inTank Media Baskets

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man. The fish are going to be the main event in the tank for a while as I plan to wait a month or so before adding any corals. I don't think I have added a list of them yet to this thread so here goes:

2x Hooded Wrasses

1x Potters Leopard Wrasse

1x Solorensis Wrasse (F)

2x Occy Clowns

2x Dalmation Mollies

1x Yellow Tang

I realllllllly want to add a pair or trio of Kuiteri Leopard Wrasses, but at the same time I am pretty well stocked and they aren't easy to come by anyway but if I get the chance don't be surprised if I just do it LOL

the mollies make it epic.

I mostly just got them to make sure they would live a few days in the tank before adding my much more expensive, harder to replace wrasses ;) But they are pretty decent algae eaters and breed pretty good too which results in free fish/coral food as well.

I mostly just got them to make sure they would live a few days in the tank before adding my much more expensive, harder to replace wrasses ;) But they are pretty decent algae eaters and breed pretty good too which results in free fish/coral food as well.

i just think a fish that can convert water is pretty awesome. and i never thought about mollies. i used damsels and they were a bitch to get back out.

i just think a fish that can convert water is pretty awesome. and i never thought about mollies. i used damsels and they were a bitch to get back out.

Yeah it is pretty crazy, there are a few different ones that can live in both FW and SW. The mollies were my go to just because they serve a purpose as well. I've had damsels before and will NEVER go that route again.

FWIW, these guys are really good at switching from FW to SW, I just cut the bag of FW open, drained it and put them directly into SW from FW. No acclimation other then I floated for temp while I ate dinner lol

Yeah it is pretty crazy, there are a few different ones that can live in both FW and SW. The mollies were my go to just because they serve a purpose as well. I've had damsels before and will NEVER go that route again.

FWIW, these guys are really good at switching from FW to SW, I just cut the bag of FW open, drained it and put them directly into SW from FW. No acclimation other then I floated for temp while I ate dinner lol

i tried this with a few fish and was only successful with monos. its amazing how they can just change that quickly. only downside to mollies is they love to be ich magnets

i tried this with a few fish and was only successful with monos. its amazing how they can just change that quickly. only downside to mollies is they love to be ich magnets

From my understanding the FW ich isn't transferable and supposedly dies off when they transfer to SW..... so as long as your tank doesn't have Ich present I'd say the odds are decent they will be fine. I've added them before to other systems and never had any issues with it.

Looks great...scape, floating rock, white trim, fish. Very nicely done :).

From my understanding the FW ich isn't transferable and supposedly dies off when they transfer to SW..... so as long as your tank doesn't have Ich present I'd say the odds are decent they will be fine. I've added them before to other systems and never had any issues with it.

Learn something new everyday. was always scared of death of ich getting transferred.

Learn something new everyday. was always scared of death of ich getting transferred.

I'll be honest I haven't done a ton of research on it, but I read it a couple times. If you're concerned about it I would definitely look into it a little more... but ich doesn't really scare me there are worse things IMO. But I'm a bit crazy too :wacko:

Well I was going to post some pics but apparently between Flickr and this site it doesn't want me to do that :wacko:

Guess I will try the uploader on this site and see if I can directly link it.....

post-81470-0-48624400-1393192169_thumb.jpg

post-81470-0-63067200-1393192936_thumb.jpg

I've been wanting to switch to flickr as I've heard it doesn't knock the quality down but it doesn't seem to work with this site so I guess I am stuck with photosucket as I like to have the bigger pics show in the thread as opposed to the small ones from the sites loader.....

DSC_0538-1_zps284c4faf.jpg

DSC_0539_zpsc4e71810.jpg

DSC_0520_zps94574699.jpg

I have more pics but I don't really feel like running them through the editor just to take them from RAW to JPG (or JPEG whatever...) to make them compatible with anything so I will just delete the rest (not that they were anything great anyway) and reshoot another time in a different format.

Oh man, a potter's leopard! I miss mine :(

Thanks man. The fish are going to be the main event in the tank for a while as I plan to wait a month or so before adding any corals. I don't think I have added a list of them yet to this thread so here goes:

Not a bad idea. Let things get settled and then slowly add corals.

Oh man, a potter's leopard! I miss mine :(

I actually had a collected pair, but the original male found a weak spot in my 70's screen top around the return pipe (hence why I drilled the return on this tank to be able to have the solid top with 0 cuts/slices/ weak spots...) and died on impact with the wood floor :( They are definitely beautiful, I really enjoy all the leopards. I have had the potters pair, a regular, a black, and an ornate. I lost the black to jumping the day I went to get the stuff to put together the screen top for my 180 (he was fine for the 1st 2 weeks went to get it came home to a fish stick :(), and I lost the ornate male and regular female in all the crap between my 70 splitting the seam and setting up this tank. :( I'd reallllllly like to get a pair or trio of Kuiteri but that won't be an easy or cheap task lol

Not a bad idea. Let things get settled and then slowly add corals.

Yeah that was my thinking. I added a pretty big hit to the bioload with adding all the fish already so I plan to just keep up on water changes and make sure everything goes smooth for a while then I will hit it pretty good with a dose of coral ;)

Flickr does let you post.

How I couldn't figure it out it kept telling me this forum doesn't allow that extension or showing a generic tiny picture box without a pic (kinda like the pic has been removed type thing). :( I was pretty sure I used flickr before but it didn't wanna act right for me the other day.

I actually had a collected pair, but the original male found a weak spot in my 70's screen top around the return pipe (hence why I drilled the return on this tank to be able to have the solid top with 0 cuts/slices/ weak spots...) and died on impact with the wood floor :( They are definitely beautiful, I really enjoy all the leopards. I have had the potters pair, a regular, a black, and an ornate. I lost the black to jumping the day I went to get the stuff to put together the screen top for my 180 (he was fine for the 1st 2 weeks went to get it came home to a fish stick :(), and I lost the ornate male and regular female in all the crap between my 70 splitting the seam and setting up this tank. :( I'd reallllllly like to get a pair or trio of Kuiteri but that won't be an easy or cheap task lol

Oh that sucks! A trio of kuiteri would be really awesome, but like you said very expensive. Such brightly colored fish though! I have always been a fan of leopards. I have had 3 ornates in the past that I have sold/given away. I have never lost one. I also have had two vermiculate that both died after a week or two, and then this potters that seemed healthy and ate frozen like a champ for 2 months but died out of the blue one day. I sold my healthy pellet eating ornate to get the potters :( I regret that now.

Yeah that was my thinking. I added a pretty big hit to the bioload with adding all the fish already so I plan to just keep up on water changes and make sure everything goes smooth for a while then I will hit it pretty good with a dose of coral ;)

Lots of SPS I hope!

Oh that sucks! A trio of kuiteri would be really awesome, but like you said very expensive. Such brightly colored fish though! I have always been a fan of leopards. I have had 3 ornates in the past that I have sold/given away. I have never lost one. I also have had two vermiculate that both died after a week or two, and then this potters that seemed healthy and ate frozen like a champ for 2 months but died out of the blue one day. I sold my healthy pellet eating ornate to get the potters :( I regret that now.

Yeah I actually contemplated just selling everything for a while it hit me pretty hard when I lost him. I mean I might be able to get others and pair them up, but they were actually collected together and super tight, and well they aren't exactly easy to get or keep alive I had them for over a year and a half so it was a pretty bum deal.

Yeah they can be really crazy, but that is odd that it was doing that good after a couple months and then just died out of no where, maybe it had some kind of internal parasite? That really sucks you got rid of a healthy good eater to get it and it didn't make it tho, that definitely just makes it worse :(

Lots of SPS I hope!

For sure! It will be a bit more mixed then I'd normally do in the past, but it will still be SPS dominated.

BattleAthletics

How I couldn't figure it out it kept telling me this forum doesn't allow that extension or showing a generic tiny picture box without a pic (kinda like the pic has been removed type thing). :( I was pretty sure I used flickr before but it didn't wanna act right for me the other day.

Go to your picture, then click the bottom right icon and that should have a drop down menu showing options, next click view all sizes, go to the size you want then right click and save image url

Tadaaaaa

Go to your picture, then click the bottom right icon and that should have a drop down menu showing options, next click view all sizes, go to the size you want then right click and save image url

Tadaaaaa

Yeah I did that but when I would post it here it would tell me that the site didn't allow that extension..... maybe it was just effin with me that night lol

Hooked up the JBJ ATO, and my old AC Jr controller tonight, tried to redo my wiring with that process, but it turned out that I suck at wire management and I doubt any amount of zip ties/ or fancy wire organizers would help..... althought I didn't (and don't plan to) use any of that stuff. When it comes to the sump area I am pretty much under the category of not a big deal it is behind closed doors and no one will see my ugliness. :) But I definitely give you guys that can make that area all pretty, clean and organized much credit, its definitely a skill I don't posses lol

Sweet start, love the white top/bottom trim and the fact that it's a 40B but I might be a bit biased...

Do you have any sump shots? Curious how you setup your 20L...how much pellets are you planning to run and what kind of reactor?

Sweet start, love the white top/bottom trim and the fact that it's a 40B but I might be a bit biased...

Thanks, it does have some pretty nice dimensions :)

Do you have any sump shots? Curious how you setup your 20L...how much pellets are you planning to run and what kind of reactor?

Right now I don't have any with water, I do have one on the 2nd page I think with the skimmer sitting in it empty tho. It is just a standard drains + skimmer/ reactor chamber, area where cheato was (molly female got down there and ate it all the other day lol), and return section, nothing fancy.

I plan to run on the light side for pellets, around 100-150ml as I don't want to strip the water to much but do want to be able to feed fairly heavy..... I will be using a DIY reactor made from a Voss water bottle atleast to start, as I'm not overly fond of any of the premades especially for their price + I like to mess around with stuff and do things myself so I figure give it a shot.

Archived