SaltCritters.com

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I thought at first, but it looks more green than a GARF bonsai.

Also, I've been considering upgrading my tank to the 23G Cadlight Zen Tank.

The dimensions on the website are listed as 23.75x14.5x15 inches. Does anyone know if that is LxWxH or LxHxW. I can only accommodate 14.5 inches width-wise on my stand so if the tank is 15 inches wide, it won't fit.

• 2 weeks later...

With Kat rescaping her tank and all, I think it might be time to upgrade/rescape my tank too. My Mame overflow has come in, and although I haven't installed it yet, I love how it looks.

Rescaping means that I'll have to rearrange my corals. Does anyone know how to get encrusted corals (zoas and rics) off of live rock? :/

With Kat rescaping her tank and all, I think it might be time to upgrade/rescape my tank too. My Mame overflow has come in, and although I haven't installed it yet, I love how it looks.

Rescaping means that I'll have to rearrange my corals. Does anyone know how to get encrusted corals (zoas and rics) off of live rock? :/

if you pull/scrape them off POINT them away from your face or wear glasses! A zoa squirted me in the eye and i had a swollen eye for a couple of days.

I helped a friend set up a new IM 20 Gallon this week. Here's the aquascape (iwagumi inspired) we came up with and settling on!

19337623242_3e92528fcd_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

19157541669_3d8445ff16_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

19347679461_84ca989108_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

I'm going to try to convince him to start a thread on NR.

We're definitely gonna place an SPS colony on the middle most left outcrop, and two SPS colonies on the right outcrop.

I've been playing with different coral placement ideas for my friends' IM. Here's a rough sketch of what I've come up with so far.

19233614510_df28af1405_b.jpg

I've been playing with different coral placement ideas for my friends' IM. Here's a rough sketch of what I've come up with so far.

19233614510_df28af1405_b.jpg

Looks good to me. Like a display at a good lfs.

It's still the same size as the 11G, just undrilled.

I'm going to do a new aquascape tho. Something similar to the one I made for the Nuvo 20 Fusion.

Bought a second Mame overflow b/c I'm clumsy and I've already chipped my first Mame twice trying to take it apart, despite running the tubes under hot water.

Thank goodness the chips are just cosmetic, but I think it'll be a good idea to have 2 Mame's so I can soak 1 set on vinegar for an extended amount of time for easier cleaning/non-disassembling cleaning. Plus with all these NIB mame's going for $100, why not?

Got food? :flower:

:( None that I've made!

I'm leaving for China tomorrow, and will take copious pictures of food to bring back & share with ya'll.

I'm in China right now. Yesterday, I went to a place called the Flour & Bird market. It encompassed about 5-6 blocks, and spanned 3 floors high. The aquarium/fish section of the market took up 2 entire floors; omg the amount of fish/equipment/corals was amazing. The prices were also astoundingly low. For example, I found a 50cm x 33cm x 35cm low iron aquarium, with the best silicone work I've seen (mirrors ADA tanks) for $30. Lets see if I can bring it back to the U.S. without breaking it.

Archived