Pod Your Reef

Innovative Fusion series

Bobyboy

Just wondering if you have started on anything for these tanks yet as I'll be getting my 30L first week of March.

Do you think the baskets for the nuvo24 will work?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not have any special access to aquariums before they are released and like to wait to see if one will have actual demand for after market parts. This may be a tank we look at down the road when time allows.

We have the dimensions of our baskets on each product page, you can check the chamber(s) to see if one will work for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the nuvo 24 baskets are about 1/8 to tall to go under the water fall from the over flow.

The door that faces the intake is even lower to fit under the IM24 intake. Will measure in the AM but it is way more than 1/8" under the 11-1/2" measurement. Looks like it is overall in that area about 11"

e659dff52464abe625142993afe77452.jpg

The door that faces the intake is even lower to fit under the IM24 intake. Will measure in the AM but it is way more than 1/8" under the 11-1/2" measurement. Looks like it is overall in that area about 11"

e659dff52464abe625142993afe77452.jpg

Looks to be more around the 1/4"-3/8" lower than the nuvo 24.

Now would I be better off to take the extra length from the sliding door or or from the bottom feet area in order to get it to fit.

Looks to be more around the 1/4"-3/8" lower than the nuvo 24.

Now would I be better off to take the extra length from the sliding door or or from the bottom feet area in order to get it to fit.

The door would be easier to cut, but depends on what you are using.

Here is the overall height of the basket to fit under the intake channel

Doordims.jpg

The door would be easier to cut, but depends on what you are using.

Here is the overall height of the basket to fit under the intake channel

Doordims.jpg

Thanks for the pic, as of now I'm only planing on running CPE, Purigen, and Floss in the top

• 2 months later...

*cough* *nudge* Would love to see baskets sized for the Fusion 30L :)

I used the nuvo 24 ones and a dremel to cut the sliding doors to length. They look just as good as new, but hey are a bit narrow so I have to place a small mag float behind each one to keep it under the flow.

• 3 weeks later...

*cough* *nudge* Would love to see baskets sized for the Fusion 30L :)

Extra *cough* *nudge* :)

We just received the Fusion 30 and 40 in a few weeks ago. Looks like they have the same intake chamber sizes.

I wish we could pop out product right away but design takes time, and there were other products on the list in front of these. There were upgrades to existing products and a lot of new tanks released this winter.

The best fit basket that we have now is the RL8 media basket. The only thing I see is that it comes closer than normal to the bottom of the chamber floor. This may cause a water flow issue, it may not. It's hard to test unless the tank is set up live. There still is room for the water to escape the basket, we just usually design them a little higher up.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Rimless-Nano-Cube-8-Media-Basket-RL8MR.htm

20140627_163021.jpg

20140627_163112.jpg

• 1 month later...

Woot!

Is that a removable center piece I see?

Yes! The middle shelf is removable, the shelves will also be done in green like the rest of our products.

Any chance for the new 20 gallon line?

Yes we will look into those when time allows.

Awesome! I was hoping ya'll would do that lol

It is pretty much standard now on any new design media basket.

So, what makes these better than the IM CustomCaddy brand?

I just bought the Nuvo Fusion 20

And is the one of these for the second chamber (using existing models as examples)?

What chamber is better to put a fuge in?

Thanks!

Jimmer

Archived