Coral Vue Hydros

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

I finally decided to start a tank build thread! I will try to make this interesting, and filled with photos and updates. This tank will be strictly for my passion, that involves collecting these lovely polyps of color and variety.

Backround: I've been collecting zoas and paly's for a long time, but am quickly running out of room in my 34 gallon DB rimless, 36x18x12" are the dimensions. The DB rimless is packed from consolidating 3 other nano's into that single tank. The tank is basically a mixed reef now with LPS and SPS now too. I have a DB60 on order, but that's another thread.....future endeavor!

The new tank will be a Mr Aqua. 17.1 gallon 24"x11.8"x14.2 ". I'm hoping this will give me enough room to collect many more polyps, and keep other corals from invading precious space for my addiction! Nothing but Z'z and P'z please.

4/01/2014 tank start up.

FTS:

14512982392_598fe71941.jpgIMG_8444 by -Nanofreak79-

*LIGTHING: 20.5" 120 watt maxspect razor

*EQUIPMENT/SUPPLIES:

-2.5 gallon aqueon ATO tank

-10 gallon aqueon tank with single baffle design for sump

-Glassholes overflow and return

-Sicce .5 return pump

-150 watt cobalt neo therm

-TLF phosban reactor

-Aquamaxx Dry Reef Rock - 10 lbs and 5 lbs of BRS reef saver rock

-EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wES Propeller Pump w/ Wireless EcoSMART Driver

-MarineDepot.com Exclusive ReefKeeper Lite + SL1 Expansion Unit w/ FREE pH Probe

-EcoTech Marine Vortech Battery Backup

-Mr. Aqua 17.1 gallon rimless

-5/8 inch Black Flexible Vinyl Tubing

-Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter Dosing Pump, Suction Pre-Filter & 25 Feet of Flexible Air line

-Two Little Fishies Ball Valve

-CAD Lights Nano Pipeless skimmer ps 50.....off line

-Two Little Fishies NanoMag Magnetic Glass Cleaning

-Aragamax sand .5-1.0 mm 15 lbs.

*FISH/Inverts:

-Neon dottyback (Pseudochromis aldabraensis)

-Sunrise dottyback (flavivertex pseudochromis

*FEEDING: blue bottles, elos, reef chili, reef roids, corral accel and RedSea reef nutrition for the coral, and variety of different frozen foods for fish and coral. Microbacter and reef biofuel.

*SALT: Seachem reef salt and weekly W/C's

Thanks for looking, and please give your opinions or thoughts on the tank and inhabitants.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polyp list, updated as needed.

Rainbow smoothie

Groovy grape

King boo

Pit boss

Deja vu

Princess toadstool

Date night

Purple rainbow

Red devil PE

La lakers

Kazaam

Punk rocker

Moon bat

Yoda

Rainbow eclipse

Warhead

Manga

Boston celtics

Capt. America

Purple death

Blue doom

Nuke greens

Blow pops

Devils armor

Iron butterfly

Cherry charms

Dragon eyes

Tubs blue

Ring of fire

Purple Heart emeralds

Ruby reds

Swamp fires

Oxides

Bird of paradise

Miami hurricane

Gumbys

Radioactive dragon eyes

Black cat eyes

Red hornets

Pink shades

Lilac orchids

Rastas

Pink flamingo

X-men's

Super sapiens

Candy apple reds

Org. ATL VDM

Candy apple green

Ghostbusters

God of war

Blue hornet

Apollo

Royal peach

Stardust

Night furies

Pink passions

Lunars

Hawain PE morph

CAA

Tropical martini

Purple berry fantasy

Snow princess

Deja vu

Petroglyphs

Yoda

Solid golds

Yellow sunshines

Cyber demon

Electric Oompa Loompa

Nightmare

Space monster

Agave

Mindbender

Stigy Marley

Serpent in the rainbow

Firebrand

Vivid rainbow

Tropicana

Organism

Gobstopper

Splattered melons

Jaw breaker

Mint green, pink paly combo. (No name)

My clementine

Blue ghost

Yellow sunshine

Black cat eyes

Pinkalicious

Demon eyes

Grey matter

Tutti frutti

Just put in a custom request for vida rock! I'm not sure I'll change to this, but figured I'd see how much cash it would be. I really like the look of it.

Holy zoa! That's a serious order from Travis! I got the Kazaam and king boo last week and both are awesome!

Cool, I'm stoked to have these all open up. So far so good, but they did Come in a little cold. It's pretty chilly here right now.

When I order I tend to go overboard! I have lots in my other tank, that I wish I could move over when the tanks up, but might just order new polyps instead?

Waiting till Friday to order up the rest of my equipment.....build is feeling far away, but I'm a need it now kinda guy....no patience. :()

I know gallon wise this is a small tank, but anyone have any ideas for a fish? Need a poop machine for my paly's. I'm looking for oddball fish or something not commonly seen.

Legendary corals has my attention!!!! Got my cart stacked, I'll see what I can get away with this weekend.

Can't help on your fish question, I've only got a clownfish pair. Legendary-Corals is the stuff! You can't go wrong with them. Following along to see what the future holds :)

Can't help on your fish question, I've only got a clownfish pair. Legendary-Corals is the stuff! You can't go wrong with them. Following along to see what the future holds :)

Thanks for following....I know it's a little boring at this point, but waiting is the game here!

Even closed those polyps look pretty good. Nice and plump.

I have horrible luck with zoas myself. I've lost all of the zoas I ever got (Including some armor of gods and electric ice zoas) except for my Chuckies Bride.

Legendary Corals

Legendary corals has my attention!!!! Got my cart stacked, I'll see what I can get away with this weekend.

ached Thumbnails
  • post-66207-0-74796700-1393546053.jpg
  • post-66207-0-59111400-1393546077.jpg
  • post-66207-0-63030500-1393546086.jpg
  • post-66207-0-27088800-1393546097.jpg
  • post-66207-0-53613100-1393546106.jpg
  • post-66207-0-91130000-1393546113.jpg
  • post-66207-0-71176600-1393546122.jpg

Hmm. Those are some really sexy zoas... :D

Even closed those polyps look pretty good. Nice and plump. I have horrible luck with zoas myself. I've lost all of the zoas I ever got (Including some armor of gods and electric ice zoas) except for my Chuckies Bride.

That sucks...I hate losing any coral, but usually it's something I paid top dollar for, go figure. My usual problem is with acros, they hate me....usually.

Most of the polyps were open, but I'm hoping tomorrow to get some pics of everyone happy and healthy.

ached Thumbnails

Hmm. Those are some really sexy zoas... :D
Indeed....I'm a hoarder bty :)
Legendary Corals

That sucks...I hate losing any coral, but usually it's something I paid top dollar for, go figure. My usual problem is with acros, they hate me....usually.

Most of the polyps were open, but I'm hoping tomorrow to get some pics of everyone happy and healthy.

Indeed....I'm a hoarder bty :)

I must be an old fart... what does bty stand for? LOL

I must be an old fart... what does bty stand for? LOL

Buy the way....or FYI, as in I think I found a new vendor to steal my money. Don't worry I consider myself an old fart too, and I'm 35

Legendary Corals

Buy the way....or FYI, as in I think I found a new vendor to steal my money. Don't worry I consider myself an old fart too, and I'm 35

Haha, we can fart together! Hmm... that doesn't sound quite right...

Well, I love this tank and how it's called "Z & P Paradise." It would be amazing to see our zoas grow and get spoiled by you. I'm also a zoa hoarder too. But I can learn to share. :D

I won't touch acros with a ten foot pole, unless they're already dead, dead pieces make cool live rock.

I have similar experience with the expensive stuff melting. I think the chucks bride is the most expensive one i bought per polyp though so fingers crossed.

Ok, most of the new Z'z & P'z are doing well. There still adjusting, mostly to the lighting I think. I've turned down the % and moved them.....anyway here's some pics!

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps81fa1d21.jpg.html'>image_zps81fa1d21.jpg

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps6ba53c42.jpg.html'>image_zps6ba53c42.jpg

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zpsf3c1cc0b.jpg.html'>image_zpsf3c1cc0b.jpg

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zpsd1556cb4.jpg.html'>image_zpsd1556cb4.jpg

I think that's most of them, but I'll try and get better pics once they settle in and open up, and be happier!

Soooooo, I'm having second thoughts on the 6.5. I'm already thinking I'm gonna run out of room quickly. I'm thinking the 12 gallon? What do you think guys/gals? I have this problem now with my other tank, where real estate is at a premium.

Oh, and thanks for those following the thread! I've got zoas on order from the digital fish room, and gonna put in a order to legendary corals too!

Ordering some more polyps from local member zach, at the digital fishroom, and going to legendary's site by Monday hopefully!

Nanofreak79

Soooooo, I'm having second thoughts on the 6.5. I'm already thinking I'm gonna run out of room quickly. I'm thinking the 12 gallon? What do you think guys/gals? I have this problem now with my other tank, where real estate is at a premium. Anyone?

Also, fish ideas?

Archived