Pod Your Reef

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

Barry, my emerald, went ballistic and cleaned my tank in like 2 days. Non-stop eating. I loved watching it. Now that there is less, just kind of sleeps all day. I wonder if the light is too much?

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry, my emerald, went ballistic and cleaned my tank in like 2 days. Non-stop eating. I loved watching it. Now that there is less, just kind of sleeps all day. I wonder if the light is too much?

That's exactly what mine did. First two days = ballistic cleaning. He pulled hair algae from my rocks, regardless of whether he found it tasty or not (aka bryopsis). Now he likes to hide a bit more; nonetheless, as long as hair algae keeps disappearing from my frags, I'll be a happy camper.

I woke up really early this morning (before my tank's sunrise), and caught my emerald running circles around the edges of my tank. It was really funny.

Thanks! I can't wait to mount all the corals in their respective places.

Fingers crossed! What exactly did you have trouble keeping stable? Salinity, nitrates, etc? This way, I can be on the lookout for fluctuating parameters too.

Salinity was one, even with an ATO it fluctuated. Also, I had a canister with the Hydor in-line heater. The smallest model was 200W so I think temp fluctuated a bit more than I would have liked. I might give it a go again at some point in the future!

Salinity was one, even with an ATO it fluctuated. Also, I had a canister with the Hydor in-line heater. The smallest model was 200W so I think temp fluctuated a bit more than I would have liked. I might give it a go again at some point in the future!

Aah! Yeah I've also noticed that my water level will change more than I like, even with my ATO. At least my corals are all happy so far...

I'm also running a hydor in-line heater, but haven't noticed too much fluctuation in my temperature.

one of my favorite builds on nano-reef. ill be watching.

what canister you have again?

:blush:

I'm running the ehiem 2211 on this tank.

P.S. FILL YO TANK UP!

this week end its gonna happen :D

I'm so stoked. Can't wait!

I was originally gonna get an ADA 60-F for this build, but then I decided to just de-rim my fluval edge and save some $$.

i have always been a fan of hammers. they seem to have the best color, but if youre looking into more lps corals duncans are really cool. super fast growing hardy corals

i have always been a fan of hammers. they seem to have the best color, but if youre looking into more lps corals duncans are really cool. super fast growing hardy corals

I love the color on hammers, however I also love the bushiness of a branching frogspawn.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards frogspawn because it has a lighter tone.

Placed an order of Branching Frogspawn and GSP on cultivated reef.

:happydance:

They are a great vendor - I have always had a great buying experience from them!

Well sheeeetballs.

I cleaned out the clear vinyl tubing which are attached to my lily pipes yesterday because they were covered in a gunky-whitish biofilm. There's a high likelyhood that that thick biofilm might have been a significant part of my biofiltration because I'm reading 0.25 ppm nitrites again.

On the bright side, I'm not detecting any ammonia and none of my corals seem too concerned about the nitrites so far.

Do ya'll ever get bored just waiting for your tank to grow in?

Maybe it's because I have no active intervebrates or fish in my tank, but I'm slightly bored with this tank. The novelty of watching corals wears off really fast...

The Frogspawn and GSP will add a little motion. The GSP will fill in really fast!

Not sure if it will work in a small tank but I have a red Linckia starfish. He's all over the place - you never know where he will be next time you walk past the tank.

Are you planning any inverts or fish?

The Frogspawn and GSP will add a little motion. The GSP will fill in really fast!

Not sure if it will work in a small tank but I have a red Linckia starfish. He's all over the place - you never know where he will be next time you walk past the tank.

Are you planning any inverts or fish?

I'm planning fish, and maybe a pom pom if I can get my hands on one.

I had ich in the tank I transfered all my corals from, so I'm currently letting the tank fallow for 2 months for good measure.

For fish, I was thinking a YCG, and a Ruby Red Dragonet (although I'm not sure whether a Ruby Red would be a good idea in a tank this size).

EDIT: Just looked at the starfish. I think this tank is too small for it. :(

Definitely a no on the dragonet - you need a lot more space than this. YCG or something similar would be good. You could do a red goby of some kind to have the dragonet color look without the difficulty.

Definitely a no on the dragonet - you need a lot more space than this. YCG or something similar would be good. You could do a red goby of some kind to have the dragonet color look without the difficulty.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about too.

Maybe a pair of Red Trimma Gobies.

Archived