Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Threads been dead lately,a lot of stuff looks like crap a few frags of zoa's melted,lost a bunch of sps frags lol nothing new to report besides I got my CoralCon tickets today,which I'm pretty damn excited for. I did snap a few pics though:

image-148.jpg

image-149.jpg

image-150.jpg

image-151.jpg

• Like 1

Don't worry you haven't missed anything man lol. Honestly,no. I haven't really done much with the tank besides basic water changes. I've kinda been putting some effort into researching about re-doing my light. Contacting a few websites about T5 fixtures.

Other than that,I'm just waiting for CoralCon to get here to hopefully pick up a few sick frags to help me regain some interest for the tank again,it's kinda slipped away from me over the past few weeks.. :unsure::tears:

Do a retro for my 7 gallon. I may just end up getting a 2 24" single bulb sunblaze fixtures to mount on each side of my light I already have to run on sunrise and sunset. probably go with Blue+ (x2).

• Like 1

Do a retro for my 7 gallon. I may just end up getting a 2 24" single bulb sunblaze fixtures to mount on each side of my light I already have to run on sunrise and sunset. probably go with Blue+ (x2).

Yeah man or a zoomed. They are extremely easy to retrofit. I actually pulled apart a 24"zoomed this week. Was super easy. I retro fitted a friend's reef breeders. He made a wood housing and I did the electrical.

I've actually owned one of those before,when I first started reef tanks. The sockets absolutely suck ass. I can get 2 Sunblaze single bulb fixtures for $20 each,which isn't bad.

Well then yeah,you can't beat that deal lol. Got any pics of it ?

I only have some of the t5s outside of the case.

I'll tell him to snap some for me.

I'd you don't mind,that'd be awesome.

I Think I'm going to lean towards a Hamilton Aruba Sun Retro fixture,it's already got weak leds running down the middle,so I can take those out and get a tubular Heatsink from StevesLED's and run my leds down the middle in place of those cheaper ones. Less hassle of tearing apart a fixture and hacking it up.

The retro would cost me:

Fixture-$105

2x ATI Blue+ : $40

8-10 SemiLED Royal Blues,4 SemiLED 430nm Violets,8 SemiLED Neutral Whites & 20" Tubular Heatsink- $56 shipped

Total-$220 -/+ Shipped which isn't bad ;)

I have came to the assumption,that my RTN is really STN. My Lime in the Sky Acro,is succumbing to it,and some pieces arent loosing tissue per say,but the tissue is really rough looking and dark,with minimal polyp extension in those area's. While my Joe The Coral,and Red Planet,Super Man Digi are fine.. I super stumped on whats going on. I honestly haven't tested,so maybe Alk is really high still,idk. I can't say I'll be super pissed if I loss my sps,although I don't want to but if I do,it'll be less I have to worry about sucks to say lol.

Its all good,you win some,you lose some. Hopefully I'll have enough space cleared out for CoralCon stuff this weekend. I've saved up a little bit of funds,plus I get paid again friday,so I'm hoping I have about $100-$120 to spend at the show.

Hahaha correct guys. It's just a branchig monti. Still one of my favorites in the tank though. It's got 3 little bumps where it's wanting to put out branches,but hasn't started too yet :(