Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Yeah I'm not that worried about it, but I do know that if I calibrated my screen it would likely be pointless because like you said it would still be off for others who aren't calibrated still so I'll just try my best. Someday maybe I'll get it right lol

exactly, but atleast then you could be like, well your monitor is off not my problem bro.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly, but atleast then you could be like, well your monitor is off not my problem bro.

True. Maybe when I get my skills a bit better it will be worth checking into more, although people see colors differently too... if someone wants to complain they will always find a way ;)

If you are serious about color rendition on what is listed your color on your monitor has to be calibrated to a true color or standard. They sell gadgets to do this with software so basically green on your ipad shows the same green as on your monitor and will show the same green on someone elses computer (if their monitor is also color calibrated which is most likely isn't) But in any case its a fault on their end and not yours.

heres an example of one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=838843&gclid=CMqEtp2_vsECFdRaMgodp0oA9w&Q=&is=REG&A=details'>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=838843&gclid=CMqEtp2_vsECFdRaMgodp0oA9w&Q=&is=REG&A=details

really these are for photographers so when they print on a color calibrated printer the colors are the same as whats on their monitor.

That's pretty sweet! I've never seen one of those, may have to pick one up.

True. Maybe when I get my skills a bit better it will be worth checking into more, although people see colors differently too... if someone wants to complain they will always find a way ;)

lol, then its like dude are you color blind? oh you are? that sucks...

So ignore the missing trim (pulled it because the tv used to be close to here and need to reroute the wire to the new spot...) and blue tarp (didn't wanna get wood glue on the floor I get sloppy sometimes lol) but the stand is framed.....

IMAG1014_zps1gb7puog.jpg

Yes it could hold a small army, also pretty sure I will add a removable center support on the front. With 2 boys and a dog that will likely be close to 200lbs I'm not taking any risks of the stand not being stable lol

And just cuz its not on this page...

48x30x24offsetint_zpse6378fa3.jpg

Looking good! Are you making a sump or buying one? Any final plans on that? Dang that tanks looks bigger than a 40B

Thanks man! I was looking at a couple of the premade sumps but I had to go custom because of my skimmer size and didn't really wanna mess with it for something that really isn't going to be seen much... so I ended up picking up another 40B to use for the sump on this system :)

Stand is looking good Chris and that tank looks sa-weeeet :).

Thanks :) Yeah the tank definitely looks amazing, Miracles did an excellent job from what I can tell so far :)

That stand looks like you could park a truck on it! I over build my stands as well, better safe than sorry.

Yeah top is 2x6 (miracles pretty much required this), sides are 2x4 in an L w/ a 1.5x1.75 support tying it all together, the bottom is a 2x4 frame laying upright over top of 2x6 laid flat. My 3/4 ply base will drop into the 2x4 frame be siliconed in and act as a small water barrier....

After I do some water changes after the kids go to bed I am hoping to get it primed and build the canopy tonight as well :)

Yeah top is 2x6 (miracles pretty much required this), sides are 2x4 in an L w/ a 1.5x1.75 support tying it all together, the bottom is a 2x4 frame laying upright over top of 2x6 laid flat. My 3/4 ply base will drop into the 2x4 frame be siliconed in and act as a small water barrier....

After I do some water changes after the kids go to bed I am hoping to get it primed and build the canopy tonight as well :)

Sounds like a busy day!

So miracles has a warranty on their tanks even if you don't use their stand (assuming they build stands...I honestly don't know)? That's pretty cool if so. That proves that they stand behind their tanks, and I would sleep easier at night knowing that.

So miracles has a warranty on their tanks even if you don't use their stand (assuming they build stands...I honestly don't know)? That's pretty cool if so. That proves that they stand behind their tanks, and I would sleep easier at night knowing that.

Yeah 1 yr with some fairly basic requirements. It was one of the many reasons I chose them over other places.

Tank will be here Monday afternoon. Got the panels all cut for the stand tonight going to prime the backs tonight and start staining tomorrow :)

Damn you have been busy I under estimated your motivation ;).

I didn't want this monster stand sitting empty to long ;) Although I still haven't decided sand, or starboard... I've got 2-3 5g buckets of sand here I might just use and if I decide I hate it change it out later. With the wrasses I really probably should do sand anyway. :wacko:

everyone is building new stands these days!

Everyone is getting bigger tanks these days ;)

3 or 4 coats of stain on the panels so far.... contemplating more lol

Everyone is getting bigger tanks these days ;)

3 or 4 coats of stain on the panels so far.... contemplating more lol

you staining then clear coating?

i made the mistake the last time I stained something using a 2 in 1... results were depressing lol.

I was going to do that too, but didnt know how multiple coats would work, and they only had a few colors, none of which the wife approved... kinda glad now :)

I was going to do that too, but didnt know how multiple coats would work, and they only had a few colors, none of which the wife approved... kinda glad now :)

I can't remember for the life of me what brand it was from lowes... but seriously it took more time trying to fix it than it would've just to stain separately. Maybe just my crap wood working skills.

Archived