Cultivated Reef

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hey Hey Heeeeeeyyyyyy So not fair! Think I must pay a visit to Legendary Corals.......

Do it! I got those during the LC liquidation sale. Got an absolutely killer deal on them. Darwin is awesome; not only is his customer service phenomenal, but he, like John Maloney, cannot count.

NIce looking tank :) Can't wait to see this one fill in.

:D Thanks Tamberav!

Placed an order with BRS

I plan on getting a new red tree sponge, 2 gorgs, a pederson shrimp and a neon goby this month. I hear sponge power does wonders for sponges :).

post-82034-0-95453200-1406887549_thumb.png

I'm missing my tank really hard right now. Fortunately, I only have 5 more days before I am reunited with it once more.

I found some old, but unused, footage of my tank, recorded over the past 4 months. In my nostalgic mood, I've decided to make a short (30 second) recap video of how my tank has developed/regressed over the past 4 months.

So ya'll. There's a chance I may be taking this tank down.

If everything works out, I may end up snagging the Elos Mini (listed in Hardware) and transfering everything over.

• 2 weeks later...

They're in this tank (15 frags in total: WOOOHOOO!). Haven't picked up the Elos Mini yet :(.

Also, I have no camera/videorecorder, nor do I have much time, so no visual updates yet.

I promise I'll scour campus and find some sort of recording device to give ya'll a well deserved update.

They're in this tank (15 frags in total: WOOOHOOO!). Haven't picked up the Elos Mini yet :(.

Also, I have no camera/videorecorder, nor do I have much time, so no visual updates yet.

I promise I'll scour campus and find some sort of recording device to give ya'll a well deserved update.

That order looks awesome looking forward to the update

I got Dave's "go ahead" to solder some lime LED stars to my current Nanobox array, without harming the light (assuming I can solder worth my life)

#Limeade here I come!

My tunze nano ATO this morning:

giphy.gif

I woke up to my tank filled to the brim (thank god it didn't overflow) and my salinity down from 1.025 to 1.022-23.

Y u do dis to me ATO? Y??

On the bright side, none of the corals seem too pissed about it.

giphy.gif

Legendary Corals

giphy.gif

I woke up to my tank filled to the brim (thank god it didn't overflow) and my salinity down from 1.025 to 1.022-23.

giphy.gif

You always have the best gifs! :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

single float switch = rediculously scary imo. honestly I dont trust my ato even though its the nano ato's big brother. I turn mine on via switch board 2 or 3 times a day. Yeh it throws off the hysteresis a bit but it beats potential flood.

I retrofitted 1 lime LED onto my nanobox mono fixture. I was originally planning on installing 2 limes to my white channel, but my white channel ran extremely dim for some reason when I wired the second lime LED into the array. The moment I took the second lime LED off, my whites ran fine again.

Now onto my thoughts of the lime LEDs.

Omg. With just 1 lime LED installed to an existing array of 13LEDs, I can immediately tell the difference. The array is less purple, more crisp, and brighter. I think I'm in love with the lime's.

Now if I could only get this second lime LED to start working....

View from my desk.

Also, +1 Red Monti Cap, and lfs also threw in a free baby Rainbow RTBA. Lets hope the RTBA doesn't decide to go on a hike and crash my tank. #Risk

Finally: bye bye ATO.

14816818449_ef026cc60e_c.jpg

Spiderguardnano

Are you using Lilly pipes to canister?

If not can you post a pic of your sump.

Tank is looking killer BTW

What are you going to school for?

Are you using Lilly pipes to canister?

If not can you post a pic of your sump.

Tank is looking killer BTW

What are you going to school for?

Thanks buddy! I'm using a canister (eheim 2211) for filtration.

I just finished my first week of med school. Boy was that an experience...

View from my desk.

Also, +1 Red Monti Cap, and lfs also threw in a free baby Rainbow RTBA. Lets hope the RTBA doesn't decide to go on a hike and crash my tank. #Risk

Finally: bye bye ATO.

https://flic.kr/p/ozj4V4'>14816818449_ef026cc60e_c.jpg

Looks super clean.

So are you just doing manual topoffs now?

Looks super clean. So are you just doing manual topoffs now?

Thanks!

After the tunze fiasco, I'm manually topping off. Plus I think it looks cleaner. Win win.

Thanks! After the tunze fiasco, I'm manually topping off. Plus I think it looks cleaner. Win win.
Fo sho much cleaner.Which tunze were you using? I always hear good things about their ATOs

Edit: you were using the tunze nano. I'm late to the party

Archived