inTank Media Baskets

Chris' 40B

Chris!

I'm glad your wife likes the tanks enough to want two huge tanks :) My ideal would be to have a really nice ~100 gallon reef. I think bigger is too much work, but I want a crazy upgraded, everything top of the line equipment, high end corals reef and then like a 300-500 gallon FOWLR. And then a frag tank :) Hehe!

That's good that the angels mostly left the SPS alone. I was so lucky with my first coral beauty. She never bothered anything, even my 3 clams of LPS corals. I figured it wasn't worth the risk of trying another one in my LPS dominated re-do, so now I have an obsession with wrasses. I want angels again someday though, they're my favorite!

Photographing fish is a PITA. Someday I'm going to figure out a good way to do it.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Photographing fish is a PITA. Someday I'm going to figure out a good way to do it.

Shutter priority mode, shutter speed 1/125 or 1/250. ISO 200-800 depending on your lens. :)

Shutter priority mode, shutter speed 1/125 or 1/250. ISO 200-800 depending on your lens. :)

I'm using an iPhone 5 or a Canon Powershot :) This is the problem :lol:

I'm glad your wife likes the tanks enough to want two huge tanks :) My ideal would be to have a really nice ~100 gallon reef. I think bigger is too much work, but I want a crazy upgraded, everything top of the line equipment, high end corals reef and then like a 300-500 gallon FOWLR. And then a frag tank :) Hehe!

Just one of the many reasons I love her :) lol

I had my 180 pretty well dialed in and maintenance wasn't as troublesome as some make big tanks seem, and if we ever actually do 2 tanks as big as we would like (which would require one hell of a living room and floorplan lol) I would very likely get one of those auto-water changers that changes a couple gallons a day.

That's good that the angels mostly left the SPS alone. I was so lucky with my first coral beauty. She never bothered anything, even my 3 clams of LPS corals. I figured it wasn't worth the risk of trying another one in my LPS dominated re-do, so now I have an obsession with wrasses. I want angels again someday though, they're my favorite!

Yeah my CBB was the least picky of the three, but I moved and it disturbed the mood in the tank apparently because the 1st night in their new spot the flame took out the CBB :( I would consider a couple different angels in an sps reef again but other then the "safe ones" I wouldn't test it with lps again.

Yeah I need to get some more practice in, and use the tips Ben just put up...

Thanks Ben :)

Got the results from my MRI in the mail today finally... Confirmed what I pretty much thought and there is a tear in the lateral meniscus, and a meniscal cyst. From what I've read surgery is the fix, but have an appointment next week to go over my "options" and have a doctor actually tell me what the MRI findings mean lol.

pismo_reefer

That sux, man... But, I would talk to the doc before getting too worked up.

Stop "Web MD'ing", too... :P

That sux, man... But, I would talk to the doc before getting too worked up.

Stop "Web MD'ing", too... :P

Due to the instability of the knee surgery was already being discussed before the MRI, which was mostly just to find out exactly what is going on and what parts are damaged as we (the doc included) thought possible MCL and maybe even ACL as well. And since I was still having pain and instability like 2.5 months after the original injury it wasn't likely that it was something that was going to heal itself.

The tear and cyst are directly off the MRI findings report (which also mentions arthroscopic repair (surgery) as the suggested fix) that was mailed to me. No WebMd, just based off what I've discussed with the doc and the few things he had me read to be informed about likely possibilities as the meniscus injury he felt was top of the list. ;) Definitely not worked up over it, its something I pretty much expected.... shit happens, some of it is just more fun then other shit lol

Maaaaaaaaaayne awesome weekend going on.... 1st get the MRI results yesterday, then go have some douche in a beat up pickup have his brakes fail and ass pack my trailer. Lucky for him, he didn't #### up my mower or ride. Then while mowing the deck belt on the mower snapped with one pass left to mow.... since it was on the side of the yard with the new renters next door that mowed a couple passes, ran out of gas and left their mower sitting in the middle of the yard 2 days ago so I said #### it and called it a day.

Waiting on a lady to send me pictures of some puppies to make it all better :) I've already talked to her about them but want to see some individual recent pics of the females before making a 2.5 hr drive lol

Went and picked up our new puppy :)

Pic at the park on the way home:

IMAG0759_zpsiubbv6d0.jpg

Shes alot chunkier then she looks in that pic tho:

IMAG0770_zpst3w3v8ls.jpg

Took Zailey (the new pup) into the vet, everything checked out great..... 14.1 lbs already at just over 6 weeks old LOL

My fat ass is losing a little weight still, down another 3lbs (so like 19lbs altogether) to 263.2 :) Ins. is basically making me do a month of physical therapy for the knee before they will approve surgery. :wacko:

Took Zailey (the new pup) into the vet, everything checked out great..... 14.1 lbs already at just over 6 weeks old LOL

My fat ass is losing a little weight still, down another 3lbs (so like 19lbs altogether) to 263.2 :) Ins. is basically making me do a month of physical therapy for the knee before they will approve surgery. :wacko:

Keep up the good work :).

Congrats, what a face on that puppy! Those paws r huge. This gal's gonna be a beast :)

Thanks, shes definitely got a "Hey come hug me" kinda face. She is a Great Dane/English Mastiff mix (or designer breed "Daniff" lol), so she will definitely be a big girl, her mom is 135 lbs and her dad is 160 so she will likely be somewhere between the two. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man life has been crazy lately. The puppy has been keeping us busy, physical therapy has been causing my knee to hurt more and give out more often so I need to go see the doc and likely get into the surgeon, and my grandma passed away.

My wife also decided instead of moving out of state, she wants to stay here for a few more years atleast so we are going to basically redo 80% of the house, decided to pull our oldest out of the school program we originally were going to do through the public schools and put him in a private school so been touring a few of those..... wiped the film algae off the glass this morning tho when I finally had a minute to sit down and try to look in it lol

On a good note, since we are deciding to stay here for a few more years I have decided its time to revisit my :ninja: plans.... but I am going to move it out of the small bedroom I completely redid earlier this year for it and move it into the basement where there will be alot more room to expand, which I am going to actually do right from the start. The plan is to be fully operational by the end of Oct- early November at the very latest :)

Welcome back, jerk.

Knee will definitly hurt before it gets better. Don't baby it at all. I made limping a habit and would catch myself walking weird when there was I reason to walk weird.

Welcome back, jerk. Knee will definitly hurt before it gets better. Don't baby it at all. I made limping a habit and would catch myself walking weird when there was I reason to walk weird.

I haven't babied it in months, I was working out and walking 3-5 miles on an elliptical for a while even before stuff started getting crazy around here. ;) I actually have a torn meniscus tho its not just a simple little ouchie. The physical therapist told me I should be seeing an improvement already if it was going to improve but it continues to get worse.

Besides, I don't have a limp.... I've always walked like a pimp lol

Sorry to hear about G-ma.

Let's see some more of that puppy and the :ninja:

Thanks bro.

The wife wants to get some more pics of the boys soon too so there should be some new pics of the dogs as well...... If I am feeling nice there will be some preview shots of the :ninja: late Sept/ early Oct. but I don't expect anything real official like until late Oct.-early Nov.

Archived