Cultivated Reef

uniquee Pico :)

uniquee1

Update 2/25/2014

welp all corals are doing fantastic. crabs finally left alone the corals as well..guess it was just cleaning them..

woke up today and i saw a critter that i have seen many of times...an Aiptasia...i know they are bad so how do i get rid of them completely? i dont want anything in my tank to die because of it...HELPPP

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 3/6/2014

Well i havent posted in a while but the tank is doing pretty swell so far.

Livestock currently:

Some Green Palys

White(Bleached maybe) polyps by the green palys i dont kno what they are

Orange Rico it looks to me

some zoas

and my kenya tree.

All see to be doing well so far it seems judging by the shots. Im very interested in the Rico though. Not sure about mouths and all this other stuff im reading.

My levels have all been pretty good so far. doing a water change tonight so thatll be done. Ive noticed and in the pictures you can clearly see the tree and the palys extending very far in the stalk..is that normal?

post-81371-0-82000200-1394165032_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-38814200-1394165034_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-83015900-1394165035_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-33960900-1394165037_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-35575800-1394165066_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3/21/2014

Welp its been a while since ive updated the acct but as of right now the tank is doing great! Everythings still running properly..nothing has died(knock on wood) and they seem to be doing pretty alright.

Just bought a hydor pump for additional water flow..i feel like I don't have much in my opinion.

I am looking to purchase a Par30 bulb as well shortly within the next week or so as well.

Added recently:

Green star polyp frag..putting it on the bottom of the tank on the sand..hoping it grows like grass would lol..idk how good itll look but im excited for it.

Yellow Watchmen Goby!! Just put him in last night..testing the waters though with the puffer at this moment..hopefully I don't bioload it to hard I think that's the phrase..worst comes to worst if I notice problems with the puffer and the goby im gonna give the puffer to my LFS and get a clown.

Pics to come of the updated tank!!

Update 3/25/2014

Tank is still alive nothing new really happening in it..levels are good etc.typical water changes blah blah blah lol.

anyways we have some new editions to the tank!

Got my new water flow...Hydor Koralia 240(i think) looks nice and small in the tank and is giving great movement in the water, real pleased with that..Dont really know as far as placement goes but i like where its at right now seems to give some good flow in the tank.

Secondly, added a new coral..Green Star polyps this weekend..finally opening up a little but not much..not showing any green right now either dont know if its because of my lighting unsure.

Finally, got a yellow watchman goby to pair up with my puffer for right now..puffy is doing good and the goby is doing pretty decent i think. hes a bit shy but is out and about right now actually i think waiting on some food lol. Puffy is getting to a nice size i think hes grown maybe a bit..may have to move him to the LFS eventually cause i think he may outgrow the tank..unsure about this too...

Pics!! sorry for crappy camera phone LOL.

post-81371-0-61348600-1395797556_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-16301500-1395797558_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-49961600-1395797560_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-00750700-1395797562_thumb.jpg

Paandemonium

Your tank is coming along wonderfully! What did you end up doing to fix your stagnation problem? A spin stream?

Once you upgrade the lights this is gonna be so freaking awesome lol

What are you running filtration wise right now?

Stocking ideas?

well. all i did was adjust the nozzle on the water flow and it got rid of the problem on the top of the water.. yeah i cant wait to upgrade the lighting i really havent seen much improvement from my corals granted its only about a month and a half old i guess lol.

right now i have some biomax going on for filtration plus live sand and live rock thats it..dont really know as far as filtration what i should have and what can help...thats where you guys come in :P

i absolutely love the hammer, bubble and ricordea..would love to put them in there right now other then that some zoas from reef chicks hopefully they seem to have the greatest colors ever lol..uhmm i do like trumphets i think theyre called those are pretty cool.basically what i see and like the colors is something that i may be putting into the tank.. hammer corals and frogspawn those types are by far my favorite with the ricordea though..unforunately around here in Myrtle Beach the LFS are limited in the ricordea selection..gonna have to get some off the net i suppose..shipping prices are crazy lol.

well not much to really update you all on.

Changed the scape to something im gonna stick with. I dig it ill have pictures of it soon..

Additionally I ordered corals from Reef Gardener on Saturday hoping they are gonna be shipped out today for tomorrow!!

Bought my par38 bulb and should be installing that hopefully today once I find a gooseneck tonight.

New additions are here for the tank hoping to make it better by adding some new great frags..new colors to make it snazyy and the new lighting!! Pics soon once everything is set up! :D

Updates: 4/9/2014

Well guys its official!! The Par 38 bulb is up and running and doing well might I add. Additionally I have purchased some new corals from Reef Gardener that just came in this morning and I cant tell you how awesome they are!!

Currently just placed in the tank:

-Red Eagle Zoanthids (huge number of polyps on it wasnt expecting it) Hasnt opened up yet but i cant wait to see what they look like under the par 38

-Emerald with Purple Tips Hammer Coral ( my FAVORITE coral to date!! Morgan gave me one with 4 heads/polyps its gonna be gorgeous)

-Blue Magic Ridcordea ( Amazing because the moment i put it in the tank it opened up like it was nothing. Gorgeous coloring with some reddish/orange looks to be)

-Super Blue Discosoma Mushroom ( One Mushroom but great size for it. Gorgeous coloring on it. cant wait to see if grow!! )

Finally he through in a freebie that I have no idea what it is!! LOL. I am really looking forward to getting pictures but the problem is my iPhone camera takes horrible photos with the new Par38 bulb..any ideas on how to get better pictures thru iPhone? hah.

Welp i got some pictures..theyre crap in my opinion and dont do my tank any justice but i figure i would show them to you guys anyways.

post-81371-0-27938600-1397076388_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-26681400-1397076389_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-19946600-1397076390_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-17158600-1397076391_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-19569200-1397076392_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-22337600-1397076393_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-21183600-1397076394_thumb.jpg

post-81371-0-77131400-1397076394_thumb.jpg

i cant tell if that picture with the green tentacles is either a frogspawn or torch..any ideas?

API make a product that buffers your pH to 8.4 if your willing to give that a go.

yeah ive gotten it under control everything seems to be running just right now. :D thanks though!

thanks! I love my new scape that I just did..i think it fits well with the tank and stuff..i gotta start learning how to poxy and glue corals onto rock that way things stop falling over !! haha

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 4/28/2014

Came back from my vacation of 10 days..tank is in a slight rough shape..had an algae bloom in the tank and i got some brown algae all over the tank on the glass on the walls on the rocks...cleaned up the rocks a bit but i cant tell if the algae i have is bad algae etc. Its a bit wavy and looks like strands of hair. it doesnt look like a slime so im not sure..overall the corals i have in the tank look absolutely amazing! everything has grown and is gorgeous apart from the algae haha.doing a water change tonight and working on getting it cleaned up any tips?

Archived