Cultivated Reef

FS: NanoReefSystems Skimmer

CausticGuy

www.nanoreefsystems.com skimmer for sale

This is a modified, by nanoreefsystems, skimmer made for me. It is basically the aquapod sized unit made a little taller, and the mounting bracket was made so I could drop it lower in the water. Anyone that has used these skimmers knows they are leaps and bounds better then the BM NAC, Tunze 9002, Aquaticlife 115, etc and they produce a thick dry foam. Only looking for $65 obo, paypal only

post-54026-0-53532200-1393189402_thumb.jpg

Overall height is 17.5" with the foam I could run it 8.5-9.5", without I ran it as deep as 12.5" to clear my hood. There are some mirco bubbles without the foam. I thought about cutting it thinner but never did since the bubbles were confined to the back of my AIO tank. It pulls thick nasty skimmate no matter how you run it.

• 3 weeks later...

Its the aquapod model but taller, footprint is 3.25x5.5" I see they must have recently updated their site and this one isn't on there.

• 4 weeks later...

It will physically fit yes. Its shorter then the one, nanoreefsystems designs for the RSMs, but does use the same size pump and tube size.

• 3 months later...
NaturalViolence

Where's the water outlet? I assume the water exits through the bottom since there is a sponge there? If that's the case than it can't be set on the floor of the sump and has to be mounted on the side, correct?

Correct. Water exits the bottom. It is designed to hang on the side. I'm sure someone could make a stand of it to sit on if they were handy.

The one he sets up for the Solana is 22.5" tall. Mine is 17.5" but has a 3" tube instead of 2.75" it needs a 3.25"x 5.5" space to fit. Its designed to run in 8.5-9.5" of water.

Its not a specific model, I gave him specs and he set it up. The closest I saw on his site was the aquapod 25g but its not on his site anymore. All his pumps are the same its, just a matter of hime altering a few specs like tube size and height.

Archived