ReefCleaners.org

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

New to this thread but I just got the Mr Aqua 11.4, and I agree with your opening post. The modern rimless, clear background look is just awesome.

Really nice work on the tank.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New to this thread but I just got the Mr Aqua 11.4, and I agree with your opening post. The modern rimless, clear background look is just awesome.

Really nice work on the tank.

Thanks man! I love the rimless look with a white/frost/clear background. It's such a peaceful look.

Great work and documentation!

Thrilled that the tank and stand went to such an enthusiast.

Hahah! I haven't seen you around in a while. I'm glad I picked the system up from you! ;)

Your food pictures are so tempting. Tank looks wonderful, almost 2 years old right?

Almost! Took me 2 years to finally figure out how to run a stable system *knock on wood*

I also took down my Janky DIY PVC Light Hanger that I ran over my plants, and hung the lights from the ceiling!

24141716110_da6ea2d0fb_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Nice update, tank is looking great, food is looking great and the veggie garden is looking great :).

Dankeschoen!

FTS request.

how's Reef Energy A + B doing for you??

I'll get one up by the end of this week. I can't tell if Reef A + B is doing anything positive, but definitely no negatives.

I have noticed that even with Reef A + B (at their recommended ULNS dosage), my SPS start paling out really hard at low nitrates (0.5-0.25 levels). From now on, I'm going to maintain my nitrates around 2-4ppm and dose Reef A + B at their "coral growth dosage" amounts.

Since this thread is basically a documentation of my life anyways. I'll also start making it a WAYWT thread too.

24362611932_6afd203508_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some shitty ipad top down shots.

This darling is coloring up nicely and healing up really well. Especially after that STN followed by brownout

24714029032_f0d7d950a5.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Here are some LC zoas from way back when.

24536364300_4a4010914b.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Some unknown SPS (the blue one) is doing quite well!

24805629186_e3a62bb61f.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Also, for those of you wondering. Things seem to color up for me the best @ 2-4ppm nitrates. Any lower than 1 ppm, and things begin to adopt a pale, light-brown color. Any higher, and I get a ton of algae.

Here are some shitty ipad top down shots.

This darling is coloring up nicely and healing up really well. Especially after that STN followed by brownout

24714029032_f0d7d950a5.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Here are some LC zoas from way back when.

24536364300_4a4010914b.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Some unknown SPS (the blue one) is doing quite well!

24805629186_e3a62bb61f.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Also, for those of you wondering. Things seem to color up for me the best @ 2-4ppm nitrates. Any lower than 1 ppm, and things begin to adopt a pale, light-brown color. Any higher, and I get a ton of algae.

I've been trying to get my nitrates up, so far without too much luck... SPS has decent PE, but growth and color are lacking

• 2 weeks later...

I've always admired your reef tank. It's looking great, thanks for sharing!

Thanks man!

Tank really is looking good! Maybe add a fish or two more and feed heavier?

-Dave

Thanks Dave! I think I might get 2 more fish eventually. I want to see how big these current fish end up getting though, especially since my tank is so small.

24503153944_2fca616970.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

The clowns hiding in the LPS are awesome :)

I know right! They do it all of the time!

Have you been starving yourself? Where are the food pics =P

:( Haven't had time to cook. #clinicalrotations

Archived