SaltCritters.com

Fluval Spec V Build RETIRED

2004jeeplaredo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2004jeeplaredo

Long time no see, but it was worth the wait .

Tank looks amazing

yea I kinda got busy for a while. Glad you like it! Hopefully I'll be back again. I have been eyeing the new Innovative Marine Lagoon 25. It was like they took my dream tank setup and made it for me. Hehe

I love this spec v! I have the current USA pro and controller on mine I was wondering about the lighting because it's something I'm not very experienced on only keeping FOWLR tanks. I run my on a 12 hour cycle at 100 percent and it sits right on top of my tank but I was wondering if I should raise it up higher or run it at a different intensity or add any colors to it (it has both blues 445nm and 460nm and 8000k and 12000k whites). I really want mine to have the colors yours does!

2004jeeplaredo

I love this spec v! I have the current USA pro and controller on mine I was wondering about the lighting because it's something I'm not very experienced on only keeping FOWLR tanks. I run my on a 12 hour cycle at 100 percent and it sits right on top of my tank but I was wondering if I should raise it up higher or run it at a different intensity or add any colors to it (it has both blues 445nm and 460nm and 8000k and 12000k whites). I really want mine to have the colors yours does!

when it comes to intensity its down to the need of your corals. If they are all opening and looking good, don't change it. If they are softies and staying closed up more then it's too bright. Color wise blues are more pleasing to look at but growth will be slower. The whites will be more for growth but not as colorful. I leave mine whiter until I show it off then I add more blues.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ItalianReefer

Is your Spec V still running? Do you dose manually? What salt have you been using? I had to take down my 20 gallon long for a move and was going to take a break from the hobby, but I couldn't stay away. So I just get myself a Spec V and have rocks and snails in it from my 20 long. No fish or corals yet. Once I'm done with my move, I'll start stocking it up, but I want to get the filter part down first. For lighting, I'm running a Current Marine 18" right now, but want to use one of my AI Primes. I have not hooked up my ATO to it yet and just running the stock filter media for the time. What are you suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
2004jeeplaredo

I'm writing to say this tank has been torn down. I moved a month ago and could deal with it with the new house. I plan on setting up a IM Fusion 20 or 25 soon. I will take what I learned and set up my new tank and make it something cool. Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice with this tank over the years. I can't wait to come back to the forum with my new bigger tank.

• 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

I'm writing to say this tank has been torn down. I moved a month ago and could deal with it with the new house. I plan on setting up a IM Fusion 20 or 25 soon. I will take what I learned and set up my new tank and make it something cool. Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice with this tank over the years. I can't wait to come back to the forum with my new bigger tank.

:tears: Come back soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived