ReefCleaners.org

Fluval Spec V Build RETIRED

2004jeeplaredo

2004jeeplaredo

Noticed the powerhead, did you need more flow? I'm getting a list of equipment together to start mine next month and was wondering if I need the spin stream and a power head or just a power head with the 606? Thank you

Just the 606 and sponstream was good but had a dead area under it and so i added the power head which i already had and its not as clean looking but it now has a nice current. Try just the 606 and use the stock nozzle but take a small file or dremel and make the inside a little bigger to allow more flow. It helps alot and may even be too much flow if you remove too much, just an idea.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2004jeeplaredo

I added a red banded pistol and a tiny watchmen goby. For the last few days were no where in the same area. But today I'm happy to say they found each other and are paired up. I'll be posting a video soon. I'm really excited they paired!

• 6 months later...
2004jeeplaredo

Did u have a refugium in the sump of spec v? What lighting did u use to light up the back chamber..

I have Cheato and Chemipure elite in the back with a DIY media holder. I found a LED desk lamp at target and have it set up on a time to turn on at night when the main lights turn off.

2004jeeplaredo

Thank you for sharing your build! How do you like ur lights? any plans on changing them?

im very happy for what i paid, i cant afford or justify spending 200-400 dollars on a light. The aquamana from amazon is a great value.

im very happy for what i paid, i cant afford or justify spending 200-400 dollars on a light. The aquamana from amazon is a great value.

Yeah I know how you feel lol I am starting out with reefing and looking at the prices for lights...

• 4 weeks later...
2004jeeplaredo

Great video! Love the footage of the crab around 30 seconds.

thanks! They are probably one of my all time favorite.

The video is very well put together. The beginning is just pretty bad ass! How long have you had the two clowns in there?

2004jeeplaredo

The video is very well put together. The beginning is just pretty bad ass! How long have you had the two clowns in there?

oh man prob a just short on a year for one got the other a few months later

This is an amazing Spec. Kind of makes me wish I had gone that route. Following this thread.

thanks a bunch. I appreciate the support. Just to warn ya Ive kinda slowed down on updates but plan to post pics soon. Just started dosing acropower so ill see if it lives up to the hype.
2004jeeplaredo

Nice video! What camera/lens are you using?

its my wifes Nikon D7100 and a 105mm f/2.8 VR macro, my D3s doesnt shoot near as good of video so i borrow hers.
  • 3 months later...

Archived