Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Well, hello there! :wub:

:lol:

i won't ever own a big tank without a eurobrace, I am paranoid with my 50 lol. love miracles work though going to keep them in mind for when I move.

Also, there is a peace of mind that comes with an overbuilt tank that I find sexier than using the thinnest glass possible on a rimless (aka the marineland 60g cubes lol).

Yeah I really like the eurobrace. I've never had a euro before, always had the ugly black plastic, but I am reallllly liking the euro look for this tank, I don't think it would look as great on a smaller tank tho (and it does make getting into the fairly large overflow box a bit rough even in this size), but Miracles really pulled it off with this tank.. Their quality on this beauty is exceptionally high, well worth the premium. I honestly don't think Reef Savvy could have done it much, if any better.

I fully agree! Thin cheap glass scares me. My 70 had 1/4" w/ the plastic trim and no noticeable bow.... my 40B had a sketchy looking bow to it even being 2" shorter height wise, and a foot shorter in length and still 1/4". Even though I know tons of people run em, that thing scared me after the 70 popped the seam.

Well it sure is a sexy SOB.

Thanks bro!!! :) I can't wait to see your new beauty as well ;)

Wow, it sounds really over built! That's probably why Miracles is ok with offering a warranty even if you aren't using their stand. Who says they don't build 'em like they used to?? lol

I don't know that I'd say its overbuilt really. I think they just take their time, do it right and know they do a solid job ;) Also despite being "only" a 4' tank it is still around 150g so it does warrant a little extra support then most 4' tanks typically would IMO.

Good lord that's sexy.

Thanks man, even dry it is a work of art! I would definitely highly recommend Miracles!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

:lol:

Yeah I really like the eurobrace. I've never had a euro before, always had the ugly black plastic, but I am reallllly liking the euro look for this tank, I don't think it would look as great on a smaller tank tho (and it does make getting into the fairly large overflow box a bit rough even in this size), but Miracles really pulled it off with this tank.. Their quality on this beauty is exceptionally high, well worth the premium. I honestly don't think Reef Savvy could have done it much, if any better.

I fully agree! Thin cheap glass scares me. My 70 had 1/4" w/ the plastic trim and no noticeable bow.... my 40B had a sketchy looking bow to it even being 2" shorter height wise, and a foot shorter in length and still 1/4". Even though I know tons of people run em, that thing scared me after the 70 popped the seam.

Thanks bro!!! :) I can't wait to see your new beauty as well ;)

I don't know that I'd say its overbuilt really. I think they just take their time, do it right and know they do a solid job ;) Also despite being "only" a 4' tank it is still around 150g so it does warrant a little extra support then most 4' tanks typically would IMO.

Thanks man, even dry it is a work of art! I would definitely highly recommend Miracles!

I'll admit it, I saved the pic to my phone...

Since today was likely one of the last nice days of the year (they were talking snow showers Friday...) we decided it would be a good day to take the boys out and get some pics :)....

CSC_0815_zpsc987557a.jpg

CSC_0832_zps44f3ea7d.jpg

Since the youngest will be 1 soon wife wanted some pics for his birthday invites/ 1st halloween as well

CSC_0584_zpsf20ddb3c.jpg

kids are adorable, chris. glenn is right, seems like you just had the youngest a week ago. they grow up fast. no kids of my own yet but yesterday was my brothers 16th birthday and i had him drive us up to the store. seems like yesterday he was playing in the back yard.

It seems like it was just yesterday when the little one was flipping us all off, lol.

Good looking kids man :)

Yeah I know it is crazy to think that in just a few weeks he will be a yr old already!!

Thanks, they take after their mom more there then me thankfully :)

kids are adorable, chris. glenn is right, seems like you just had the youngest a week ago. they grow up fast. no kids of my own yet but yesterday was my brothers 16th birthday and i had him drive us up to the store. seems like yesterday he was playing in the back yard.

Thanks man! When people say time flies when you have kids its no joke, if you guys have kids I suggest not blinking or you will seriously miss so much :wacko:

In tank related news I plan to go get the final pieces of trim tonight and hopefully get them stained tomorrow, build the doors and get the stand finalized by the weekend. Going to put what I am hoping will be the final coat on the inside of the stand and start working on the scape tonight, I have a feeling it will be a process done over a couple nights tho ;)

Good idea on getting the little dudes outside, I try to every day when my wife is off too and we head out to a few state forests and parks in the area. This is my favorite time of year to do it as it isn't scorching hot or freezing cold. A nice 73* out with all the leaves still changing colors and or falling makes for a good day out.

Good idea on getting the little dudes outside, I try to every day when my wife is off too and we head out to a few state forests and parks in the area. This is my favorite time of year to do it as it isn't scorching hot or freezing cold. A nice 73* out with all the leaves still changing colors and or falling makes for a good day out.

Yeah we try to get out regularly, having an acre and a half at home makes it pretty easy to go out and play when the weather isn't crap :) Yesterday we went out to play at one of the local parks and decided to take the camera along as well... which I don't do often enough.

Yeah we try to get out regularly, having an acre and a half at home makes it pretty easy to go out and play when the weather isn't crap :) Yesterday we went out to play at one of the local parks and decided to take the camera along as well... which I don't do often enough.

I hear ya, a much larger yard is on the list of priorities when we decide to sell this place... townhouses just have crap for backyards. My oldest is really only happy when hes outside... in the mud leaves and water.

Picture taking is always difficult when you're just trying to have fun with the little dudes too. I find it more of a burden lugging it around than worthwhile although I do love it when I get the occasional good shot that really makes you remember the day.

Our yard was one of the big things that made us decide to stay where we are instead of selling like we were talking about... got looking at micro yards and it just wasn't something we wanted to give up right now.

My oldest is the same way absolutely loves the outdoors. I recently redid and extended my driveway just to give him more bicycle space, and took down a few trees (with a few more bushes/ smaller trees on the list for next year) to open the yard up more for them to run and play a little safer :)

Our yard was one of the big things that made us decide to stay where we are instead of selling like we were talking about... got looking at micro yards and it just wasn't something we wanted to give up right now.

My oldest is the same way absolutely loves the outdoors. I recently redid and extended my driveway just to give him more bicycle space, and took down a few trees (with a few more bushes/ smaller trees on the list for next year) to open the yard up more for them to run and play a little safer :)

how old was yours when you got him his first bike, something I am looking at we have a great street for it (dead in with parking lot at the end)

how old was yours when you got him his first bike, something I am looking at we have a great street for it (dead in with parking lot at the end)

We got his 1st actual bike just before he turned 2. He preferred his tricycle tho until this summer when he was 3.

We got his 1st actual bike just before he turned 2. He preferred his tricycle tho until this summer when he was 3.

awesome were approaching 3 this winter gonna go straight for a bike none of that tricycle biz lol. I am only nerding out about it as mountain biking was my only hobby for quite a bit. It'll be great to get back into biking with them.

awesome were approaching 3 this winter gonna go straight for a bike none of that tricycle biz lol. I am only nerding out about it as mountain biking was my only hobby for quite a bit. It'll be great to get back into biking with them.

FWIW he had the size for the bicycle when he was 2, but he didn't get or like peddling the bike until well after he picked it up on the trike. I don't know if it was just a better possition or what but he would go to the bike over the trike every time.

Got the bulkheads installed and sump baffled tonight, nothing special but it will function how I need it to :) Hopefully have the stand done this weekend and get it plumbed (can't start plumbing until doors are on the stand due to the curious 80lb puppy, and 3.5 yr old as I'm not risking one of them jarring a pipe and cracking the bottom... they are both definitely strong enough to do so despite the high quality thick bottom pane), had some difficulty figuring out the stupid hinges and of course it will throw it off from how I wanted to do it because of the 2x4 in the corner so contemplating if I want to modify the corner posts (notch them for the hinges) or modify my original design....

Next week I will knock out the canopy (not in a huge hurry as I know I will have a pretty good cycle starting all dry....), and get some water flowing :)

How fun- building one up! .

Building pretty much everything myself.... all while trying to make progress on remodeling the house.... I am a bit crazy :wacko:

80lb. Puppy- awesome!

Yeah, 4.5 month old Great Dane/ English Mastiff mix. I knew she was going to grow big and fairly quick but I really didn't expect it to be this quick. From what I've seen typically she shouldn't be around 80 lbs until 7-9 months, shes not fat at all tho, just has a really big bone structure. At this point I fully expect her to outweigh her dad as he was only 165lbs (mom was 135) LOL

Archived