ReefCleaners.org

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Stopped by ole handy dandy Walmart this evening and got a desk clamp lamp mounted the par bulb over the tank,eh not too happy with the colors,but it's whatever. Had to take the optics,what I guess was 60* optics wouldn't even cover the 8"x8",it did but the very dim to say the least.

Before everyone says don't cover the par bulb,I know I plan on either cutting the guard down or drilling vent holes around it. The bulb was on for 3-4 hours and barley got warm. So I'll feel it tomorrow once it's been on and see how warm it gets.

Pictures were taking with my orange glasses to get a better reference of the color. Pretty on point,but less orange lol:

image_8.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

• Like 1

I've used the CC 18K PAR30 and like it, but it's just a tad more purple than I prefer. From your pics, it looks like the 22K is even more purple/blue?

I don't know about the 22K since it's a different spectrum, but I learned over time that my 18K bulb was way brighter than it looked to the eye. My corals did much better after I moved the bulb about 12" above the water line in my 4g tank.

I've used the CC 18K PAR30 and like it, but it's just a tad more purple than I prefer. From your pics, it looks like the 22K is even more purple/blue?

I don't know about the 22K since it's a different spectrum, but I learned over time that my 18K bulb was way brighter than it looked to the eye. My corals did much better after I moved the bulb about 12" above the water line in my 4g tank.

The 22k is honestly still a little white. I was really thinking it was going to be super blue,but surprisingly it wasn't. Right now it's about 6-7" off the water. So time will tell on how it looks.

Way to go bro! You really got your ass moving. I keep the shroud on my arm desk lamp. The light doesn't heat it up enough to be worried. Looks better too.

Way to go bro! You really got your ass moving. I keep the shroud on my arm desk lamp. The light doesn't heat it up enough to be worried. Looks better too.

Hahaha for real. Tomorrow I'm going to get 8 gallons of water,mix them this weekend and get the 7 gallon wet. I'm going to do a water change tonight and scoot the 2 gallon about 2-3 inches to the left to kind of center the par bulb over the tank more. But thanks man,I think it looks cleaner too,make water changes 10x easier too.

We have a walk thru with the owner on Tuesday,so I had to get things cleaned up. That way buddy can't bitch about it.

• Like 1

Drained about almost a half gallon or so out of the tank,and slid it over,so much better. I may have to over 90* optics or something,but whatever.

image_10.jpeg

image_11.jpeg

• Like 3

Got time to mess with the LEDs tonight,had to take 3 Violet's out in order to get everything to fire up. Once hung correctly,who thinks it'll light the whole tank sufficiently enough ?!

100% whites

image_12.jpeg

25%-75% (b-w)

image_13.jpeg

75%-25% (b-w)

image_14.jpeg

100% blues

image_15.jpeg

Need to cut this out and drill the holes:

image_16.jpeg

Added another chalice to the mix,hopefully these 2 do better than my last one lol. Pics a little bit too edited but since I switched to the par bulb,I cannot get a good picture:

image_19.jpeg

• Like 2

Dude those are some sweet additions. First chalice looks like a mummy eye, second I have know idea. Love your Red Sea mounting legs, not at all ghetto. Lmao, I know your gonna do something nice.

Dude those are some sweet additions. First chalice looks like a mummy eye, second I have know idea. Love your Red Sea mounting legs, not at all ghetto. Lmao, I know your gonna do something nice.

Thanks man,I appreciate it. Supposedly it's a OG Mummy Eye,I only paid $20 for it and it's got 8 eyes lol. The second one was $10,but can't find a name on it. Hahaha it was just a mock up,the light will be about 8"-10" over the tank once it's all said and done. Should be plenty of coverage at that height. It's pretty much a duo (2x nano box 11up's with added violets) with 2x t5 bulbs.

wow! loving the new corals! beauitful!

Thank you !!! I'm finally starting to get a diverse tank going. If my chalice's live I've got a few more I want to get that are really really nice.

• Like 1
theleftcoastguy

I haven't had a chance to read through everything on here but I just wanted to say that something about the frag cube is legit... really makes me want to put one together. Nice work!

I haven't had a chance to read through everything on here but I just wanted to say that something about the frag cube is legit... really makes me want to put one together. Nice work!

Thank you,it's been a journey,that's for sure. But tonight,the 7 gallon will be getting wet,about time. But you should,it's been fun,it'll be a love hate relationship when I shut the 2 gallon down,that's for sure.

Made a little more progress tonight,actually got the light hung,besides being too long it doesn't look too bad lol:

image_21.jpeg

I also need to find a different power supply to knock the power of the RW-4 down,it kicks sand around everywhere.... -___- would something like this work ?! http://www.walmart.com/ip/46563804?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228033936503&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=55462331258&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=86386138658&veh=sem

• Like 2

I've been there before lol, just power through it for now :D

I may take the 2 middle bulbs out this weekend and mount the LEDs and see how it looks,will the 2 11up's have enough spread to cover 16" ?

Also,do you think this PSU will be okay to power my RW-4 ? How it is now is a little to much even at the lowest setting.. Stock PSU is 24v @ 1A.

image_22.jpeg