Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Dang, that's too bad, but I totally get how you feel. It's just not fun doing the work to keep up a tank if it just keeps going downhill anyway.

I think a 12" cube would be nice, that's a great size for a small tank, not too big and not too small. I bet a fresh start would bring the fun back.

Dang, that's too bad, but I totally get how you feel. It's just not fun doing the work to keep up a tank if it just keeps going downhill anyway.

I think a 12" cube would be nice, that's a great size for a small tank, not too big and not too small. I bet a fresh start would bring the fun back.

Its a horrible feeling. I havent done a water change in 2 weeks. And haven't looked at the tank in a week.

I threw together a scape real quick and I kinda like it:

20170107_231248.jpg

• Like 3

I like it too! Do it!

I think I will,it took me a whole 30 seconds to do it too lol.

Sad thing is,a lot of coral won't make the cut for the new tank due to shortage of area on the bottom of the tank. So any locals here soon want any frags,let me know.

• Like 1

Got the new light together. Im 100x happier with it,than the other light. Kust gotta drill holes for the hanging kit and Im good to good.

20170115_002914.jpg

20170115_003132.jpg

• Like 3
lilmatty5dimes

I threw together a scape real quick and I kinda like it:

20170107_231248.jpg

I like the aquascape. Just make a huge zoa & acan garden. I've picked up a ton of new stuff. Wwc bounce, 3 JB, 10 more zoas, few chalices, sick blasto, and few rainbow acans.

Yes about an hour from Sanford

Where are you located? I'm over by Titusville.

I like the aquascape. Just make a huge zoa & acan garden. I've picked up a ton of new stuff. Wwc bounce, 3 JB, 10 more zoas, few chalices, sick blasto, and few rainbow acans.

Where are you located? I'm over by Titusville.

That's basically what this is going to be. Everything will go into a 5g on the floor while the cube cycles in its place on the same stand.

Good lord lol I know that thing has to be packed. Text me some pics. We need to work out a deal on the Bowsers. Im in Sanford between orlando and daytona.

I am in Ocoee

I can give you a list and pics when I put everything in the holding tank and decide what I want to transfer to the new tank.

Can you give us the details of the light? Did you make it? Does it have a controller? Thanks

Its 2 channels,1 consisting of 4 ultramarine blues,2 royal blues,2 violets and channel 2 is 2 neutral whites,2 cool blues and 2 royals with a makersled basic 2up ldd controller on a makersled 6" heatsink.

Do you guys think that if I am to set up a 2g holding tank for the corals,that if I use 1 gallon of fresh and 1 gallon of tank water,it would piss off everything ?! I'm just so over the tank and wanting to get things rolling.

Once the holding tank is set up,everything that made the cut for the new tank will get cleaned and dipped VERY well,and continual dips of peroxide to hopefully take care of this horrible problem.

Ever bought a new coral? That was a 100% water change for that piece, and it was fine, so a 50% change isn't going to hurt anything :P

True,I never really thought of that. I was thinking a brand new tank,new filter,new carbon 50% new water.. But I guess you're right.

lilmatty5dimes

Ever bought a new coral? That was a 100% water change for that piece, and it was fine, so a 50% change isn't going to hurt anything :P

Man never really thought of it that way. Lol

Its a horrible feeling. I havent done a water change in 2 weeks. And haven't looked at the tank in a week.

I threw together a scape real quick and I kinda like it:20170107_231248.jpg

I just grabbed a fusion 10g with prime light, tunze nano, synergy ato container, rw-4, and neotherm heater for a zoa garden and shroom garden.

Oh yeah ?!?! Nice dude,that's what's up. Get yourself a Jaw Breaker and make yourself some moolah !!!

Half of my collection now is not going to make it to the cube,about 50% of my Acan's and 30-40% of my Zoa's are going in and that's about it. Everything else is getting trashed or sold.

I am thinking about kicking the Betta out of the 2g and doing a SPS pico in the bedroom. AC20,RW4,bare bottom,and my other led light. Only money that I would spend would be on the sps themselves ;)

• Like 1

Sucks, bro. I had a total shit storm happen to my 68........my tank and corals were so far gone I said #### it and took it down. Fresh start here. Maybe try and save yours though.

Sucks, bro. I had a total shit storm happen to my 68........my tank and corals were so far gone I said #### it and took it down. Fresh start here. Maybe try and save yours though.

Glad to see you're back man. Basically thats what the cube is going to be. I really want to try and save some frags that I don't wabt to part with and treat them for awhile and see what happens before the go back into the DT.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Oh yeah ?!?! Nice dude,that's what's up. Get yourself a Jaw Breaker and make yourself some moolah !!!

Half of my collection now is not going to make it to the cube,about 50% of my Acan's and 30-40% of my Zoa's are going in and that's about it. Everything else is getting trashed or sold.

I am thinking about kicking the Betta out of the 2g and doing a SPS pico in the bedroom. AC20,RW4,bare bottom,and my other led light. Only money that I would spend would be on the sps themselves ;)

I'm already ahead of yea. I've got 3 JB and wwc bounce already.

9C96CA61-14E4-4335-A24B-CA0981A085F4_zps

0534150F-1B3E-4AA0-9CC2-20B92544D408_zps

Surprise I got when I got my bounce home. Lil baby

3A4F621E-48CF-45CE-8CC4-C7A7D582778D_zps

• Like 1

I'm already ahead of yea. I've got 3 JB and wwc bounce already.

9C96CA61-14E4-4335-A24B-CA0981A085F4_zps

0534150F-1B3E-4AA0-9CC2-20B92544D408_zps

Surprise I got when I got my bounce home. Lil baby

3A4F621E-48CF-45CE-8CC4-C7A7D582778D_zps

This guy lol. That Bounce looks amazing !!

• Like 2