SaltCritters.com

Drama's 34g cad (media basket install)......sike

Dramad1

So since coming back from a long break in the hobby, I've got the bug again. Currently have 2 tanks set up, BC29 & microreefs4.2. The BC is doing well and the 4.2 is still cycling. Blah blah blah....

getting right to it, a few days ago I finally hit the checkout button on a 34g cadlights mini¡¡. Trons tank inspired me to take the plunge and I really like the design and equipment cad has to offer. I ordered the full package and am awaiting shipment. Should ship today or tomorrow, or hopefully by monday.

So new tank calls for new equipment. Yeah!!!! Get to drive the wife nutts with all the boxes that get delivered. Blah blah blah....

Equip ordered and started to receive:

Mp10es

tds meter

Carib sea agra alive fiji pink 20# (bag exploded during shipping, sent back to MD and am waiting for re ship)

Colbalt neo therm 100w

Auto aqua smart ato

few colapsable water jugs

still looking to order either live rock or base rock. Cant decide. Maybe some baserock with a seed rock. Can anyone recommend a good place online for some bomb a$s rock. Id like some live shelf style rock if I can find any. I found a guy on ebay that has some decent reviews, sells florida style rock.

20140214_172840_zpshrlhmtxg.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today I visited a local reefer and picked up some cured lr from a system break down. 21# tonga branch and pukani. I also picked up a few fuzzy mushies and an unknown sps coral that was thrown in for free!

So I got home and threw the rocks in a tote, filled w/ fresh sw and threw my old hqi lighting over the top.im hoping to keep anything from dying off till my tank arrives. I have buckets and mixing crap all over my room. Lol. Wife walked in like wtf.

So im just waiting on my tank and live sand to show up and I should be able to get it all set uo fairly quickly assuming tank passes the leak test.

Pics:

20140216_132857_zps0sjrzq50.jpg

20140216_132827_zpsws8ijsta.jpg

Id please^^^^

20140216_132721_zpsyhdh5txv.jpg

20140216_122151_zpsvk0ldjdq.jpg

20140216_122210_zpsltu1zocz.jpg

Another NBR light?

possibly after I get it set up and decide on stocking options. Im sure I will go that route eventually. Have to recoup some funds first.

Update!!!

Tank has arrived along with a few other items! Leak testing now.

Pics:

20140219_200057_zps5dnmudf1.jpg

20140219_200038_zpsegqhhcfd.jpg

20140219_183046_zpsdca25s7q.jpg

20140219_162204_zpsifle8zij.jpg

20140219_162129_zpsfgyaoz5x.jpg

If tank is leak free tomorrow, I will start filling it up and setting everything up. Im excited, its like Christmas all over again!

Leak test passed.....

time to get hot!!!

Since getting home from work, I have been busy installing equip and running wires into cabinet. Its getting there. I originally was only going to set up the return pump and vortech but decided to install everything with wires so I wouldnt have to try to move tank and stand once its filled.

Progress pics:

20140220_171610_zpsh0baluin.jpg

20140220_180646_zpsmp45qrmo.jpg

VorTech controller is on the out side because the two holes I drilled in the back of stand were not large enough for the dry side to fit. Its all good, I can deal with it.

20140220_192423_zpsp13i3pup.jpg

After thinking about it all day, I decided to mount the ato on the return side. I had to remove some of the vinyl so the sensor can see the water level

20140220_192437_zpscusaqzmq.jpg

pic of the rear chambers, the reactor and skimmer will be turned off until after the cycle and get a lil load in here!

Well, now I gotta start making water and start tidying up my wires. Ill keep it posted. Thanks for checking me out!

Moving along fairly quickly, tank is wet and I just finished putting my lr in. 1st scape and im going to try my hardest not to mess with it and leave it as it is. After a few hours of moving things around and taking a step back, I think I like the way it came out. Plenty of clearance all the way around to clean the glass. Pics and vid uploading to photobucket now. Once there done I'll post them up. It may be too much rock for some but I like it. Pics in a few!

So just placed my order with reef cleaners for a cuc. Since I am using fully cured lr and ls my cycle should be almost non existent. I did use two pieces of dry rock that I seeded in a tote for a week with the lr and since beingbin the main display, it is already coloring up and showing signs of life.

Since I bought the rock from a local doing a tank break down. I have noticed a few hitch hikers that came along with it. I forget what they are called at the moment but they are those tiny star fish that harlequin shrimp love. Ha ha. Anyways I have a few of those. I also have a hitchhiker coral. Im unsure if its a kind of xenia or a clove polyp, since the new set up-itbhas exploded with growth and the tanks I only a week old. Ill post pics.

The last hitch hiker I noticed looks like some kind of anemone. Kinda like aptasia but its not. Tenticles are clear with round purple balls on the tips. It is very tiny. Cant get a decent pic.

20140227_154529_zps00dc7295.jpg

Looks really good so far....its great to see how far cadlights has come since their first 34 gallon model(i had one when i first started the hobby)

• 2 weeks later...

Received my cuc, they have been working away in the tank now for about 5 days. I was feeding my other tank and decided to give this tank a mini shot of food as well. The zombies awoke and all stormed the back corner of my tank. :) it was awesome!!!

20140311_173625_zpsxt1vhe75.jpg

20140311_1736550_zpscyvitd5j.jpg

Habit^^^ I have the wire ran like this on my other tanks, I got excited and put the sticky pads on after I decided placement. I was going to fast setting it all up. I should have ran it horizontally or straight down.

.....cause I follow directions. Lol.. I think its defective as well cause its 2-3 times louder than my others. It should have quieted down by now from break in but nope.

• 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful setup . just got a few question.

how was the build of the tank?

how was the build/quality of the stand did you order the solid wood stand?

What a beautiful setup . just got a few question.

how was the build of the tank?

how was the build/quality of the stand did you order the solid wood stand?

the build quality of the tank was excellent. Rear chambers are large and reinforced, equip works flawlessly, display didnt leak into rear chambers, the bent glass and seams lined up perfectly, beveled top looks amazing, very well shipped and personally delivered. Overall imo an excellent build by cadlights.

I ordered the reg stand but got upgraded for free to the solid wood stand. It looks amazing and fits the tank perfectly, gives the tank a very professional look. When I received it, no instructions came for assembly, so I emailed Scott and he got me hooked up with a set via pdf and I got it together no problem. Only thing I didn't like about the stand was the rear wall of the stand didn't have any holes to run wires through. I drilled a few myself no problem. Other than that I'm pleased and the stand feels nice and sturdy and the cabinet has plenty of storage space.

• 2 weeks later...

Stocking soon!

Going for semi fowlr w/ a few softys here and there possibly. Already have a few hitchhikers that came on my rock.

So the wife wants some designer clowns. I like the naked clowns from ora. Need some ideas!

Maybe a longnose hawk fish, some kinda of wrasse. Flame hawk, blenny,gobies?

I want to stock about 5 fish over time.

Any ideas anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Light just arrived. Installing possibly tonight, if not by the weekend for sure

20140430_173716_zpsyr6bcsjh.jpg

20140430_173913_zpsa5iflox4.jpg

Bulbs

20140430_173731_zpsdy8a1qgu.jpg

replacing this light

20140430_173751_zpsjzedx6aq.jpg

I dont know whats going on. Photobucket likes my red planet more than the tank shot. Wtf. Rp is in my biocube and is getting red-er by the day. Was over half green when I got it.

20140504_174146_zps3cny6py2.jpg

Last attempt:

20140504_123211_zpsgkyhb7ze.jpg

theishkid

Your tank really looks awesome. I'm hoping to run the same setup with a nano box light.

How many pounds of live rock do you have in there? It really looks like the perfect amount.

Your tank really looks awesome. I'm hoping to run the same setup with a nano box light. How many pounds of live rock do you have in there? It really looks like the perfect amount.

Thanks for the compliment,I have aprox 22-24# of lr. Ive been thinking of removing maybe the top arch. Pics with dont do by the scape justice imo. If you look at the scape up close, its full of shelfs and caves w/ plenty of diffent levels to mount corals. My plan is to stock about 5 fish and go slow with corals. Currently only have a pulsing xenia that came on the rock.

That light looks really close to the water.

this pic was taken right after I hung the light. I have move the light about 6" higher than whats shown in the pic. F>B, b+,b+,c+,b+. Nice and icy.

Your scape looks great!

thank you.

Archived