Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Nanofreak79
Really ? That's crazy man. I won't be home until Sunday,so when I get home I'm going to try and wire up the Typhon and get that work and on te settings I want. I'm still debating if I want to go bare bottom or if I want to add sand... Pros and cons to both,meh..
I've some both, but prefer sand mostly for aesthetic reasons. I hated having areas of fish poo in the corner.

So,this guy arrived today when I walked in the door !!!! I'm pretty sure I can be smart enough to wire it up ( simple red to red,black to black ? ) but I've been messing with it for a few minutes but can't figure out the settings or how to set it,help would be much appreciated !!! http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reekid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps75e6d928.jpg.html'>image_zps75e6d928.jpg
There's a thread in a NanoBox share your settings thread.

There's a thread in a NanoBox share your settings thread.

Aren't those just the brightness of each channel people are posting ? I may have to call on Jedi to help me with the setting,I might just shoot him a PM lol... Thanks for the suggestion though man

Stopped by one of the LFS by my girlfriends and picked up a TLF's Nano Mag and a Media Bag both of which were overpriced but,I don't feel like ordering anything online lol.

Picture update later on tonight and this thing WILL be wet this week :)

• Like 1

Looks great,

I have the 8 gallon cadlights system and I love the system. I haven't done many mods yet. I'm running a mp10 and right now I'm building a rapid led DIY kit right now.

How does your skimmer sit in the back? I have the cadlights pls50 but don't have it running yet. It seems really hard to setup.

I will be following your build

Rob

Looks great,

I have the 8 gallon cadlights system and I love the system. I haven't done many mods yet. I'm running a mp10 and right now I'm building a rapid led DIY kit right now.

How does your skimmer sit in the back? I have the cadlights pls50 but don't have it running yet. It seems really hard to setup.

I will be following your build

Rob

Thanks man. I love their 8 gallon tanks,they look amazing. As for the skimmer,it's going to be sitting in the middle chamber. It's a tight fit but it works. What seems hard about the skimmer ? Getting it to fit or tuning it ? The Aquatic Life skimmer I have is pretty small,thank god I made the filtration area being almost 4" wide,or else I wouldn't be using it.

Do you have a build threat ?

So I get home and open my box from DFS,and realize I ordered the wrong damn test kit.. I ordered the SeaChem Reef Special kit which is Phos,Silica and Iodine and I need the Basic kit for Trates,rites,ammonia and Ph.. Thank god I have a crummy API Kit I used which is good for 2 more years until I can order a new kit.. FML..

image_zps6e6b31a1.jpg

• Like 2
Nanofreak79

DFS makes it pretty easy to return. They will have you print out a form I believe, and once they get product they send out your new stuff.

I spy Red Sea :)

I spoke to customer service earlier on the phone. I just have to fill out the form on the invoice sheet and use the supplied label and ship it out and they'll ship me the kit I needed for free,easy as pie lol.

Yes you do !! The foundations kit,much needed that's for sure.

• Like 1
Thanks man. I love their 8 gallon tanks,they look amazing. As for the skimmer,it's going to be sitting in the middle chamber. It's a tight fit but it works. What seems hard about the skimmer ? Getting it to fit or tuning it ? The Aquatic Life skimmer I have is pretty small,thank god I made the filtration area being almost 4" wide,or else I wouldn't be using it.

Do you have a build threat ?

It's hard to get it tuned to the proper spot. Now that I have fish I'm going to have to get the skimmer running.

I don't have a build thread for my tank.

Rob

Once it breaks in,it should be a little easier to get tuned to it's sweet spot.

On a different note,does anyone know if cree's and Philip Rebels are ran @ 350ma if the par is still decent ?

Well,things will be put on hold for about a week or so... My retarded self didn't check my drivers before ordering my Typhon so I'll either have to buy a new ELN driver seeming the Typhon isn't compatible with LPF drivers which I unfortuantely have and OR just scrap the controller idea all by itself,which I may just order a new ELN driver instead and cycle the tank with no light. I have to order a moonlight driver,4 leds,solderless things and heatsink for my gf's tank from Rapid anyways so I may as well just do that.. Still a royal PITA though.. Im pretty po'd at myself :angry:

• Like 1
Nanofreak79
Once it breaks in,it should be a little easier to get tuned to it's sweet spot. On a different note,does anyone know if cree's and Philip Rebels are ran @ 350ma if the par is still decent ?
Im gonna borrow my LFS's par meter when I finish my pico light. I'm using a moonlight driver at 350 ma. I'm only going though 5" of water though, using 4'leds. I'll be using both rebels and Cree.

Well,things will be put on hold for about a week or so... My retarded self didn't check my drivers before ordering my Typhon so I'll either have to buy a new ELN driver seeming the Typhon isn't compatible with LPF drivers which I unfortuantely have and OR just scrap the controller idea all by itself,which I may just order a new ELN driver instead and cycle the tank with no light. I have to order a moonlight driver,4 leds,solderless things and heatsink for my gf's tank from Rapid anyways so I may as well just do that.. Still a royal PITA though.. Im pretty po'd at myself :angry:
I cycle all my new tanks without light. You can skip getting hair algae, and the bacteria don't care either.

How deep is your rank again.

Im gonna borrow my LFS's par meter when I finish my pico light. I'm using a moonlight driver at 350 ma. I'm only going though 5" of water though, using 4'leds. I'll be using both rebels and Cree.

I cycle all my new tanks without light. You can skip getting hair algae, and the bacteria don't care either.

How deep is your rank again.

From what I read on your thread for the pico,we are going to be using the same set-up only Im going to use 2 Rebel Royal Blues,1 Cree XP-G Neutral White an 1 Cree XP-E Blue and maybe 80* optics so I can still get more light to the bottom. Well I got the acrylic from work today the guy I work with wasn't using,he gave me 2 8"ish x 25"-30" pieces. I'm going to try and make the tank about 6"-8" deep and have the fixture about 3-4" from the water.

Im not really worried about not having a light for the cycle,its the simple fact as funds are tight at the moment and idk when I'll be able to order everything I need within the next week or two..

What type of driver are you looking for? I have an extra ELN-60-48P to bad your so far away

Rob

Nanofreak79

From what I read on your thread for the pico,we are going to be using the same set-up only Im going to use 2 Rebel Royal Blues,1 Cree XP-G Neutral White an 1 Cree XP-E Blue and maybe 80* optics so I can still get more light to the bottom. Well I got the acrylic from work today the guy I work with wasn't using,he gave me 2 8"ish x 25"-30" pieces. I'm going to try and make the tank about 6"-8" deep and have the fixture about 3-4" from the water.

Im not really worried about not having a light for the cycle,its the simple fact as funds are tight at the moment and idk when I'll be able to order everything I need within the next week or two..

I'm doing a violet in place of your blue. My light sits about 2" or so off the water. I think 120* should cut it! I was worried 80* would be too much? IDK......I'm only doing softies.

I'm doing a violet in place of your blue. My light sits about 2" or so off the water. I think 120* should cut it! I was worried 80* would be too much? IDK......I'm only doing softies.

120* would just be the leds with no optics right ? Either way,for softies the light should be fine. I'm seriously contemplating selling my light and the Typhon and getting a Reef Radiance fixture or just ordering a new ELN driver and I'm still waiting on Steve's LED's to email me back regarding the Typhon and on how hot that damn thing gets and why it keeps resetting itself... Just my luck man..

• Like 1
Nanofreak79
120* would just be the leds with no optics right ? Either way,for softies the light should be fine. I'm seriously contemplating selling my light and the Typhon and getting a Reef Radiance fixture or just ordering a new ELN driver and I'm still waiting on Steve's LED's to email me back regarding the Typhon and on how hot that damn thing gets and why it keeps resetting itself... Just my luck man..
w

Yep, no optics. Evil, said I'd get about same par as you. I hate lighting.....which way to go!

What type of driver are you looking for? I have an extra ELN-60-48P to bad your so far awayRob
I didn't even see your post,how much would you want for the driver shipped ? The 60-48D or P should both work,correct ?

wYep, no optics. Evil, said I'd get about same par as you. I hate lighting.....which way to go!
I hear you man.. I'm about half tempted to say screw it spend $30 more and get a par bulb from CC and a gooseneck an be done with it lol.
  • Like 1

Yeah no joke. If I end up selling my light and the controller and should get around $150-175 as a combo deal I'd just throw a couple bucks to the side and get a Nano-Box from Dave :) doubt I'd get that much though...

I got a bunch of xbox 1 and ps4 games today at work ;) easy monnnney !!

• Like 1

I didn't even see your post,how much would you want for the driver shipped ? The 60-48D or P should both work,correct ?

Well it all depends on what you are planning on doing.

This is from rapidled:

The difference between the two models of driver is the type of signal they accept for dimming. One accepts an analog reference voltage, the other a PWM waveform.

The "D" model accepts an analog 0-10V signal. This is simply a voltage applied across the DIM+ and DIM- wires between 0-10V. This can be accomplished with a 10V reference signal from our 10V AC Adapter, which outputs a 10V DC signal the "D" model accepts. If you want to vary the intensity from 10V down to 0V (or 0V to 10V), you can wire the adapter to a potentiometer, which when rotated, will vary the voltage from 0-10V and change the intensity accordingly. For example, 1V = 10% intensity, 5V=50% intensity, 10V=100% intensity. If you have a number of drivers you wish to control, you could try our DIY 2 color dimming kit: http://www.rapidled.com/diy-2-color-dimming-kit/

The "P" model accepts a square wave, or PWM (pulse width modulation), signal. The PWM wave must be 0-10V also, but it is either at 0V or 10V, nothing in between like with the analog signal the "D" model uses. So, the PWM signal runs by a on-off-on-off pattern with on being 10V and off being 0V. Our DDC-02 lighting controller provides three daylight modes with sunrise and sunset and a manual intensity adjustment mode: http://www.rapidled.com/ddc-02-pwm-controller/