Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

So,who is ready for a update and some new frags ?! I know I am :happydance:

So not much has changed in the past like 2 months probably. I've had some zoa's melt,some algae come and go. T5 bulbs are way over due to be changed lol coming up on a year here soon. So I put my led's in my t5 fixture,hoping to get my colors back in my sps.

Also went to one of my lfs's for the first time in probably 2 months and got 3 sps frags for $20. Did a water change and acclimated them and here they are:

image_119.jpg

image_120.jpg

image_121.jpg

• Like 3

The new sps look nice :wub:

A quick peroxide dip (30-45 seconds) with 50/50 peroxide and tank water worked for me. As of now,that's the only dip I know works.

Hmmmm, I never thought of that. I have some near the bottom of my tank that I can't reach because of all the corals in the way. But I think I might be able to drain enough water to expose them, and then I could just reach them with an eyedropper full of peroxide. Maybe if I just put a few drops on a let it sit for a minute it will solve my problem?

The new sps look nice :wub:

Hmmmm, I never thought of that. I have some near the bottom of my tank that I can't reach because of all the corals in the way. But I think I might be able to drain enough water to expose them, and then I could just reach them with an eyedropper full of peroxide. Maybe if I just put a few drops on a let it sit for a minute it will solve my problem?

Any way you could use something to chisel that piece of rock off where the bubble is ? Without having to expose those corals for a period of time ?!

I couldn't pass them up for $10 a piece. And it was buy 2 get 1 free lol too good of a deal. I'm hoping the led's will bring back some colors in stuff,including my red planet.

So unfortunately since Monday the pink,green and blue Acro has been stn'ing. Which sucks,because that piece was pretty damn sick. But this morning I checked and it's slowly making its way up the skeleton. So I'll have to see if Living Reef has a new frag,meh.

So unfortunately since Monday the pink,green and blue Acro has been stn'ing. Which sucks,because that piece was pretty damn sick. But this morning I checked and it's slowly making its way up the skeleton. So I'll have to see if Living Reef has a new frag,meh.

frag it to save what still has flesh.

frag it to save what still has flesh.

If there is anything left when I get home from work I will. I've tried that a few times and it's never worked. I wanna say they had a bigger piece for $20 so I'll check this weekend.

Rainbow Acro was fully gone by the time I got home,but I snapped a new FTS with T5's and Led's and then just T5's 2x ATI Blue+ which may get replaced by 2 Wavepoint Blue Wave bulbs seeming ATI bulbs are $30 a piece -___-

T5's only:

image_122.jpg

T5's and LED's:

image_123.jpg

• Like 1

This guy is coloring up with some blue in the new growth,green body with purple tips of the branches:

image_124.jpg

Took advantage of the 15% off sale today and grabbed 2 more pieces:

image_125.jpg

image_126.jpg

• Like 2

I'd say someone was antsy to eat lol

image_128.jpg

Needed a little bit more flow directed at the sps rack,so I cut a old gift card and slid it on to my filter,now they're getting a little more random flow:

image_127.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got some damn epoxy to put my scape together,now I've gotta dig my silicone out of my closet and put the false wall section in permenatly and stop being lazy and get some water lol.

But in the mean time,here some pics:

Free Rogue Mille I got today:

image_130.jpg

Another free piece:

image_133.jpg

Some type of "Deepwater":

image_132.jpg

Plana:

image_131.jpg

Picked up some Fairy Dust Zoa's and Bam Bam's today:

image_134.jpg

image_135.jpg

image_136.jpg

Sps rack:

image_137.jpg

So,finally stopped slacking and washed the tank out,dried it and glued the false wall in. Got the rocks all bonded together as well. This weekend I'm hoping to get this mother f*cker cycling and get everything transferred over within the next few weeks.

Plan is to (once it's cycled) transfer my non-sps frags over and SLOWLY move the sps over. Using the leds over the 2 gallon for the sps and the t5's then fully go back to T5/LEDs like I am now. But we all know things/plans change.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

• Like 2

So,finally stopped slacking and washed the tank out,dried it and glued the false wall in. Got the rocks all bonded together as well. This weekend I'm hoping to get this mother f*cker cycling and get everything transferred over within the next few weeks.

Plan is to (once it's cycled) transfer my non-sps frags over and SLOWLY move the sps over. Using the leds over the 2 gallon for the sps and the t5's then fully go back to T5/LEDs like I am now. But we all know things/plans change.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

Dooooooooo ittttttt!

That looks sweet :wub:

Can't wait to see it get wet!

Me neither,it's been too long :happydance: !!!

Dooooooooo ittttttt!

This weekend man,hopefully. I've gotta move my girlfriend and get a alignment and brake job done on her car,so hopefully there is time.

Just got a CC 22k Par30 for the tank from a fellow member,so this week im going to try and get both NBR boards soldered up and get the light mounted,tank wet and get this hoe cycled !!!!

Volusia County had a frag swap and yard sale at a local store and I was able to get 2 frags for under $15 got a 10-12 polyp frag of Purple Deaths and a pretty damn cool frag of some other zoa's:

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Nice score! Those are awesome :)

Thanks man,the bottom picture was a score,they didn't even look like that in the store. They were pale looking. Not bad for $3.75 and I only paid $7.50 for the purple deaths lol.
  • Like 1

Decided to finally clean my skimmer... It was horribly dirty,to say the least lol..

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

Almost instantly started spitting out nice and thick bubbles,before it was just watery and barley producing skimmate. So I'll be able to tell how it's performing at weekends end.

• Like 1

I just did the same thing bro. Although I got a little lazy and let mine sit in a vinegar bath for almost a week before I got it back into the tank. But, after cleaning it has been going crazy. I dont think I have ever got this good of a foam head,even when I was happy with its performance.

• Like 1