ReefCleaners.org

Questions on timing of adding cuc on new reef

drfu

So im on my second reef build, see thread if your interested, http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/341061-aqueon-15-column-fw-to-reef-conversion-build/?p=4635039

My question is this, i believe my tank is cycled, got diatoms covering most of my live rock, I did get some white die off on my live rock, i purchased it locally that was in another tank so I'm assuming it was quite cured and the die off was when i was aquascaping on dry land.

Todays parameters after 50% water change

Salinity 1.025, ph8.0, temp 80

No detectable, ammonia, nitrites, copper.

Nitrates below 5, barely detectable phosphates but do have some according to my API test.

Alk 12, Ca 420.

Thoughts on cuc or a fish, i don't have my lighting in yet so i wont move my coral frags yet?

The tank has been set up for a week or so?? It seems like you can add some snails and hermits and see how they do. I wouldn't add any fish yet as things can change very quickly in a small and new setup.

The tank has been set up for a week or so?? It seems like you can add some snails and hermits and see how they do. I wouldn't add any fish yet as things can change very quickly in a small and new setup.

Thanks for the advice, yes its been running now for 8 days only. My cuc will consist of 3 trochus, 4 nerites, 4 Nassarius & 5 dwarf cereths, no crabs. Any supplemental feeding needs to be done?

Archived