school, so that could be fun. I'll definitely consider it for next year as it gets closer.

I've actually never been, and for whatever reason never really found much desire to go.... until now ;). I had a chance in HS to go, but it was the same weekend as a basketball tournament.... I went and played against a couple guys that ended up going pro instead :)

I've actually never been, and for whatever reason never really found much desire to go.... until now ;). I had a chance in HS to go, but it was the same weekend as a basketball tournament.... I went and played against a couple guys that ended up going pro instead :)

Yeah I went for a school field trip in middle school. I remember it being fun, but mostly because it was a bunch of middle school kids staying in hotels and running around away from the parents for a few days. I haven't had a ton of desire to go since then, but it would be fun when you add MACNA to the mix :)

Archived